Terrorist Attacks in London?

Absolutely spot on Euro_d

There were days of warnings and the Army could have been sent in to help evacuate.

Once the storm had passed it seems that they waited 5 days before reacting.

If this was Britain the Government would fall.

JonnyT

Wmd???

Great article on the Dow Jones news wires yesterday regarding the history of Sadam's WMD.
I know it is old hat and we have all forgotten about why we went to war in Iraq but if anyone wants it PM me. It is a bit long to post. It is a very interesting read!

Euro_d said:
Why did the people whom you pay to care for you allow days to pass before a relief effort was mounted?

The whole scenario of immense suffering in the affected states made significantly worse by incompetence makes one wonder it the US is really a super power.
What about the looting? There is a difference between a starving and thirsty person going in search of food and fresh water and an ******** stealing jewelry or TV's.

Dear Americans, the world is shocked at how your "seniors" have treated you in those states.
Of course our hearts go out to those who have suffered. When you get back to some level of normality it is time for you to have a very critical look at your administrations objectives.
It is not so easy as everyone appears to think. Different disasters .. mass trees or ground vegetation fire, terrorism attack, earthquake or flooding .. all require quite different proportions/ingredients in help, security and recovery.

If fault lay anywhere it was primarily with State level official reactions/attitudes and with the Fed Emergency admin (where the top guy had to go). It is convenient but unreal to blame the President (or Congress and the State legislatures). Bush has put himself at the heart of this thing; he comes from Texas which is close by the disaster Zone and he knows the ethnic mix which Texas shares. He knows the political importance involved .. and the package he has just announced will probably very nicely re-invigorate the South in the short term.

JonnyT said:
Absolutely spot on Euro_d
If this was Britain the Government would fall.
JonnyT
Don't be daft. Hadn't you noticed? Government responsibility these days is confined to the good things. If there is one thing that they are supremely competent at, it is making certain that any blame going is apportioned anywhere but with them. Anything bad is, by definition - somebody else's fault and usually just another ocassion to grab yet more intrusive powers for the State and its wonderful cuddly "security apparatus" that considers itself free to shoot innocent people with impunity just so long as it 'suspects' them. (when was the last time the police shot a GUILTY man tell me?).

I can just see his Toniness now. "Disgraceful!! those responsible will be punished; we'll set up an inquiry (and soto-voce "whose head we will choose and whose terms of reference we will define and which will find in our favour and blame those we nominate - with a knighthood or seat in the Lords assured - or else!") .... blah blah blah.

I accept that, in large measure, we get the government we deserve. Nonetheless, your faith in the system is touching.

peterpr said:
Don't be daft. Hadn't you noticed? Government responsibility these days is confined to the good things. If there is one thing that they are supremely competent at, it is making certain that any blame going is apportioned anywhere but with them. Anything bad is, by definition - somebody else's fault and usually just another ocassion to grab yet more intrusive powers for the State and its wonderful cuddly "security apparatus" that considers itself free to shoot innocent people with impunity just so long as it 'suspects' them. (when was the last time the police shot a GUILTY man tell me?).

I can just see his Toniness now. "Disgraceful!! those responsible will be punished; we'll set up an inquiry (and soto-voce "whose head we will choose and whose terms of reference we will define and which will find in our favour and blame those we nominate - with a knighthood or seat in the Lords assured - or else!") .... blah blah blah.

I accept that, in large measure, we get the government we deserve. Nonetheless, your faith in the system is touching.
I personally have no faith in the system. Sadly the UK has no alternatives so we have Mr B Liar as he so laughingly called in some parts of the world! The rest are clones.
I could rant for pages but I have yet to find someone who can explain how morally, politically or legally we can tolerate many of the serious problems we have in UK.
Lets start with crime, anything form yob behaviour to GBH.
Is is right that the government spend millions of speed cameras and percentage wise, almost nothing to ensure that we can all walk the streets safely?
Need I go on?

Euro_d said:
I personally have no faith in the system. Sadly the UK has no alternatives so we have Mr B Liar as he so laughingly called in some parts of the world! The rest are clones.
I could rant for pages but I have yet to find someone who can explain how morally, politically or legally we can tolerate many of the serious problems we have in UK.
Lets start with crime, anything form yob behaviour to GBH.
Is is right that the government spend millions of speed cameras and percentage wise, almost nothing to ensure that we can all walk the streets safely?
Need I go on?

