Your favourite quote.

Divide and conquer.
is the translation of the Latin proverb Divide et impera (literally, "divide and rule"), brought into popular modern use by the Italian poet Ludovico Ariosto (1474-1533).

"Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all!
By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall!"
~ John Dickinson (1732–1808), U.S. statesman, essayist. Boston Gazette (July 18, 1768)

If a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
~ the Bible, Mark iii. 25.

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.'
Guy Fawkes, 6 Nov 1605 (After being caught trying to blow up the houses of parliament and kill James I.)

"Felix, qui propriis aevum transegit in arvis"

Tr: Happy is the man who has passed his life in his own field.

The Roman poet Claudian (c370-405)

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/bruce_lee/

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

“Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.”

“As you think, so shall you become.”

I am learning to understand rather than immediately judge or to be judged. I cannot blindly follow the crowd and accept their approach. I will not allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation. Fortunately for me, my self-knowledge has transcended that and I have come to understand that life is best to be lived and not to be conceptualized. I am happy because I am growing daily and I am honestly not knowing where the limit lies. To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery. I treasure the memory of the past misfortunes. It has added more to my bank of fortitude.”

“If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you”

“Simplicity is the key to brilliance”

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.”

“Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not you go out and look for a successfull personality an duplicate it.”

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”

“A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”

“A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.”

“When there is freedom from mechanical conditioning, there is simplicity. The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow - you are not understanding yourself.”

“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.”

“If you want to learn to swim jump into the water. On dry land no frame of mind is ever going to help you”

“To me, the extraordinary aspect of martial arts lies in its simplicity. The easy way is also the right way, and martial arts is nothing at all special; the closer to the true way of martial arts, the less wastage of expression there is.”

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/bruce_lee/

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

“Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.”

“As you think, so shall you become.”

I am learning to understand rather than immediately judge or to be judged. I cannot blindly follow the crowd and accept their approach. I will not allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation. Fortunately for me, my self-knowledge has transcended that and I have come to understand that life is best to be lived and not to be conceptualized. I am happy because I am growing daily and I am honestly not knowing where the limit lies. To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery. I treasure the memory of the past misfortunes. It has added more to my bank of fortitude.”

“If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you”

“Simplicity is the key to brilliance”

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.”

“Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not you go out and look for a successfull personality an duplicate it.”

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”

“A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”

“A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.”

“When there is freedom from mechanical conditioning, there is simplicity. The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow - you are not understanding yourself.”

“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.”

“If you want to learn to swim jump into the water. On dry land no frame of mind is ever going to help you”

“To me, the extraordinary aspect of martial arts lies in its simplicity. The easy way is also the right way, and martial arts is nothing at all special; the closer to the true way of martial arts, the less wastage of expression there is.”

Excellent stuff but I think this is more Confucious to me... His teacher. :rolleyes:

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" F Scott Fitzgerald

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" F Scott Fitzgerald

Interesting comment fibonelli, but isn't this signs of Schitzo. Incoherent thought or rather the ability to converse with your self coming from two opposed minds at the same time.

Somebody else said to me that madness and supreme intelligence were the same thing. :rolleyes:

Interesting comment fibonelli, but isn't this signs of Schitzo. Incoherent thought or rather the ability to converse with your self coming from two opposed minds at the same time.

Somebody else said to me that madness and supreme intelligence were the same thing. :rolleyes:

Hi Atilla,

An example is of a trader holding a long position which either meets their target or hits their stop. The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to reverse their position and go short. Simple really!

Fibonelli

Hi Atilla,

An example is of a trader holding a long position which either meets their target or hits their stop. The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to reverse their position and go short. Simple really!

Fibonelli

I've tried that many a times and got my ass whipped. Funnily enough, Friday and the Dow comes to mind. :LOL: Still have the red cane marks. :eek:

problem of Schitzo is at times it can become a word of similar sound and its called Chorizo :LOL: (spanish sausage)

so at times becareful with a stop and reverse ;)

j

"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issue from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would come his way." -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Compound interest is the most powerful force in the universe."

Einstein

the above applied to other people's resources dumped in my account....

Chump

lol.....that could be a really good definition of a successful speculator

Last edited:
Bits of "If" which could be appropriate to trading

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

By Rudyard Kipling (sorry for not quoting the whole poem)

Charlton