Your favourite quote.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
Helen Keller

Successful traders always follow the line of least resistance. Follow the trend. The trend is your friend.

A prudent speculator never argues with the tape. Markets are never wrong--opinions often are.- Jesse Livermore

Few people succeed in the market because they have no patience. They have a strong desire to get rich quickly.-Jesse Livermore.

The big money is made by the sittin' and the waitin'--not the thinking. Wait until all the factors are in your favor before making the trade. - Jesse Livermore

All through time, people have basically acted and reacted the same way in the market as a result of: greed, fear, ignorance, and hope. That is why the numerical (technical) formations and patterns recur on a constant basis - Jesse Livermore

"Stock market technique is not an exact science. Stock prices are made by the minds of human. Mechanical trading methods or mathematical formulas cannot compete with good human market judgment. - Richard Wyckoff

Profits can be made safely only when the opportunity is available and not just because they happen to be desired or needed. ...Willingness and ability to hold funds uninvested while awaiting real opportunities is a key to success in the battle for investment survival.- Gerald Loeb

It is not whether you are right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong.- Stanley Druckenmiller

Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. -William James

A chain is no stronger than its weakest link, and life is after all a chain. -William James

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
William James

The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it. -George Bernard Shaw

He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw

The financial markets generally are unpredictable. So that one has to have different scenarios.. The idea that you can actually predict what's going to happen contradicts my way of looking at the market.-George Soros.

Follow your own particular dreams. We are handed a life by peers, parents and society, you can do that or follow your own dreams. Life is short, be a dreamer but be a practical person.
-Hugh Hefner

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."

Winston Churchill

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."
Harriet Beecher Stowe 1811 - 1896

Joules MM1, Gammajammer,laptops1, Excellent quotes, All members are welcome to share their favourite quotes.

Human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind. -William James

Last edited:
The insolence of the herd is in direct proportion to their individual and collective ignorance ~
they are apt to treat everything with contempt that they cannot or will not understand. (mine)

Whereas exceptionally high levels of intelligence are rare and low levels of intelligence are commonplace,
Common Sense.....itself....is not that common (mine)

The opportunity of a lifetime must be seized during the lifetime of the opportunity. -Leonard Ravenhill

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty. (Frank Herbert)

Not being able to govern events, I govern myself. (Montaigne)

To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence. (Nietzsche) lol

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads. (Jong)

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. (Sanders Law)

Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity. They seem more afraid of life than death. (Byrnes)

We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Arabia. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here. (Dawkins)

"There are 9,000 hedge funds out there. There aren't that many smart people in the world."