Xmas drink meet up

quinny

137 0
I live in readin which is only half hour from city - it would great to meet up there for me. However, I think the logic was to move it out of the CITY.
Quinny

Rugby Trader

Established member
951 12
that's the logic for the Birmingham meet up, doesn't mean that they are all now going to take place outside of London. We can organise another one for May or June in the city.

quinny

137 0
Would people rather go to London on the 4th of March, or Birmingham?
Personally, if I were going to London I wouldn't need to take the afternoon off work, and I could get the last train home (saves me time and money on hotels etc.). So London would be better for me. Saying that, a decent hotel and a curry in Brum sounds good.
However, could somebody please take the lead and act on this, as it's only 3 weeks away.
Quinny

everydaytrader

278 0
I think if you lot can't decide whether you want to hold it in London
or Brum we should go for Sheffield instead.:cheesy:

surferking

Experienced member
1,089 4
OK, well between 6 an 12 people so far makes it worth the drive for me so I'm confirming. Am away for the weekend tomorrow but will probably book the hotel the end of next week.

quinny

137 0
okay, i've found a city centre hotel and got my train times and fares sorted. what are we gonna do, is somebody gonna put some sort of a schedule together?

i need to know pretty sharpish as the trains and hotel prices go up if i don't book soon.

Q

surferking

Experienced member
1,089 4
I'll be driving from Cardiff airport about 1:30pm to arrive in the city about 4pm if anyone lives thereabouts that route and needs a lift.

BarneyBus

336 0
As I said a few posts back Im happy to look into venues for us as Im a Brumster. 6 say yes on the survey, Im presuming youre in also Goldfinger so thats 7? I dont think we're talking function room numbers here so what are people thinking? Drinks in a pub/bar, maybe get some food later in the eve? As a suggestion, if someone is stopping in a city centre hotel we could all meet there, just to make sure we find each other then head off out....

goldfinger777

Experienced member
1,020 5
I'm hoping to go. I live in Southampton so it's a bit of a trek for me. So I'm looking into costs and timings. So officially I'm a maybe at the moment.

Hopefully we'll get some more interest in the next few days. From a forum of over 250 members it would be nice to have at least 10 people in order to make it worthwhile for everybody!

GRAHAM N

382 0
I'm hoping to go. I live in Southampton so it's a bit of a trek for me. So I'm looking into costs and timings. So officially I'm a maybe at the moment.

Hopefully we'll get some more interest in the next few days. From a forum of over 250 members it would be nice to have at least 10 people in order to make it worthwhile for everybody!
I live near Blandford, so perhaps we could share the costs by driving in one car.
G

quinny

137 0

good morning goldfinger777 - i'm getting the train from reading. i think you'll come through reading, if so, let's get on the same train 14:41.
anyway, i'm off to work now - q