US Indices intraday trading - JUNE 2003

Hi ,
If you have nothing planned for the weekend why not visit
simp-37.gif
helens get together on JULY 5th

For real adrenalin trade MUV2 on the Dax and use spreadbets. The 30 to 60 point spread really adds something to the pot which you just can't get on the footsie. Then, just to make sure you are doing it right try it without a chart. Ok, you can have a Dax chart but no MUV2 chart.

Have fun :)

could not agree more....I always squeeze in 4-5 hours work during the weekends....reading old classics like Gartleys work or George Bayer....

But I do like the fact that I can sleep in the weekends, although the little one, who is otherwise impossible to get out of bed on school days, is up before dawn on weekends....now there is a pattern that is hard to trade!!!!!!

On that note, I would like to hear from anyone who has studied Brad Cowans 4 dimensional stock market structure

take it to private though

Sun

JP thanks for the direction to DAX stocks.

Just thinking that this was going to be a boring day with no US to liven it up (usualy trade us futures with IB). Checked out a few Dax stock charts on D4F and was suprised by the small spreads and loads of movement. Off to play now!

Hi Peto

The German stocks can be very volatile. 5% swings in a day are not unusual. I use Fins to trade them (MUV, SAP and Allianz) even though the spread is not as good as D4F I can put in very cautious stakes and let them run in the background whilst I trade the indices. I tend to use the Dax chart and look for overbought or oversold in the Dax and then check the prices on the stocks. I rarely look at the stock charts for intraday trades as they can be very spikey.

MUV is probably my better trader as it has interests in most of the Dax constituents and so follows the Dax quite closely.

Good luck with them - they'll certainly get the adrenalin going :)

Hi JP

Scalped 15 points over an hour on BASF and SAP, watching the DAX closely. MUV not available on D4F, any other suggestions?

Stopped when the spreads suddenly widened alarmingly (from 1 or 2 ticks to over 20!). Might repeat the experience next time Europe looks boring and the us is still asleep

Hi Peto

MUV or MUV2 is Muenchener Rueck - you should be able to trade it on D4F. At one point it had a 70 point spread today. This can be a killer when you are in a trade and looking for the stoploss exit and the spread suddenly opens and takes your exit with it. Having said that, it just as often works in your favour when the bid or the ask gaps up or down so it is swings and roundabouts I suppose.

MUV and SAP where very slow today, as was the Dax - they are usually a lot more energetic. I managed a 30 pointer off MUV and then gave it back expecting the Dax to sell off a bit into the close. Thats trading. Win some and lose some. I have managed 500 plus points off MUV with multiple trades in a couple of hours. Be careful about running positions overnight with these as they can gap significantly either way at the open.

thanks! Info like this saves a lot of time and expensive mistakes

will let you know how I get on....