Your favourite quote.

http://expertfootball.com/gossip/quotes.php?search=George_Best

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

"Giggs came in from the left hand right." George Best

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

"If i had been born ugly, you would have never heard of Pele" George Best

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

"I used to go missing quite alot...Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss world." George Best

"I've stopped drinking, but only when I'm sleeping" George Best

"I was in for 10 hours and 40 pints - beating my previous record by 20 minutes." George Best, on the blood transfusion after his liver transplant

"He's been very, very lucky, an average player who came into the game when it was short of personalities" George Best, on Kevin Keegan

"I'd give all the champagne I've ever drunk to be playing alongside him in an European match at Old Trafford" George Best, on Eric Cantona

"I spent 90% of my moey on woman and drink. The rest I wasted." George Best

"That's what children do - throw food. That's not fighting. We were real men. We'd have chinned them." George Best

"To call Keegan a superstar is stretching a point." George Best

"He's not fit to lace my boots as a player." George Best, on Kevin Keegan

"He cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head the ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright" George Best, on David Beckham

"Robert Redford used to be such a handsome man and now look at him: everything has dropped, expanded and turned a funny color." George Best

"I'd have to be superman to do some of the things that I'm supposed to have done, I've been at six different places at six different times." George Best

http://www.eyeballsout.com/quotes/ali.html

mohammad ali

I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.

I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark.

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.

Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.

Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Others stay awhile, make footprints on our hearts and we are never, ever the same.

The man who views the world at 50 the same way he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Make new friends but keep the old ones; one is silver and the other's gold.

My friend, why have you drifted so far away? All motion is relative, maybe it is you who have moved away by standing still.

Give me one friend, just one, who meets the needs of all my varying moods.

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

I say get an education. Become an electrician, a mechanic, a doctor, a lawyer — anything but a fighter. In this trade, it's the managers that make the money and last the longest.

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.

To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you're not, pretend you are.

Statement after losing his first fight to Ken Norton, March 31, 1973: I never thought of losing, but now that it's happened, the only thing is to do it right. That's my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life.

If my fans think I can do everything I say I can do, then they're crazier than I am. After one of his fight predictions turned out to be wrong.

God gave me this illness to remind me that I'm not number One; he is.

Pleasure is not happiness. It has no more importance than a shadow following a man.

I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy.

Float like a butterfly.
Sting like a bee.
Your hands can't hit what your eyes can't see

Don't count the days, make the days count.

There are more pleasant things to do than beat up people.

Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.

The service you do for others is the rent you pay for the time you spend on earth.

Superman don't need no seat belt. [Comment to flight attendant, who replied, 'Superman don't need no airplane, either.']

I'll beat him so bad he'll need a shoehorn to put his hat on.

If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.

I'm the best. I just haven't played yet [on his golf game].

Fifteen referees. I want fifteen referees to be at this fight because there ain't no one man who can keep up with the pace I'm gonna set except me. There's not a man alive who can whup me. I'm too fast. I'm too smart. I'm too pretty. I should be a postage stamp. That's the only way I'll ever get licked.

An omniscient god could hardly be surprised by his creations' idiosyncrasies as he would presumably have seen them coming.

The owners of the vomit-inducing 'theinterviewwithgod' web site clearly take a similar view of their clients, disguising their hard-nosed business with the sugar of sentimental nonsense sprinkled liberally over the cereal of false concern for others. A calculated cynical ploy that nearly always works, unlike that awful simile.

Here we can see this idea encapsulated perfectly in pictorial form.

mwceo.jpg

He is of course the founder. One imagines a single handshake could provide enough oil to heat chump's mansion for a week.

"Our mission is to make a positive contribution to the well-being of our world, and to be a major and measurable force for good on the World Wide Web, by creating experiences of inspiration that warm the heart and touch the soul."

Nothing to do with selling their range of "inspiring gifts" or investment opportunities then. Of course not. "Our shareholders enjoy the opportunity to help bless the lives of millions of people world wide, and also receive a nice return on their investment upon exit". LOL ... the power of compound ignorance. I only wish CarKeyBoi was here to give his opinion.

Ah, it's the quote thread, sorry:

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Good ole Douglas Adams

Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I shall give you rest.”

(Matt. 11:28

In the midst of great joy ,do not promise anyone anything. In the midst of great anger, do not answer anyone's letter.

-Chinese proverb.

"Greatness is not never falling, but rising every time you fall." Confucius

Love this one, it is just so applicable to trading, learn to take a loss as you'll make many of them in our game. It's just so good for life in general, i'm a big believer in this saying.....

Cheers,

Charlie

Saying it like it is

Some of my favorites from despair.com

Blame - The secret to success is knowing who to blame for your failures.
Consulting - If you're not a part of the solution,there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem.
DaretoSlack - When birds fly in the right formation, they need only exert half the effort. Even in nature, teamwork results in collective laziness.
Defeat - For every winner, there are dozens of losers. Odds are you're one of them.
Demotivation - Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Dreams - Dreams are like rainbows. Only idiots chase them.
Dysfunction - The only consistent feature in all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.
Elitism - It's lonely at the top, but it's comforting to look down upon everyone at the bottom.
Fear - Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore, you will not know the terror of being forever lost at sea.
Futility - You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take, and, statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do.
Idiocy - Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Ignorance - It's amazing how much easier it is for a team to work together when no one has any idea where they're going.
Incompetence - When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do.
Indifference - It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.
Individuality - Always remember that you are unique. Just like everybody else.
Ineptitude - If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.
Inspiration - Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99% perspiration, which is why engineers sometimes smell really bad.
Irresponsibility - No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood.
Losing - If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Mediocrity - It takes a lot less time and most people won't notice the difference until it's too late.
Mistakes - It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Overconfidence - Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.
Pressure - It can turn a lump of coal into a flawless diamond, or an average person into a perfect basketcase.
Procrastination - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.
Risks - If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.
Stupidity - Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots
Teamwork - A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.
Underachievement - The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Worth - Just because you're necessary doesn't mean you're important.

