Xmas drink meet up

As I said a few posts back Im happy to look into venues for us as Im a Brumster. 6 say yes on the survey, Im presuming youre in also Goldfinger so thats 7? I dont think we're talking function room numbers here so what are people thinking? Drinks in a pub/bar, maybe get some food later in the eve? As a suggestion, if someone is stopping in a city centre hotel we could all meet there, just to make sure we find each other then head off out....

I'm hoping to go. I live in Southampton so it's a bit of a trek for me. So I'm looking into costs and timings. So officially I'm a maybe at the moment.

Hopefully we'll get some more interest in the next few days. From a forum of over 250 members it would be nice to have at least 10 people in order to make it worthwhile for everybody!

I'm hoping to go. I live in Southampton so it's a bit of a trek for me. So I'm looking into costs and timings. So officially I'm a maybe at the moment.

Hopefully we'll get some more interest in the next few days. From a forum of over 250 members it would be nice to have at least 10 people in order to make it worthwhile for everybody!

I live near Blandford, so perhaps we could share the costs by driving in one car.
G

good morning goldfinger777 - i'm getting the train from reading. i think you'll come through reading, if so, let's get on the same train 14:41.
anyway, i'm off to work now - q

I'm still a maybe. I'm supposed to be visiting uk then but might be busy on that date. Will post as soon as I know for sure.

OK, Holiday Inn City Centre Birmingham booked from the link above via booking.com

Will be there between about 4 and 5.

See you all at the bar!

Marcus

OK, Holiday Inn City Centre Birmingham booked from the link above via booking.com

Will be there between about 4 and 5.

See you all at the bar!

Marcus

Great stuff Marcus.... so myself, Marcus and quinny definitely in now...anyone else?

Had put myself down as a maybe, but is wife's birthday the next day and she insists family to go away for the weekend together. Next time.

Yes sadly I can't make it either as that is my Wedding aniversary weekend and the wife is still too unwell to be left with the kiddy for an night without it being an emergency. Summer one should be no probs though as the mum in law is over for the summer from South Africa.

M

I happen to be in the area so I'll be there - but maybe a good idea for people to suggest Summer dates in London area now given the general comments and need to plan ahead for more people to be available.

Any more coming to Brum for some food, drinks and general geek chat?

PM to swap numbers if you are, we're meeting at The Holiday Inn (central) about 5pm, then table booked for food at 7pm at Poppey Red.

I'm flying from Jersey if anyone has duty-free requests...