Trading ES (Q1 2004)

Fib been hit with the last big move up.

Attachments

• fib.gif
    fib.gif
    27.8 KB · Views: 454
Follow through on ES

Hi

Earlier chart showed the beginnings of a trend line break in Tick. Also had the same break in TickQ. Attached is how I see the events panned out. :D

Attachments

• dow 5min231.png
    dow 5min231.png
    141.8 KB · Views: 413
Triangle formation on the 10 min chart?

Good to see the futures higher this morning as I' m long of the low of yesterday/ bounce of the trend line/rsi trough.

I'm figuring there is more upside potential than down.... average 1,150....tight stop at 1,149.3 in case things go horribly wrong!!

Attachments

• triangle.gif
    triangle.gif
    32.4 KB · Views: 379
Today forming a triangle within a triangle with a classic break and pullback...target fell short with support from the 100ema

RSI showing resistance and support nicely

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    33.2 KB · Views: 339
The failure to reach 1,159 started the bells ringing. Shorted at 1,148 and topped up at the 2nd retest of the broken triangle at 7pm ish.... more than makes up for missing the FTSE move this morning

Target for the larger triangle is 1,143.

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    40.1 KB · Views: 341
China,
Still waiting for my Q charts log on so a bit frustrated at missing today.
I noticed it bouncing between the 1st hour LP and UP, was Tick giving the right signals?
At 20:00 gmt I thought I was going to be asking about an aberration day, but I assume the drop in the last hour was just the SPX + DOW falling back into line with the NAZ.
Please tell me if I'm talking B****x,
cheers
hampy

hampy - tick was spot on for that move from 53 to 58, with a chiselled tick pos div at LP

in the afternoon what we had was NO proper tick pos div at LP tests, but a couple of inverse tick pos divs which r a weaker form of pos div. i personally took 2 long scalps there, one for 0.5 pts, the other for 1 pt. Something wasnt just feeling right about being L, it is perhaps the influence of "dark-siders" with their LHs and LLs :)

but again - unless i am in a trend position - or c a screaming tick div at about 15:15 on a non-ternd day - i usually donr trade last hr. so by the time of the fall i was having my 3rd caipirinha in a "barraca" on the beach :) missed it altogether. My only joy when I woke up this morning :( was my Reuter's position from yesterday's close.....

excellent day indeed. I am off for the Carnaval now. I wish every1 on T2W a very happy Carnaval time, all the rest and wild parties we deserve - and a very relaxing Fat Tuesday - Mardi Gras. Good time to reflect on the yr since last carnaval. wasnt always sunny but I hope every1 made a good progress professionally - and is happy personally :) Many thx for your discussion and ideas - looking forward to keep up good work in the yr to come.

C u all next wednesday.

Tick 20/2

Today was as easy as it gets or maybe every thing is beginning to jel a bit. Either way, it was fun.

Attachments

• dow 5min232.png
    dow 5min232.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 296