Worldcup !

Oh, and Markus? I trust you will be posting some German vs Argentina chick pics? :LOL:

You bet :D

Thanks for the congrats btw guys :)

Just saw, we're gonna be playing against the favourite next ??? (Meaning I knew it was gonna be Argentine, I didn't know they were the favourite.)

Oops !!!

Are we entitled to a refund on CRAP-ELLO'S half baked effort ? That's what I want to know

Yeah playing Argentine should be fun, guess the guys will have to take care to not get too cocky now tho, I mean playing against England was taken as an extremely serious challenge by Jogi and his very young team.

They could actually learn something from England there Markus.

The arrogance of the English players is breathtaking when you compare it to their total lack of ball playing ability.

I believe that good ball-playing skills, coupled with fighting spirit and a touch of humility is the way to go.

Germany seem to have those qualities in bucket loads whereas England do not possess any of those characteristics at all.

Oh well I do think a lot is down to luck tho too, eg what would have happened if the referee hadn't made the mistake of not accepting what was clearly a goal for England, would have been all open again then and 50 - 50 I suppose.

Right off to the gym now, crikey, 32 degrees outside !!!

Hi, Markus, thanks for trying to make us feel good but England could not cut it.

There has been a lot wrong with our team from the start of the World Cup. It has been obvious, just by looking at them on the field. They''ll have to sort it out or lose the next cup, and the next, etc..........

In the meantime, it's your moment, so go ahead. You have severe competition from now on. Holland
has Slovenia this afternoon which will be as good as it is going to get for them!

Good Luck.

Hi, Markus, thanks for trying to make us feel good but England could not cut it.

There has been a lot wrong with our team from the start of the World Cup. It has been obvious, just by looking at them on the field. They''ll have to sort it out or lose the next cup, and the next, etc..........

Split, they call this crop of England "players" The Golden Generation and the future looks bleak because the young players coming through are few and far between these days with all the foreign players dominating the English Premier League.

I actually think that our prospects will diminish from here for the forseeable future and that England will become one of the minnows of World football.

Never mind, we've got the Ashes to look forward to !!

Oh well I do think a lot is down to luck tho too, eg what would have happened if the referee hadn't made the mistake of not accepting what was clearly a goal for England, would have been all open again then and 50 - 50 I suppose.

Germany would probably have won 4-2 or even 5-2.

Beat the Ozzies at 1 day cricket tho !!

Foreign players should be limited to 3 per club imo so the home grown talent can have a go. That's assuming the youngsters can still roll outa bed ?

And no foreign managers

England really must stop inventing games like cricket, football and rugby then letting the rest of the world beat us at them:cheesy:

On a mores serious note ( apart from no more useful threads to read apart from "The Live Lounge" and "General Trading Chat") I'm glad England lost since that will be a big wake up call that intimates that throwing money at the mentally challenged will not create world class sportsmen(n)

I'm glad England lost since that will be a big wake up call that intimates that throwing money at the mentally challenged will

You make a fair point about the players being mentally challenged.

Just look at Rooney during the National Anthem.

He never opens his ugly gob.

It can't be because he is a Republican .. he doesn't even know what that means .. he probably thinks Republican is a place to get a beer.

No, it's because the thick basta*rd doesn't even know the words.

Seems to me that successful teams have players who:

1. have ability
2. who utilise that ability in the interests of the team
3. who have a burning desire for the success of the team

So far as the first is concerned there's not much Capello can do about that. I think the ability of too many of the players is over-rated by international comparison.

For the second, it is the manager's job to meld the disparate talents of individuals into a cohesive team unit. Selection (remember in 1966 Alf Ramsay left out Jimmy Greaves - probably the most talented striker around at the time, but one who did not fit in with Alf's version of team cohesion) and tactics. I think Capello has failed here.

Lastly, it's also the manger's job to instill pride in and commitment to the shirt. I think Capello has failed here, too.

