PROPERTY seminars

Think best property investments are now found abroad in places like Croatia.
Seems the buy to let market in UK is no winner at the moment and I have heard that a lot of it is already on the market.
I believe that some of the SB's do a property index but haven't investigated this as a possible hedge.
Chump, u make an excellent point about the fact that our money is being deliberately channeled into property and equities. With interest rates so low there is of course a big incentive for investors to seek higher risk investments to improve returns as well as borrowing and spending rather than saving. These current bubbles are keeping our economy seemingly prosperous but I think this will lead to big problems in the longer term. As inflation can no longer be hidden and yields rise these bubbles will collapse. I think the problem is far, far worse in the US.

If I may continue this thread, there are 18 property seminar companies in the UK and if you look at what happened to PPP up north and look POD (Portfolios of Distinction) who ask you for £50k, they all have the same formula: Buy-off plan and get a discount, they get a 1-2% from the developer and the brokers and lawyers get new business without having to advertise, they sift through the brainy ones and sting the thick ones. That simple :rolleyes:

Know the score

Inside track basically make become a member and offer you discounted property. They advertise very heavilly to get people to attend their meetings, They never put their address in adverts, will only be around as long as the muppets keep singing up thinking their going to lear a secret. Why dones't anyone get it, if you know a secret you keep it. Not advertise it to share. Its all about tapping in on peoples greed, which is fulled by the press and the speculative story about property prices going up and up.

There are 18 companies like InsideTrack but their formula is uniform and the business methodology is all the same, discount properties, tied lawyers and brokers that will produce for you wage slips, that will allow you to get away with a Self-cert 90% loan to value. The developers put your legal fees and stamp duty into inflated prices then offer you a discount. Hello

Hi there, I read an investigation about these 'property seminars 'in 'Which' magazine. Their conclusion was basically that they were not worth the money and that people could get much of the information for free themselves.
It also mentions that the course material provided by one of the more famous American companies, is really aimed more at the US market, with only a supplement provided for the British one.
:)

"Property Secrets Revealed" !!

"Dear Potential Millionaire ......." says the Whitney blurb I received today.

I think the propery market has topped !!

The market must have topped, these guys arent making as much, so have to sell expensive courses.

Cos, if you can make money from property, you would be making money from property - not selling courses.

It reminds me of the "Reminiscences" book, where the smart money are now trying to offload properties ( shares ) at a high price onto unsuspecting mugs at the top.

Should the market fall, then the smart money could buy back these properties ( shares ) at a lower price.
And so the cycle continues.

Great fun, this trading lark !! :)