Your favourite quote.

from my regular fix from the gorgeous Kathy Lien from bktrader.com email.

"Mark Cook, one of the traders from Stock
Market Wizards used to say that buying option
contracts was like holding ice cubes in you
hand. The longer you held them, the faster
they melted
. I always thought that was a
great analogy for trading."

In the end, that's what this election is about. Do we participate in a politics of cynicism or a politics of hope? - Barack Obama

Where the stakes are the highest, in the war on terror, we cannot possibly succeed without extraordinary international cooperation. Effective international police actions require the highest degree of intelligence sharing, planning and collaborative enforcement. - Barack Obama

We're not going to baby sit a civil war. - Barack Obama

Our thoughts and imaginations are the only real limits to our possibilities. - Ralph Waldo

Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can't buy what is popular and do well. - Warren Buffett

In the end, that's what this election is about. Do we participate in a politics of cynicism or a politics of hope? - Barack Obama

Where the stakes are the highest, in the war on terror, we cannot possibly succeed without extraordinary international cooperation. Effective international police actions require the highest degree of intelligence sharing, planning and collaborative enforcement. - Barack Obama

We're not going to baby sit a civil war. - Barack Obama

Barack Obama and Colonel Powell for the White House has my vote...

Are we talking abaout Civil war in the US already? Wow...:cheesy:

yep Obama, Ron Paul and Edward seems to be more honest. Neither seems hto have any real chance to win at this moment in time.

I know that human being and fish can co-exist peacefully.

George W Bush.

White man speaks with fork tongue...

Human beings eat fish all the time and if some big fish are lucky they get to have a leg or arm once in a while. :LOL:

Not only that - some vegetarians don't eat meat but will make an exception for fish. :cheesy:

1God%20watching.gif

Bella Wilfer says it best...

"...think how terrible the fascination of money is! I see this, and hate this, and dread this, and don't know but that money might make a much worse change in me. And yet I have money always in my thoughts and my desires; and the whole life I place before myself is money, money, money, and what money can make of life!" (Our Mutual Friend, Book III, Ch IV)

(from Fooled by Randomness by N. Taleb; the overview was that people have a skewed way of viewing probability and risk/reward; ie, they find it easier to take small rewards often, and get hit with outlier big losses, rather than take small losses, waiting for the winning big win)

"..Premium sellers sell options, and generally make steady money. Premium buyers do the reverse. Option sellers, it is said, eat like chickens and go to the bathroom like elephants."

from: http://www.emofree.com/Inspiration/time-to-learn.htm

Time to Learn

A young but earnest Zen student approached his teacher, and asked the Zen Master:

"If I work very hard and diligent how long will it take for me to find Zen."

The Master thought about this, then replied, "Ten years."

The student then said, "But what if I work very, very hard and really apply myself to learn fast -- How long then?"

Replied the Master, "Well, twenty years."

"But, if I really, really work at it. How long then?" asked the student.

"Thirty years," replied the Master.

"But, I do not understand," said the disappointed student. "At each time that I say I will work harder, you say it will take me longer. Why do you say that?"

Replied the Master," When you have one eye on the goal, you only have one eye on the path."

Author Unknown, Source Unknown

this struck a chord with me when traders ask about profit targets and the like. the distinction between "how much can I make" goal as opposed to "how well can I learn to trade" path.

I like thinking of possibilities. At any time, an entirely new possibility is liable to come along and spin you off in an entirely new direction. The trick, I've learned, is to be awake to the moment. — Doug Hall

heres a couple for the pot.

"It is better to have a good plan today, rather than a perfect plan tomorrow" dunno who said it :)

and

"The key to survival is knowledge." that bloke Ray Mears ,survival guru. .

heres a couple for the pot.

"It is better to have a good plan today, rather than a perfect plan tomorrow" dunno who said it :)

and

"The key to survival is knowledge." that bloke Ray Mears ,survival guru. .

excellent CB,

I must say that you missed one there ;)

"With knowledge and experience, survival is almost paperwork" ME :cheesy: