T2W Bot

Staff member
1,454 54
If ?volume precedes price? as is often suggested then it should be possible to apply analytical techniques to certain volume attributes that will have some predictive capabilities with regard to future price development. Using various techniques that come under the general heading of money flow analysis it becomes feasible to decide whether a particular security is being accumulated or distributed. A security that is undergoing accumulation can be expected to gain in price and a security that is displaying the characteristics of distribution will probably offer opportunities on the short side. Equally, it can be very informative to see whether there are divergences between the security?s price behaviour and its volume behaviour.
 The Money Flow Index(MFI) The Money Flow Index is a volume-weighted version of the Relative Strength Index. The indicator compares the total transaction values traded on days with upward price movement to the transaction values traded on days with...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,364 1,181
It would help if the images, especially the early ones, enlarged to a readable form......
Richard

Sptrdr01

5 0
Has anyone been able to reproduce Mr Corcoran's results? Using the parameters that he mentions I do not get the same graph that he does.

Sharky

Admin
5,558 294
You'll be glad to hear we've re-loaded the images so they now appear full-size when you click the thumbnails.

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,364 1,181
Thanks, Paul,
Richard

Sptrdr01

5 0
It doesn't make a difference. I still can't reproduce he results no matter how big you make the image. Mr. Corcoran doesn't respond to my email.

Sharky said:
You'll be glad to hear we've re-loaded the images so they now appear full-size when you click the thumbnails.

Trader2Win

13 1
His book on CQA will be published this year. +$50. Not bad if principles are sound. I assume more detail for the techniques will be provided.
This is quantile stuff. Be prepared to program and test. MFI (14) might work now but in a year or shorter/lonnger MFI(10) or MFI(20) may give better results. I use Visual basic in excel to program and test.

Sptrdr01

5 0
Have you been able to duplicate his results? I have tried to in Excel and Easylanguage. I sent Mr. Corcoran my Excel spreadsheet; Mr Corcoran refuses to respond.
You mention MFI, the indicator that he developes is loosly based on MFI, but as you mention it is quantile stuff. I wanted to reproduce what he had and then modify the parameters if necessary.

If his book is anything like his article, then I won't be recommending it.

Trader2Win said:
His book on CQA will be published this year. +$50. Not bad if principles are sound. I assume more detail for the techniques will be provided.
This is quantile stuff. Be prepared to program and test. MFI (14) might work now but in a year or shorter/lonnger MFI(10) or MFI(20) may give better results. I use Visual basic in excel to program and test.

Trader2Win

13 1
Sptrdr01 said:
Have you been able to duplicate his results? I have tried to in Excel and Easylanguage. I sent Mr. Corcoran my Excel spreadsheet; Mr Corcoran refuses to respond.
You mention MFI, the indicator that he developes is loosly based on MFI, but as you mention it is quantile stuff. I wanted to reproduce what he had and then modify the parameters if necessary.

If his book is anything like his article, then I won't be recommending it.
I also tried but could not succeed. I still think the article makes it difficult to figure out but not impossible. Let's wait for the book then?

Sptrdr01

5 0
If his article is so cryptic, I'm sure not going to buy his book.

Trader2Win said:
I also tried but could not succeed. I still think the article makes it difficult to figure out but not impossible. Let's wait for the book then?