Worldcup !

Well done neighbours, Netherlands go on to the quarter finals.

image-104578-galleryV9-dexm.jpg

image-104572-galleryV9-fgfr.jpg

image-104581-galleryV9-mtyf.jpg

image-104605-galleryV9-odga.jpg

image-104616-galleryV9-llcn.jpg

image-104617-galleryV9-fqri.jpg

image-104621-galleryV9-pigu.jpg

image-104659-galleryV9-bvyv.jpg

image-104678-galleryV9-ozjp.jpg

image-104671-galleryV9-ukdv.jpg

Congrats Brazil:

image-104742-galleryV9-glbb.jpg

image-104739-galleryV9-olgc.jpg

image-104744-galleryV9-dyfy.jpg

image-104745-galleryV9-bwnm.jpg

image-104746-galleryV9-imvf.jpg

image-104754-galleryV9-eeip.jpg

www.spiegel.de

Spain - Portugal today... you have to watch that now Split methinks :D

And Paraguay - Japan on too.

"We didn't really lose against the Germans - just ran outa time "

:cheesy:

Reactions: BSD
Where the hell are the Dutch and Brazilian chicks? Those are the best (after the Germans of course ;))!!!

Reactions: BSD

Brazil 3.50
Argentina 4.00
Spain 5.50
Germany 7.00
Holland 7.00
Uruguay 15.00
Portugal 23.00
Ghana 29.00
Paraguay 34.00
Japan 101.00

Brazil in 1 whole point - must be hell to be the firm favourites ?

I thought Brazil looked the most complete team in the tournament last night.

Their defence is excellent, they have a number of forwards and midfield players who can score at will, their goalkeeper is possibly the best in the world and they all have that natural samba-like ability to play the ball with ease and comfort.

Doesn't necessarily mean that they will win the tournament but I bet England are glad they avoided what would have been total humiliation and misery by meeting Brazil.

mail

Lol someone sent me this just now, surefire way to win a match.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hmm didn't show up, the idea was like this:

soccer_field_on_a_hill.jpg

But with one goal at the top, one at the bottom, and winning team getting the top goal.

:D

I like the idea of having a cluster of trees just outside the penalty box.

Probably wouldn't help England much, neither would a goal at the top end.

They would still contrive to lose.

Regardless of what we all think of individual players, the absolute pre-requisite for a game of footy would be a level playing field. How in 2010 have we still got a game marred by bum decisions.

The players themselves are nothing but a bunch of cheating *******s. How the fek can Maradonna be classed as a hero...the biggest single cheat in the history of the game. The German goal keeper yesterday knew the ball was over.....did anyone see him running up to the officials protesting that it was a goal ! no of course not. The whole game is a complete farce from start to finish.

I'm rather hoping we will see a raft of crap decisions now all the way to the end of the tourney....then and only then may we see some changes for the best, forced on the football authorities in the interests of the game.

Interesting article related to this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/jun/29/cheating-football-germany-goalkeeper

Cheating occurs in all walks of life and is probably on the increase if anything in this speeded up "dog eat dog" world we live in today.

You will never cure a human being of his natural instinct to cheat in order to advance his cause in the same way that you will never stop the natural human instinct of fighting and going to war to advance a cause.

We just have to live with it unless we want cameras to invade our privacy even more than they already do.

Time to once again adjourn to a deserted island and chill I think and let the world go screw itself.

To be realistic, it's the teams and respective players job to win at any cost, and the referees job to set limits, put down the law, and decide what goes and what doesn't.

That's just the way it is in competition sports at the highest level in all sports all over the world.

And as long as FIFA don't accept technological means like video supervision then it's down to the referees discretion, that's just the way it is at the moment.

And that's another rule, once the referee has decided that's it and that's final.

FIFA rules and referees do not accept trainers let alone players intervening questioning their decisions, in fact it's actually a contravention of FIFA rules for even the referee to correct a decision based on what he sees on the screen after he made a decision, be that wrong or right.

But to be honest, referee miss-decisions over time balance themselves out, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

One want's to change sthg lobby your national football organisations that collectively make up FIFA for change, for technological supervision of goals whatever.

But to date at least a majority of national organisations making up FIFA are against that because they believe it will take away from the suspension of the game, and also because they believe that mis-decisions balance themselves out over time.

Viva Espana, honking car corsos half the night again here from our local community:p

image-105219-galleryV9-ogfz.jpg

image-105210-galleryV9-iyjk.jpg

image-105218-galleryV9-xyev.jpg

image-105220-galleryV9-topw.jpg

image-105221-galleryV9-ekbd.jpg

image-105222-galleryV9-ivgu.jpg

image-105223-galleryV9-pcfx.jpg

spaceball.gif

189289301_03b942b34d.jpg

spaceball.gif

Hmm I had no idea but apparently Portugals Ronaldo is the most expensive footballer in the world at the moment but he didn't exactly deliver did he, irrespective of all the cheering on...

image-105242-galleryV9-tfnc.jpg

image-105255-galleryV9-zqmq.jpg

image-105251-galleryV9-mjvq.jpg

image-105250-galleryV9-jpkp.jpg

image-105243-galleryV9-vgwj.jpg

Didn't harm his chances too much tho apparently.

:LOL:

Brazil 3.25
Spain 4.00
Argentina 4.50
Germany 7.00
Holland 8.00
Uruguay 15.00
Ghana 34.00
Paraguay 41.00

Pretty tight between top 3 !

:whistling

Cheating occurs in all walks of life and is probably on the increase if anything in this speeded up "dog eat dog" world we live in today.

You will never cure a human being of his natural instinct to cheat in order to advance his cause in the same way that you will never stop the natural human instinct of fighting and going to war to advance a cause.

We just have to live with it unless we want cameras to invade our privacy even more than they already do.

Time to once again adjourn to a deserted island and chill I think and let the world go screw itself.

Cameras invading privacy :LOL:...I don't think so...anyone who is rule abiding would have nothing to fear from the cameras. The blatent rule breakers on the other hand would have a torrid time of things. Quite rightly so.

What you describe is a world that is morally bankrupt.
Desert island sounds like a good idea...

Markus, I'm only interested in the level playing field issue here. The game will always need refs and officials. The difference really is that they should embrace new technologies in order that they can make better informed decisions.

The ref in the Spain Portugal match did a good balanced job and was not taken in by Ronaldo and others attempts to influence.....just look at Ronado's face every time he went down.....the boy needs to grow up pronto IMHO.