Your favourite quote.

bizmanny

Established member
Your favourite quotes.

Hi guys,

What is your favourite quote about trading/investing/business/life in general. If your have got one please share with us.

Last edited:
"It is better to be out of the market wishing you were in than in the market wishing you were out"

"don't be a pr*ck for a tick"

"You gotta be in it to win it"

"Markets influence the events they attempt to anticipate"

"The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent"

"At all levels of play the secret of success lies not so much in playing well as in not playing badly."

Off topic but putting it somewhat in perspective

The point is ladies and gentlemen that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of it’s forms - greed for life, for money, knowledge - has marked the upward surge of mankind and greed - you mark my words - will not only save Teldar Paper but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA. Thank you. -Gordon Gekko.

“For entrepreneurs, ignorance is not bliss. It’s fatal. It’s costly. And it’s for losers. You either get organized, or get crushed.” - Donald J. Trump

Last edited:
Without discipline, you really have no method in the first place. -Bob Prechter

I am far more interested in avoiding risk than I am in capturing every opportunity. My philosophy says that loss of opportunity is preferable to loss of capital. -Joseph DiNapoli

If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging. - Will Rogers

Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Do what you can, with what you have ,where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

The problem is not the problem. The problem is one's attitude about the problem.

Lessons unlearned are included when history repeats itself. - Mike Hendrickson

Do, or do not. There is no 'try"

I don't regret the things I've done, but those I did not do.

When a defining moment comes along, you can do one of two things. Define the moment, or let the moment define you.

One who makes no mistakes makes nothing.

Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new beginning.

From Jack Schwager:

"There is no one true path........there are hundreds of profitable trading systems, but they are all very difficult to find"

Thanks

Damian

Hi GammaJammer, damianoakley, theEdge thanks for sharing yours.

Here are few more

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself." ~ Harvey Fierstein

Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

Tell a lie loud enough and long enough and people will believe it. - Adolph Hitler

Businesses may come and go, but religion will last forever, for in no other endeavor does the consumer blame himself for product failure. ~Harvard Lamphoon,

Chance favours only the prepared mind

The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it - W. M. Lewis

It is in the digging that life is lived. And it is the joy in the journey, in the end, that truly matters

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant. (Robert Louis Steven

How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives. (Annie Dillard)

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. (Mark Twain)

I'm not here to live up your expectations neither are you here to live up to mine (Peter Tosh)

Silence is argument carried out by other means (Che Guevara)

Tell a lie loud enough and long enough and people will believe it. - Adolph Hitler

Think this and the following are so very relevant today.

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over”
Joseph Goebbels

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”
Adolf Hitler

" Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official..."
Theodore Roosevelt

"The worst crimes were dared by a few, willed by more and tolerated by all."
Tacitus

"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
Noam Chomsky

"If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster." Uncle Harry

"I told you I was feeling unwell." Epitaph - Spike Milligan

"There is no man who does not like the smell of his own farts." Norwegian proverb.

Yes TWI they are very relevant in our time. Especially at the times where media is own by handful of people and are very powerful and almost none of them is truly independent. Your signature has got good message behind it as well. "I refuse to tiptoe quietly through life
only to arrive safely at death"

Rols the your 3rd quote :LOL: tell us most all of us biased. :cheesy:

Carpe per diem - seize the check. -Robin Williams.

Money is always there but the pockets change. -Gertrude Stein

Not everything that counts can be counted....
not everything that can be counted, counts.

(A sign hanging in A. Einstien's office in Princeton University)

"It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the votes."

Hoggums, SOCRATES and TWI those are wise words.

Couple moreCarpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary. -Dead poety society.

Fortune favors the brave. -Publius Terence

Last edited:
"Never fear the event".

(Referring to the disabling and paralysing effect fear can have in anticipation of an event)

Admiral Lord Nelson.

nice one SOCRATES, Fear is very important part of our emotions. basically fear tells us to be more careful and do all due dilligence required after that we should go ahead and do what we have to do.

Couple more;

We are still masters of our fate.We are still captains of our souls. -Winston Churchill

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. -Aristotle