College Fund Challenge

How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?

• You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost.

Votes: 78 58.2%
  • You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500.

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • You think I will get way more then $2,000,000.

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How are you finding the cable DD on Toms EA at the moment :)

It's currently at a 20.06% DD. I've personally seen it at 48% DD with other dips like this since Aug 2011. That's just how it works. It usually is 10-12% DD with occasional dips like this. The balance stays steady on the rise so no worries. ;)

Well, I got some bad news about Hotfx. They are eliminating all USA accounts by June. :confused:

Sooo, I will have to close out all open trades soon. I have two open with my morning-trade system and hope they close out by themselves.

Do you have any plans on new brokers?

Yes but the problem is finding a non-US broker that accepts USA accounts. I found TradeFort. They accept USA accounts but I will have to use MoneyBookers to fund the account.
It's just a headache moving everything. :rolleyes:

I've had a broker set-back. I found out Thursday that Hotfx are now kicking out all US clients. Anyway, I've now found the new broker I will be using, Tradefort. It will take me a few days to withdraw all current funds and deposit to new broker. I'm also putting all trading platforms on a VPS so even when I travel I can trade as long as I have internet.

All trades are now closed and I won't be adding new trades until I am switched over. I closed out a losing trade early and had a winning trade close today so all in profit and at new highs. :clap:

I hope to be trading again by next Monday. (Fingers crossed) Because I will be having a new account, I'll just start from around $1,200 and continuing my quest for $2M.

Actually not true....if trades are kept private you can still gauge the performance by looking at Equity Balance which it will show what is left in percent etc..

Look at top left under stats

tkbieber,

After briefly looking at this thread I was going to watch with interest and wish you all the best, your growth chart on myfxbook looks impresive as well.

HOWEVER

Then I noticed that you have lots per trade as private, not a problem easy to work out with the info available.

On the other hand keeping your open trades private raises some quesions regarding your performance.

For all we know you have several trades running at a loss wipeing out all your gains or worse still a trade that you have allowed to go beyond 250 pips loss.

So unless the open trades were to be made visible I would have to say that you will blow up.

If the reason for keeping open trades private is so that trades can not be piggy backed by others, then you can take a screenshot of your myfxbook page once a week showing us the performance including the open trades.

All the best.

Tradefort will not allow you to use MoneyBookers because they are tied to US Fed Reserve....only way to do it is register an offshore corporation, then register with Trade Fort...

I've had a broker set-back. I found out Thursday that Hotfx are now kicking out all US clients. Anyway, I've now found the new broker I will be using, Tradefort. It will take me a few days to withdraw all current funds and deposit to new broker. I'm also putting all trading platforms on a VPS so even when I travel I can trade as long as I have internet.

All trades are now closed and I won't be adding new trades until I am switched over. I closed out a losing trade early and had a winning trade close today so all in profit and at new highs. :clap:

I hope to be trading again by next Monday. (Fingers crossed) Because I will be having a new account, I'll just start from around $1,200 and continuing my quest for $2M.

Well, alas... it may mark the end of this trading style because I am unable to find a working broker that has at least 1:200. This style of trading will never be able to be used with only 1:50. All my "off-shore" brokers kicked me off because I live in the US. :confused:

I am currently using FXDD and have two accounts opened with them. I will post results from one of them as soon as I fund it. I will be using a different system that will work with 1:50 so you guys can complain how that works. :LOL:

Stay tuned.

Ambitious to say the least.

Don't have time to skim through the whole topic, what was your annualized and total return? Sharpe ratio?

Ok, well here is my new account and system.
I won't be making any predictions because I am limited to 1:50. What ever will be will be and I'm not looking at $2M in a few years now. We will just have to see. :confused:

Also, I am totally switched over and trading on a VPS (virtual private server). It is close to 100% up time and much safer.

Still trading Toms EA are we? ;)

No, I can't because it requires much more than 1:50 for leverage.

No, I'm actually in the process of moving all my trading funds to a real business which consistently returns over 8% a month for the last 4-5 years I've been with them and I will average over 15% a month once I get it going.

Time to quick playing and make some real money. :smart:

No, I can't because it requires much more than 1:50 for leverage.

No, I'm actually in the process of moving all my trading funds to a real business which consistently returns over 8% a month for the last 4-5 years I've been with them and I will average over 15% a month once I get it going.

Time to quick playing and make some real money. :smart:

Crikey, not many businesses give that return, and if they do then its unlikely its offered out to joe public - it will grow organically and then float for billions. So my guess is you know someone.

So what is the business? I understand you won't want to give out the name cos its top secret but what's the industry? It wld be market leader in any industry, but there's not many industries which will have that high ROI.

Let me guess - loan sharking?

Crikey, not many businesses give that return, and if they do then its unlikely its offered out to joe public - it will grow organically and then float for billions. So my guess is you know someone.

So what is the business? I understand you won't want to give out the name cos its top secret but what's the industry? It wld be market leader in any industry, but there's not many industries which will have that high ROI.

Let me guess - loan sharking?

I just sent your a msg. :LOL: No, no loan sharking. It's a REAL international business with REAL paying customers. Current "investors" are seeing upwards of 20% monthly from a company who has been in business for over 13 years now. Debt-free, I may add.

I sent the info.

I just sent your a msg. :LOL: No, no loan sharking. It's a REAL international business with REAL paying customers. Current "investors" are seeing upwards of 20% monthly from a company who has been in business for over 13 years now. Debt-free, I may add.

I sent the info.

Cheers for the msg, I actually cannot find much dirt on it apart from the questionable health benefits of the juice drink, but mars bars were marketed as being healthy at one stage!

For everyone elses info, and perhaps opening up some discussion, the company is called trivita, its direct marketing type business but you buy customers, and get income from these. Not sure exactly how it works thoug as there is ltd info on the sites I cld find, and its a pain trying to search on the phone.

Tkb - what's the exact details behind becoming an affiliate?

Cheers for the msg, I actually cannot find much dirt on it apart from the questionable health benefits of the juice drink, but mars bars were marketed as being healthy at one stage!

For everyone elses info, and perhaps opening up some discussion, the company is called trivita, its direct marketing type business but you buy customers, and get income from these. Not sure exactly how it works thoug as there is ltd info on the sites I cld find, and its a pain trying to search on the phone.

Tkb - what's the exact details behind becoming an affiliate?

Ok, well there are two ways to earn. Yes, there is the old-fashion way and that is I share it with you, you sign up and now you are an affiliate just like me.
Because I have never been great at MLM's, I would close the book right there. However, that is where TriVita is different. I don't have to tell a single person, not family, friends, or any other such victim.
Because TriVita runs hundreds of National TV commercials of their products, they get thousands of new paying customers every month. What I have the privilege of doing is to buy the commission rights to these paying customers for life.
A good example of what we are seeing is that for $12,600 worth of customers purchased, the "investor" is getting from $800-$1000 on a weekly basis. What I will be doing is compounding the earnings and reordering customers so that my customer base becomes several hundred strong.
I know of people who have literally sold their brick-n-mortar (traditional business) and traded it in for this business. Now, they have no sales, inventory to stock, customers to deal with and on-and-on. Basically, they don't have the traditions business head-ache but get the financial befits of monthly paying customers and finical freedom.
I am working on putting together a web-site. The URL is temporary and still working out some details but since you asked... you can see their infomercials and more videos about the business, etc. here.