Worldcup !

Never mind the FA and Capello, that is history! At least for 2 weeks, while he's on holiday.

The king is dead. Long live the King.

The new kid on the Barcelona block is David Villa, signed on by Barça for next season.

Weren't they clever!

He cost 40 million Euros. My daughter, whose football knowledge I respect, tells me that he is 29, now, and comes from Valencia FC and is hardly a youngster, but his performance in SA is attracting attention.

Markus, I'm only interested in the level playing field issue here. The game will always need refs and officials. The difference really is that they should embrace new technologies in order that they can make better informed decisions.

Oh don't get me wrong, personally I'm totally in favour of adopting available technology that clearly shows what's what, be that video, a chip in the ball, whatever.

Just saying we shouldn't blame anonymous FIFA that is no more than the sum of it's national constituting parts, so we should all pressure our very own national boards that together get to decide what gets implemented or not.

Difficulty there seems to be tho that there there is no agreement on what is wanted, eg I guess right now a lot of national boards are kinda split in the middle between the conservative "it's always been this way" on the one hand and progressive "let's develop" crowd on the other hand.

Watching a press conference recently of team Germany in South Africa you even had the players split down the middle, with one player saying he was for, and the next saying he was against pulling in technology.

So I guess it's down to the media and the public to figure out what the majority of spectators really want, and then pressure the national boards to push that through.

I guess it's just a social thing between those living more in the past and resisting change vs those open for improvement and innovation kinda thing.

But again, I'm all for technology that unequivocally provides correct assessments of what really and truly happened, particularly in the day and age of big screen reruns that provide a clear, unassailable depiction of the real past for all the spectators to see.

If that clearly clashes with referee decisions that go against what really happened then imo that can't be good for the game in the long run, so that's just another argument for adopting available technology.

Not sure if it is true or not... but would explain a lot!

Courts held a further 2 week gagging order on Steven Gerrard’s private life, turns out he got his wife’s sister pregnant (not a 16 year old)!

This will hit the newspaper in 14 days, the judge held the gagging order to protect FA while they decide on Capello, and the future of English footy.

John terry and the England boys all know about it and JT had an argument with Capello because Gerrard got to keep the captains armband.

The tension in the camp was down to JT and half the team saying Gerrard was a disgrace and the other half of the squad backing Gerrard.

The press conference was related to the tension and JT wanted Gerrard exposed - they hate each other.

This came from JT’s financial advisor…!

The bit in brackets relates to another rumour circulating that Gerrard has been shagging Ronnie Whelan’s daughter, who is 16.

Apparently there have been a number of gagging orders by the FA on England players’ private lives.

Fact or fiction??? :rolleyes:

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough...

Attachments

• 1.bmp
    882.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 2.bmp
    957.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 3.bmp
    644.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 4.bmp
    725.6 KB · Views: 149
  • 8.bmp
    268.3 KB · Views: 153
Lol first time I heard about that, but really and honestly in this day and age if it's two consensual adults having a fling that's really nobodys business but their own.

We'd well and truly still be living on trees if we'd base our selection processes on sexual fidelity lol !!!

sexual_revolution_hid_canada_449705.jpg

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

The tension in the camp was down to JT and half the team saying Gerrard was a disgrace

The whole fricking squad is a disgrace.

Just a pity that they're not as good at kicking a ball as they are at shagging.

What's the problem? The balls are in play, just on the wrong turf. Would it be better if he was penalized for a handball? :LOL:

Peter

In a World Cup shagging contest I reckon the South Americans would win that too
:)

would they let the cameras in that's what I would like to know

Ok seems that as far as tomorrow goes it's clinched !!!

"REUTERS

Psychic Octopus picks Germany to beat Argentina

An octopus with possible psychic powers, who has correctly picked the winner of Germany's four World Cup matches so far, on Tuesday tipped Germany to beat Argentina in their World Cup quarter-final match on Saturday.

Paul, a two-year-old octopus born in England now living in a German aquarium, has a 100-percent winning streak at the World Cup -- and even accurately predicted Serbia would beat Germany in their Group D match-up earlier in the tournament.

The eight-legged octopus, a denizen of Sea Life in the western town of Oberhausen, has turned into a celebrity oracle for getting all four picks right so far -- including last Sunday's elimination round match when Germany beat England.

On Tuesday, Paul once again was given the choice of picking food from two different plastic containers lowered into his tank -- one with an Argentine flag on it and one with a German flag.

The container Paul opens first is seen as his pick. Paul moved cautiously and spent about 45 minutes mulling his decision before eating the food in the box with the German flag -- suggesting a hard-fought win in extra time or even penalties.

Last week Paul ignored the England container and quickly went for the container with the Germany flag -- which was taken as a hint that Germany would win a decisive victory

"It took Paul a really long time to make up his mind today for the Argentina-Germany match," said Sea Life spokeswoman Tanja Munzig. "Even after he opened the Germany container it took him a while to go in and eat the clam."

Munzig said, by contrast, it took Paul only seconds to decide before the England match to go for the Germany container.

"That it took him so long to make up his mind suggests it'll be a very tense match against Argentina that won't be decided until the very end -- maybe not even until penalties," she said.

Munzig also denied any suggestion the containers were rigged. The morsel of food is identical and the containers are lined up in the same order as FIFA. Argentina was on the left side on Tuesday (because the match is Argentina-Germany) whereas England was on the right last week (Germany-England).

"There are no tricks, the food is the same and everything in the two containers is the same except for the flags," she said.

So how does Paul do it?

"That's his secret," she said."

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65S3R120100629

(Short commercial at the beginning)

:D

Sounds like a first class motto and rallying cry Split !!!

Thumbs%20up%20girl.jpg

Ok seems that as far as tomorrow goes it's clinched !!!

"REUTERS

Psychic Octopus picks Germany to beat Argentina

An octopus with possible psychic powers, who has correctly picked the winner of Germany's four World Cup matches so far, on Tuesday tipped Germany to beat Argentina in their World Cup quarter-final match on Saturday.

Clearly a scam. He "picks" the winner with one hand, and seven losers with the others. A well-known confidence trick, also used by some trading scams.

Next!

:LOL:

Haha but no, seriously, it isn't rigged, Paul has always only had two choices available, ie in this round he could either select Germany OR Argentina, and thus far he has always chosen the winner, including when Serbia beat Germany.

Watch the BBC clip here before the England - Germany match:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10420131.stm

A clever octopus or brain washed ?

He obviously knows which side his bread is buttered on !! ( or else ja )

:LOL:

thought you might be comuning with the spirits of The Black Forest or something Markus

thought you might be comuning with the spirits of The Black Forest or something Markus

Not yet but think I better get a move and start, anything that might help and all that what :D

Woooohooooo WELL DONE NETHERLANDS !!!

Been listening to Splits wise advice to best keep it in Europe from now on me thinks !!!

:clap:

image-106471-galleryV9-oijg.jpg

image-106472-galleryV9-uckv.jpg

image-106473-galleryV9-tlwj.jpg

image-106486-galleryV9-mnmx.jpg

image-106512-galleryV9-yfno.jpg

image-106521-galleryV9-hebb.jpg

image-106525-galleryV9-ydno.jpg

brasil6.jpg

7y1bnux7acvfdmkh.D0.hot-football-fan-babes-brazil-07.jpg

Soccer%2Bbabes%2BHolland.jpg

holland-babe.jpg