Sounds like I blame Capello - well yes and no because he could only work with what he had. If he had asked "Would you die for England (in football terms, of course ;)" where an honest "yes" was pre-requisite of being selected for the squad then I doubt he would have been able to raise a team.

It's the players who failed - they played no better than a bottom half Championship side in relative terms and if they've got half the talent they are cracked up to have then they should have done much better whatever the manager's failings.

jon

What a difference how the US looks at our national team and how they fared versus many other countries. Disappointed, of course because they had a great opportunity to advance further by avoiding the major powerhouses for 2 rounds. But it seems many radio stations, newspapers, and the public think the US team gave a good account of themselves despite losing...They never gave up, never complained, certainly had the most thrills (by digging the most holes for themselves) of any team, and left with their heads high knowing they did their best but they just don't have the talent like the Germans, Brazilians, or Argentenians.

The French team was nothing short of a national disgrace for their on field play and their off field antics. They just quit---completely unacceptable at the national level.

Sorry to any French people here, nothing personal.

Peter

As long as your team tries its best and goes down fighting, then that's all you can ask.

England and France didn't do that did they ?

England really must stop inventing games like cricket, football and rugby then letting the rest of the world beat us at them:cheesy:

On a mores serious note ( apart from no more useful threads to read apart from "The Live Lounge" and "General Trading Chat") I'm glad England lost since that will be a big wake up call that intimates that throwing money at the mentally challenged will not create world class sportsmen(n)

This is so true. I recall that Malcolm McDonald I think was one of the only few players to have a degree at the time.

As long as your team tries its best and goes down fighting, then that's all you can ask.

England and France didn't do that did they ?

Well if Germany win the World Cup - England's loss will not look too bad. They will have been knocked out by the best. Luck of the draw etc...

This poor showing is a concoction of events and decisions that go all the way to the managers door.

I read in the papers that the FA signed Capello up because they were afraid of losing him back to the Italians after Jose Mourinho left. What a farce?

Whilst I acknowledge the players did not rise to the occasion the management and team spirit has a lot to do with it all. Wrong strategy. Ignorant to advice. Freaking know-it-all. Beyond approach. His made a big big mistake.

That Capello is a dictatorial fascist git who goes on which hunts. He can take his discipline and shove it up where the sun don't shine. Football and the World Cup should be enjoyed. Not worshipped. He banned the players from talking whilst watching the Algerian match. I mean what kind of fruit cake talks to mature players like that??? Even primary kids get better treatment than that. He then has the audacity to say he has an open door... :eek:

The FA should get rid of him full stop. Another two years after this fiasco with him in charge - heading up to the European cup seems like torture already.

Regardless of what we all think of individual players, the absolute pre-requisite for a game of footy would be a level playing field. How in 2010 have we still got a game marred by bum decisions.

The players themselves are nothing but a bunch of cheating *******s. How the fek can Maradonna be classed as a hero...the biggest single cheat in the history of the game. The German goal keeper yesterday knew the ball was over.....did anyone see him running up to the officials protesting that it was a goal ! no of course not. The whole game is a complete farce from start to finish.

I'm rather hoping we will see a raft of crap decisions now all the way to the end of the tourney....then and only then may we see some changes for the best, forced on the football authorities in the interests of the game.

It would be naive to think that the German goalkeeper would stick his neck out in those circumstsnces. Football has this traditinn that the referee's decision is final. Nevertheless, I agree with you that a lot of those decisions are questionable.

Football is not a clean game.

I don't think that all this electronic stuff is necessary to get good decisions, do you? Surely, a sensible panel of witnesses looking at video clips should be all that is necessary. As you say, the way it is now is a bloody insult to the spectator, especially the tv spectator, who gets a better re-play, in slow motion if need be.

At present I am more pissed off with the FA's decision to sign a contract with Capello on June 2, when they should have awaited the result of the competion. Capello has them by the short and curlies and I really do resent that. He must think that we are right load of idiots.

As for the players. A disgrace and an embarrassment to all England fans.

Last edited: