College Fund Challenge

How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?

• You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost.

Votes: 78 58.2%
  • You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500.

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • You think I will get way more then $2,000,000.

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm off to a good start this week with +55 pips. :clap:

I decided to take off the JPY all together. It's too slow and had a couple of big losses within the last 30 days. I think just trading the GBP on the 15m and 1h chart is good enough.

medium.jpg

Simply stunning.

Good job so far on the 2,000,000 goal account. I was wondering what robot do you use on the S180group fund? It looks to be making slow but steady gains.

Good job so far on the 2,000,000 goal account. I was wondering what robot do you use on the S180group fund? It looks to be making slow but steady gains.

Yes, that's the "Tom's EA" So far I love it. It averages doubling my account every 4 months. I can handle that. If you think about it, where could $1,000 get you doubled every 4 months for the next 5 years? Enough to retire. :D

true, just sit back and in a few years buy a small island and retire. I checked it out and toms ea is very expensive. did you pay the full price? I guess if you dont want to pay that much one could invest with you. also do you use the stock settings on toms ea?

thanks

Thanks for the link Hotch. I like his S180 Group fund account now that it looks like he is no longer making risky trades. Looks like what 20% increase sence january? if this account can be doubled every 4 months which it looks like its on its way to then he should hit 10 million in just over 4 years. good luck to him!!!

true, just sit back and in a few years buy a small island and retire. I checked it out and toms ea is very expensive. did you pay the full price? I guess if you dont want to pay that much one could invest with you. also do you use the stock settings on toms ea?

thanks

Yes I do but there really isn't too much to change, just the amount you want to risk: small, medium, or a lot.

I choose to risk medium, and with four currency pairs. I follow his rules to a T and I trade minimum of $1000 per traded pair.

So you are now displaying Toms EA chart on your home page? Live Trades - S180Group
large.jpg

I hate to say it...but Toms EA will all end in tears! I learnt the hard way :( Have you back tested this EA in 2008?

What settings did you use? I have had only positive experience with it.

Used risk 1 on cable on a 1:500 micro account. I had a positive experience with it for about four months until January this year.....and then a never ending trend blew it up! My only advice to you is to make sure you regularly withdraw the profits. Call it what you want but at the end of the day this EA is a grid/martingale. It's a great EA....until Mr Martingale comes knocking at the door :cry:

Used risk 1 on cable on a 1:500 micro account. I had a positive experience with it for about four months until January this year.....and then a never ending trend blew it up! My only advice to you is to make sure you regularly withdraw the profits. Call it what you want but at the end of the day this EA is a grid/martingale. It's a great EA....until Mr Martingale comes knocking at the door :cry:

May I ask if you had at least $1,000 per pair traded. I started with $4,000 and trading 4 pairs with risk set at 2 (medium). I too traded through that bad time in January and 1:300 leverage. I made it though just fine even though at one point my account was down by about 48%. That is very unusual and before and after that my account usually is never past 12% in DD.

I was trading cable only and yes I started the account off with $1000. This was the recommended minimum for risk setting 1 according to Toms EA web site. I reckon you need at least $2000 per pair to be safe even on risk setting 1.

I was trading cable only and yes I started the account off with $1000. This was the recommended minimum for risk setting 1 according to Toms EA web site. I reckon you need at least $2000 per pair to be safe even on risk setting 1.

Humm, yes, it got tough there in Jan or Feb. I had at least $4,000 and was trading all four pairs. The GBP did have a good run of around 700 pips I think and had a relative DD of about 48% before it came back.

I personally don't know of a fail-safe system but Tom's ea seems to be one of the safest. Given it's track record of 8 months and every month ended in the positive, I'm pretty content with it. One thing I had to practice was, follow the rules and keep my emotions out of it when it did have a 48% dd. Yes, it was tough but if I keep my personal emotions out of it and not attached to my balance, I just let the EA do it's thing. The other personal rule I have is "never put all your eggs in one basket". I divide my risk into other systems so that no one system can ever take me down. (or at least that's the plan. I never say never. ;) )