Your favourite quote.

A mind troubled by doubt cannot focus on the course to victory.

Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha

Whenever I hear, 'It can't be done,' I know I'm close to success.

Michael Flatley, (Lord of the Dance)

I had a friend who died
For something he really loved
I had a friend who stood
For none of the above
I had a friend whose experience
Was riddled with scars
Who got drunk one night
In the trunk of louie p.'s car
I had a friend who'd love to scare you
As was his affections
And tremble you did
'cause you weren't worthy of his friendship
I had a friend whose heart was too heavy to hold
Yes there's blood on the median
Like a boat without oars

"I spent most of my money on booze, birds and fast cars... The rest i just squandered..."

George Best

"I spent most of my money on booze, birds and fast cars... The rest i just squandered..."

George Best

That one IS good - I've got it up on my office wall here, together with a Tommy Cooper one:

I'M ON A WHISKY DIET - I'VE LOST THREE DAYS ALREADY !! :LOL:

Pigs.

From Winston Churchill:

I like pigs. Cats look down on you, dogs look up to you, and pigs ? They treat us as equals....

Time To Learn

A young but earnest Zen student approached his teacher, and asked the Zen Master:
"If I work very hard and diligent how long will it take for me to find Zen."
The Master thought about this, then replied, "Ten years."
The student then said, "But what if I work very, very hard and really apply myself to learn fast -- How long then ?"
Replied the Master, "Well, twenty years."
"But, if I really, really work at it. How long then ?" asked the student.
"Thirty years," replied the Master.
"But, I do not understand," said the disappointed student. "At each time that I say I will work harder, you say it will take me longer. Why do you say that ?"
Replied the Master," When you have one eye on the goal, you only have one eye on the path."

Here is the prime condition of success: Concentrate your energy, thought and capital exclusively upon the business in which you are engaged. Having begun on one line, resolve to fight it out on that line, to lead in it, adopt every improvement, have the best machinery, and know the most about it.

Andrew Carnegie

Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it.

Lord Acton

A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.

John Burroughs

Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it."
-Henry David Thoreau

I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that don’t work."

-Thomas Alva Edison

"What matters is the character of the financial structure which banking creates – and the fact that, in the very nature of the system, banks will flood the economy with money substitutes during booms and precipitate futile efforts at general liquidation afterward."

Henry Simons

“.......With these advances in technology, lenders have taken advantage of credit-scoring models and other techniques for efficiently extending credit to a broader spectrum of consumers. . . . As we reflect on the evolution of consumer credit in the United States, we must conclude that innovation and structural change in the financial services industry have been critical in providing expanded access to credit for the vast majority of consumers, including those of limited means. . . . This fact underscores the importance of our roles as policymakers, researchers, bankers and consumer advocates in fostering constructive innovation that is both responsive to market demand and beneficial to consumers.” Alan Greenspan 8 April 2005

(aka ex-Chief Funny Money Tulip Bubble Blower!)

“.......With these advances in technology, lenders have taken advantage of credit-scoring models and other techniques for efficiently extending credit to a broader spectrum of consumers. . . . As we reflect on the evolution of consumer credit in the United States, we must conclude that innovation and structural change in the financial services industry have been critical in providing expanded access to credit for the vast majority of consumers, including those of limited means. . . . This fact underscores the importance of our roles as policymakers, researchers, bankers and consumer advocates in fostering constructive innovation that is both responsive to market demand and beneficial to consumers.” Alan Greenspan 8 April 2005

(aka ex-Chief Funny Money Tulip Bubble Blower!)

Well that explains the investment that has gone into the pogo stick to help the little guy see eye to eye with the big guy. Constructive innovation has my vote... :cheesy:

"Damned midget bit him in the knee."...then we can assume the midget had no homosexual tendencies and the guy was lucky ;)