I have NEVER had sexual relations with that woman

( Bill Clinton about Monica Lewenski )

( loads of ability but short on integrity )

In August of 1972, President Nixon told reporters, "no one in the White House staff, no one in this administration, presently employed, was involved in this very bizarre incident."

Richard Nixon

( known as tricky Dickie )

( very capable but you guessed it - short on integrity )

i remember an episode of have i got news for you where they were showing donald rumsfeld's speech, you know the 'things we don't know that we don't know' one. After the clip someone said 'and thats the guy with his finger on the button' which was quickly followed by 'but does he know?' by the presenter.

That cracked me up for about an hour when i saw it :D

“From now the pound abroad is worth 14 per cent or so less in terms of other currencies. It does not mean, of course, that the pound here in Britain, in your pocket or purse or in your bank, has been devalued.”

Harold Wilson 1967

Contracting Definitions

Sub-Contractor..........a gambler who never gets to cut shuffle or deal

Tender Submission.....a poker game in which the losing hand wins

Tender Sum.............a wild guess carried out to Two decimal places

Successful Tenderer....a contractor who is wondering what he left out

Architect's Estimate....the cost of construction in heaven

Management Contract..the technique for losing your shirt under perfect control

Completion Date........the point at which liquidated damages begin

Liquidated Damages...a penalty for failing to achieve the impossible

Quantity Surveyors.....people who go in after the war is lost and bayonet the wounded

Lawyers..................people who go in after the quantity surveyors and strip the bodies

“From now the pound abroad is worth 14 per cent or so less in terms of other currencies. It does not mean, of course, that the pound here in Britain, in your pocket or purse or in your bank, has been devalued.”

Harold Wilson 1967

Offtopic, but what a lying ***************************

Yeah, just let us buy some dollars before you devalue, and then buy some pounds after please. Or some gold. Or some DM. Ass. People like that make me sick.

Sorry, offtopic. I'll be back to delete this later perhaps.

i remember an episode of have i got news for you where they were showing donald rumsfeld's speech, you know the 'things we don't know that we don't know' one. After the clip someone said 'and thats the guy with his finger on the button' which was quickly followed by 'but does he know?' by the presenter.

That cracked me up for about an hour when i saw it :D

The Unknown
As we know,
There are known knowns.
There are things we know we know.
We also know
There are known unknowns.
That is to say
We know there are some things
We do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns,
The ones we don't know
We don't know.

—Feb. 12, 2002, Department of Defense news briefing

Glass Box
You know, it's the old glass box at the—
At the gas station,
Where you're using those little things
Trying to pick up the prize,
And you can't find it.
It's—

And it's all these arms are going down in there,
And so you keep dropping it
And picking it up again and moving it,
But—

Some of you are probably too young to remember those—
Those glass boxes,
But—

But they used to have them
At all the gas stations
When I was a kid.

—Dec. 6, 2001, Department of Defense news briefing

A Confession
Once in a while,
I'm standing here, doing something.
And I think,
"What in the world am I doing here?"
It's a big surprise.

—May 16, 2001, interview with the New York Times

Happenings
You're going to be told lots of things.
You get told things every day that don't happen.

It doesn't seem to bother people, they don't—
It's printed in the press.
The world thinks all these things happen.
They never happened.

Everyone's so eager to get the story
Before in fact the story's there
That the world is constantly being fed
Things that haven't happened.

All I can tell you is,
It hasn't happened.
It's going to happen.

—Feb. 28, 2003, Department of Defense briefing

The Digital Revolution
Oh my goodness gracious,
What you can buy off the Internet
In terms of overhead photography!

A trained ape can know an awful lot
Of what is going on in this world,
Just by punching on his mouse
For a relatively modest cost!

—June 9, 2001, following European trip

The Situation
Things will not be necessarily continuous.
The fact that they are something other than perfectly continuous
Ought not to be characterized as a pause.
There will be some things that people will see.
There will be some things that people won't see.
And life goes on.

—Oct. 12, 2001, Department of Defense news briefing

Clarity
I think what you'll find,
I think what you'll find is,
Whatever it is we do substantively,
There will be near-perfect clarity
As to what it is.

And it will be known,
And it will be known to the Congress,
And it will be known to you,
Probably before we decide it,
But it will be known.

—Feb. 28, 2003, Department of Defense briefing

"How do we create so many morons...."

Chump 2007 (after crawling through 20 miles of backlog on the M5 caused by nothing more than rubbernecking by drivers who found a little flood water rivetting ...for christs sake get a brain before mine busts from sheer frustration)

"How do we create so many morons...."

Chump 2007 (after crawling through 20 miles of backlog on the M5 caused by nothing more than rubbernecking by drivers who found a little flood water rivetting ...for christs sake get a brain before mine busts from sheer frustration)

I always wondered what happens to worms when the ground floods? :rolleyes:

You don't seem to see them coming up for air or just floating around do you?

I wonder if their burrows have been flooded too? :cry:

"You don't seem to see them coming up for air or just floating around do you? "..they were driving the cars in front of mine !:devilish:

"mate, my wife tells my I'm ekking lazy....but im not. you see, i just hate having to work"

one bumb tells the other, outside of a mexico city pub :LOL:

I heard it while waiting for my car from the valet

"You don't seem to see them coming up for air or just floating around do you? "..they were driving the cars in front of mine !:devilish:

You mean worms were trying to get away from the floods driving their cars in front of yours? :cheesy: