Trading Seminars

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBB
Again I have to agree with your 12.12 comments.
Although risk and money management are conventionally and traditionally discussed as being two completely separate subjects, my view is also that they are completely integrated with each another. To be a successful trader long term you simply cannot succeed at one without succeeding at the other.

TBS

Thank you for the info

Glenn

I was not aware that my dow bets were not directly on the dow thank you for your explanation.

I have checked back on my post and do not think that I made a judgement on the performance of Signalwatch if you think it was inferred it was not meant to be. The post by sidinuk does tend to put a ? over the Signalwatch performance.

Thank you all for your comments

Regards

bracke

Bear in mind that program trading is only permitted once the Dow has risen or declined by 50 points from the open. If it hasnt then program trading is not permitted. Rule 80 A I think, although I may be wrong on the sepcific number.

Based on this and at this moment in time, no program trading is allowed because the Dow has not gone up or declined by 50 points from the open yet.

Paul

Thanks Paul - You learn something new every day!

Are there other rules for S&P program trading, or does the DJIA rule apply to program trading in all US indicies?

BBB,

I dont actually know about the others, I tend to keep myself up to date with the markets that I trade.

Paul

BBB,

The term RISK is a very loose term..Actually there are more than 100 various risks involved in financial instruments and they are totally different issues but they are all used under the same umbrella..

Money management deals with pos sizing mostly and is a simple concept ..

RIsk management in trading deals with entry/exit / choice of stock/time frame/ sharp ratio,,,,, and is a much more plausible concept

When you choose to pair trade then you have decided to reduce risk of trade, same When you choose to trade low beta stocks again you have decided to reduce risk .Money managment techniques are helpless in reducing such a risk ..

The overlapping areas has been there for years and it is difficult to draw a line.

Regards

PS:-- Sorry about the delay in reply .. Got a high risk flu which if I donot take care of it now will result in a financial loss... Not been trading today as a result,,

Paul,

Rule 80A has been modified apparently. This is the rule I was going by up until 2000. The current rule is apparently 1% fall or rise from close which stops program traders to kick in but IMHO is a vague way.. For example if DOW rise 200 point and suddenly fell 150 points , does this class as 1% or does it have to be 1% from close.

I still use the 50 point limit , even though I know it is not a correct..

http://www.rrbdlaw.com/1999/q199/Tdcurbs.html

Last edited:
Grey1,

Thanks for the clarification, that does make it a bit more tricky to know when program trades are likely to start.

Paul

Yes paul, it does..

This is the rule for this quarter

Attachments

• program.png
    program.png
    46 KB · Views: 560
Grey1- Hope the flu clears up. Like the view of ones physical health being taken into the risk equation. So true! What an astute trader you are!

As far as the 50 point rule goes, I gues it makes sense to fix a % rather than a point value. In the 50's for example, it would take a mammoth move to move the Dow 50 points, where as today, we almost saw 50 points in the OPS

Apologies for the Mixup

Sorry Mixed up Mr Charts & Chartman ealier in thread - just read the replies having just flown back from Middle East Today ! and I'm pleased to see I've got another 5 point warning :cheesy: Anybody keeping a league table??
P.S I really do think its a nice photo of Chartman on the front page :cool: ;)

lol, i must have missed this thread first time round. People don't like the thought of others making money from seminars, hence some of the funny posts ive just gone through.. Has the seminar happened yet??

Won't the Dow be closed on a Saturday!! - just a thought...ZZZZZ

shouldnt the seminar be called "trading the Dow (theory only) as we cannot show you the real thing - You practice Monday when were not there Seminar!!" - Z ( have the 40 mugs signed up yet!) let us know ........

Yes, it will be on a Saturday. If you think a mid-week seminar would be a better idea, I'd better change the date. Then I can show the candidates a couple of interesting things, maybe. Of course, if we were really lucky, the Dow could spend the day going sideways. Now wouldn't that be exiting. :cheesy:

Glad to see that the listing on the frontpage has been changed to reflect the actual content of the seminar, rather than the mis-leading and potentially fraudulent claims made in the original advert.

Just a couple of other things spring to mind:

1. you have added:

"If it is not clear, this seminar will ONLY be suitable for those that are already trading the Dow, or are seeking to make a start."

Why not incorporate this in the title somewhere?

It is sort of stuck away at the end of the pre-amble, so it is far from 'clear'.

2. Is this seminar offered anywhere else other than T2W? If so are they paying full price? Have they been informed that they can claim a 20% reduction simply by joining T2W?

If not, the 20% off for T2W members claim is false and against basic trading standards laws.

3. I have checked and re-checked my email offers from T2W, but I don't appear to have received my copy of the new advert, surely it is common practice for both the advertiser and the host medium to re-issue when such dramatic changes have been made?

Afterall, the advertiser should be seen to have a duty of care to those interested in attending, and the host has a duty of care to those to which it exposes the advert. Plus the advertiser is opening themselves up to criticism if someone who was duped into booking from the first advert doesn't get what they want ( perhaps they specifically signed up to learn about Marks trading systems for UK stocks, which now appears to have been dropped.

The cost shouldn't be a problem as you will be making so much from the seminar anyway.

4. That just leaves FSA. Now that you have come clean about the real content of the seminar you include the phrases "specific reference to Dow Trading that Martin has used for many years" and "a workable trading strategy" and "detailed look at Martin’s Dow strategy and theories".

You are now selling a specific system for trading a specific instrument to the general public - rather than either a privately invited audience (which you have to know beforehand), or for no charge ( but again a private audience).

I may well be wrong, but you need to check with FSA that you are not in contravention of their regulations, my understanding is that you are as the subject matter is specific rather than generic.

Last edited:
You are now selling a specific system for trading a specific instrument to the general public - rather than either a privately invited audience (which you have to know beforehand), or for no charge ( but again a private audience).

I am not "selling" any system, in any way, shape, or form.I leave that for the likes of DW and VS. My approach is ( and always will be) to encourage others to think and analyse for themselves so that they can develop their own systems. It's a pity others don't do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.