Favourite Song Ever

JTrader

If you had to name ONE song, as your all time favourite song, what would it be?

Difficult question I know, but then practise at making important decisions is a valuable life skill ;).

Cheers.

EDIT: Please name the artist also :).

Last edited:
Silence by Nature.

Any song created of man - even my most favorite ones - would eventual lose all attraction if that's all I could play.

Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones.

There are several others that i could have named, but i can live comfortably with the consequences of naming this one as my favourite song!

Last edited:
problem is, all my fave bands / artists have out out a ton of tracks that I like - thats why they're my favourites. Makes it harder to choose. I'm like the guy in high fidelity - cares so much about his music he's paralysed by that simple question.

GJ

Yes i could also have named several different songs, be it other Rolling Stones songs, U2etc. or other artists etc.
When it comes down to it, they are all favourite songs, equally my favourites. Therefore naming one of them, is showing one of my favourite songs, despite the fact that there are others which i like just as much.

I thought this thread would probably sink like a lead balloon though. As being asked to reveal something personal to themselves like a favourite song, in public, wouldn't sit easily with a lot of people. Fear of ridicule etc. ;):).

I like all sorts of music and enjoy many pretty different styles, depending on mood I'll listen to anything from older stuff like ABBA over AC/DC, the Beatles, Beach Boys, Elvis, the Rolling Stones to Led Zeppelin, but I also listen to whatever current bands are being played on the radio these days, but if I were to be exiled to an island and allowed only a single song to accompany me, it'd be this:

The heavenly Luciano Pavarotti, performing Schuberts Ave Maria:

YouTube - Pavarotti - Ave Maria - Schubert

Thank you for the music.

Not sure I could get to one song alone but if I had to throw out all my albums bar one (compilations excluded), it would be a toss up between;

Master of Puppets - Metallica
Check your Head - Beastie boys
Small Change - Tom Waits

Can't go more minimal than that!

Last edited:
Hi,
My favourite song is "Don't believe a word" by Thin Lizzy.
It's approx. 2min18secs long, and not a second is wasted!!!.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Absolutely no question..."Going Underground", by The Jam. Yes, it's British Pop/Punk, and I'm American. But what can I say, the Jam ruled.

Patrice Rushen - Forget me nots (it's the bass)
Taste of Honey - Boogie oogie oogie (the bass gain)
Kasenetz Katz - Quick Joey Small
Lou Reed - Kicks
Pete Shelley - Homo Sapien.

Grant.

problem is, all my fave bands / artists have out out a ton of tracks that I like - thats why they're my favourites. Makes it harder to choose. I'm like the guy in high fidelity - cares so much about his music he's paralysed by that simple question.

GJ

Quite right too (y). Why limit self to one song :confused:. Lets open it up a bit -

Here's my top 25 - ish - sort of....from those that spring to mind anyway.....

U2 - One, With Or Without You, Ultra-Violet, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Miracle Drug.

The Rolling Stones - Wild Horses, Under My Thumb, Sympathy For The Devil, Brown Sugar.

Queen - Show Must Go On, It's A Kind Of Magic, Bohemian Rhapsody.

Oasis - Live Forever.

The Corrs - When The Stars Go Blue, Summer Wine.

Bob Dylan/Jimi Hendrix/U2 - All Along The Watch Tower.

The Beatles - Let it be, The Long & Winding Road, Help, Yesterday,

Foo Fighters - The Best Of You, Everlong.

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms, Sultans Of Swing.

UnderWorld - Born Slippy.

Last edited:
Markus,

Chiquitita - harmonies, but the piano more so, especially on the fade out
Money, money, money - brilliant bass
One of us - harmonies (really touches the heart).

Grant.

Zup,

You may know The Unwanted track, Freedom (from Live at the Roxy). Brilliant.

Grant.

Soundtrack to my trading day.......

I love these sort of things, like Gammer i think i could like the guy in hi fidelity!

1 I put a spell on you - Marylin Manson version (from lost highway soundtrack)
2 King of Snake - Underworld
3 Finished Symphony - Hybrid
4 O fortuna - Carl Orff
5 come Alive - Nitzer Ebb
6 Wonderwall - Ryan Adams (oasis Cover)
7 The Day The world Went Away (accoustic live) - Nine Inch Nails
8 Scary Monsters - David Bowie
9 The Sun Rising - The Beloved
10 Let Me Go - Heaven 17
11 Mama - Genesis
12 Equality - Howard Jones
13 Shout - Tears For Fears
14 California soul - Marlene shaw
15 Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
16 Singapore - Tom Waits
17 New Born - Muse
18 Sugar High - Fraser Chorus
19 Kashmere - Led Zepplin
20 Kingdom Of Rain - The The
21 Sunshine Of Your Love - Cream
22 Gorecki - Lamb
23 Feeling Good - Nina Simone
24 Never Let Me Down Again - Depeche Mode
25 My Mermaid - Tricky

Music can have a very strong influence on my mood, especially the things i like. This is pretty much what i'm listening to on the train to the office at the mo.