Trading Seminars

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had a few PM's regarding mentoring. I shamefully forgot in my original post to mention that I have been taught by Steve Rifkin over the last 6 months. It has been superb training which is conducted live over the internet during the US trading session.

Steve has his own site if you are intested in learning more:

http://www.spmentor.com/enter.htm

Otherwise PM me.

Thank you to all those who replied to my original post, it was much appreciated.
I have come to the conclusion that one persons good seminar is another persons bad seminar.
It would seem to me that for a trading seminar/course to be of use it has to provide a means of trading that is successful more times than it fails, as to the percent of success anything above 60/40 would seem to be reasonable

regards
bracke

Bracke

Your conclusion is not quite right........tis not the ratio of wins to losers.......it is more that your wins outstrip your losses in money terms. e g let your profits run - cut your losses early!! Therefore you could well have more losing trades than wins, but the profit could well be greater.

John

Dear Uncle John

Point taken but if the losses are up to 25 points for instance (assuming a stop loss at this level) and they are reoccuring, the win will have to be quite big to offset the loss AND give a profit.

Whilst I do not expect a course to provide me with the ' Holy Grail' I would expect a higher percentage of wins to losses irrespective of the amount of cash involved. After all, a continuing number of losses may deplete my cash balance to a level that I cannot afford to continue

Would you attend a course that advertised ' More Losses Than Wins But Provided You Have Sufficient Funds When You Win Everything Will Be OK ' I suspect not.

Regards
bracke

Would you attend a course that advertised ' More Losses Than Wins But Provided You Have Sufficient Funds When You Win Everything Will Be OK ' I suspect not.

No most people wouldn't. That's why most courses are a complete waste of time. If you ever do see the above quote advertising a course then, believe me, it's the one you want to be on.

And now in my email .......

:!:

Attachments

• tre2win.jpg
    tre2win.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 700
sidinuk & Glenn

Thank you for your replies and the referal to Signalwatch.

I looked at a summary of trading - I think it was for 2002 which for the year gave Wins 77 (40%) Lose 65 (34%) Break Even 49 (25%) If you remove the break evens the Wins are 54% and the Lose are 46%. Not my 60/40 but still more wins than losses.

Notwithstanding the above paragraph why are people not beating a path to signalwatch if the oveall record is cosidered good.

regards
bracke

Mr. Charts said:
Our own fine Chartman and FTSEBeater!
Should be a cracking good seminar.

This particular mix strikes me as a complete disaster waiting to happen.

A fairly complex and esoteric trading systems for Dow mixed with 'this is how you trade'.

One given by a very knowledgable and keen non trader and the other by someone who can't trade themselves and is, frankly unknowledgeable and dangerous when it comes to his views on trading.

.. all for the bargain price of £295

This has got to be the worst offering T2W has ever made and strikes me as good way for the 'teachers' to rip 5k each out of the punters, whilst the punters will wonder what the hell happened.

It's one thing to give a little talk to a few enthusiasts that have paid a tenner to cover the cost of tea and biscuits. When you start charging serious money you have to be an expert. Perhaps I am mistaken and behind FTSEBeater's, mostly illiterate, postings lies a true trading genius. Let's not forget that this is the guy that not so long ago had to get a job as he couldn't make any money from trading - now he want's you to pay £295 to hear..what? This has to be a classic example of those that can't, teach.

Trader333 said:
TBS,

Your not jealous that it it competition for your own course then ?

Paul

Not at all, and it is hardly competition, the two courses cover completely different subjects for a start!

Its got to be .......

I agree its just got to be a wind up!! a seminar for both beginner and advanced! TA in 1-45 mins Money Management & Psychology in 1-15 mins ......Oh if only!!!!

And Webmaster now that Mr Charts has gone commercial its about time his Members Photo was removed from the Front Page - we must have someone good looking who's not on the make to replace him!! Good Looking is Good :LOL:

Attachments

• tre2win4.jpg
    tre2win4.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 805
Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm down on my luck recently. Please can you fund my trading account, and I'll tell you everything I learn't in all the other seminars I went to that didn't do me any damn good!

You could be rich beyond your wildest dreams - just like I wanted to be. All this info in just one afternoon!

Bargain! Where do I sign?

BBB said:
Hey guys,

I'm down on my luck recently. Please can you fund my trading account, and I'll tell you everything I learn't in all the other seminars I went to that didn't do me any damn good!

You could be rich beyond your wildest dreams - just like I wanted to be. All this info in just one afternoon!

Bargain! Where do I sign?

Excellent, don't forget to think of a price then draw a line through it, you could even offer it as a discount to t2w members..........

Status
Not open for further replies.