Euro_d,

its all about money.
yobs dont have money - so the police dont really care about the paperwork to bring people to justice.
drivers / speed camera fines are easy to "prove", and collect.
cars: there are, supposedly, increasing numbers of uninsured cars on the UK roads. But since they are usually being driven by lower-income types ( admitted generalisation ), there is no profit to be made chasing them.
Most people, on good money, are a better source of indirect taxation, using the police as collectors.
Real crime is too difficult for police to bother with, hence alarming falls in detection rate of serious crimes, but collosal amounts raised, efficiently, stopping people driving "too fast".

Its a wonder the cops arent on commissions.

trendie said:
Euro_d,

its all about money.
Its a wonder the cops arent on commissions.
Sad but true!

It really gets me that most families have suffered some form of yob attack, often drug related and nothing happens. We pay our police to protect what we hold dear, freedom.

I dont see freedom when many people are afraid (or at risk) on the streets or in their homes.

Boy oh boy does it P~~~~ me off intensely!

Here we go again,

Mr B Lair is at it again, now he is having a pop at Iran.
Another way to turn focus away from our own home grown problems.

trendie said:
I wonder how soon we find "convincing evidence" that IRAN is implicated in these attacks ??

above my post 07/07.
knew Iran would get dragged into this. After all, it is next on the list of major oil reserves.
decision had already been made to demonise them. they just needed an excuse.

wonder how soon we get a "dossier" of "facts", followed by an imminent threat, possibly that "evidence" has come to light that Iran is closer to building a nuclear bomb than originally thought, and thus the "international community", ie; US and UK, must act swiftly.

As an aside, even if Iran is implicated in the killing of abput 8 soldiers, so what ?

Several thousand americans get shot by other americans every year.
I dont see Tony Blair suggesting we attack Colt or Smith and Wessen. ( we could save more lives if we did )

the pity of it is, no other political party is willing to take an alternative stand. The tories will probably just offer a "vote for us, and we will kill more efficiently at least cost" manifesto.

quiet day isnt it.

Last edited:
trendie said:
above my post 07/07.
knew Iran would get dragged into this. After all, it is next on the list of major oil reserves.
decision had already been made to demonise them. they just needed an excuse.
wonder how soon we get a "dossier" of "facts", followed by an imminent threat, possibly that "evidence" has come to light that Iran is closer to building a nuclear bomb than originally thought, and thus the "international community", ie; US and UK, must act swiftly.
As an aside, even if Iran is implicated in the killing of abput 8 soldiers, so what ?
Several thousand americans get shot by other americans every year.
I dont see Tony Blair suggesting we attack Colt or Smith and Wessen. ( we could save more lives if we did )
the pity of it is, no other political party is willing to take an alternative stand. The tories will probably just offer a "vote for us, and we will kill more efficiently at least cost" manifesto.
quiet day isnt it.

Once the decision to steal has be taken it is just a matter of organising the evidence after the fact.
However since the silly buggers did not even have the brains to plant the evidence last time and thereby close the loop, you wonder what sort of half arsed effort will be put into this fiasco.
Let us assume for a moment that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has a plan and his speech was step one.
Well then I would say that Blair / Bush responses was so predictable, you could be forgiven for thinking that Ahmadinejad had written them himself and addressed it to the two idiots.

The punishment for silly politicans should be" to trade for a living".
After 30 days with no food they would reach some sort of inner purpose instead of just reaching into other peoples lives.

I vaguely remember something regarding Iran over a year or so ago. The Israelis said to the yanks do something about Iran and their programme or we will. maybe we should leave the israelis to it

plater

Stockjunkie said:
do you think the Israelis can handle Iran alone ?

I don't , that's why they need the West for it .

Israelis would wipe them out in seconds

Plater

commanderco said:
Once the decision to steal has be taken it is just a matter of organising the evidence after the fact.
However since the silly buggers did not even have the brains to plant the evidence last time and thereby close the loop, you wonder what sort of half arsed effort will be put into this fiasco.
Let us assume for a moment that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has a plan and his speech was step one.
Well then I would say that Blair / Bush responses was so predictable, you could be forgiven for thinking that Ahmadinejad had written them himself and addressed it to the two idiots.

The punishment for silly politicans should be" to trade for a living".
After 30 days with no food they would reach some sort of inner purpose instead of just reaching into other peoples lives.
Steal what?? Proof please!

commanderco said:
OIL.
Unless you are riding a bicycle and living a nomadic life, you are the proof.
I ride a motorcyle and do move around alot traveling but you have still only offered speculation and no proof that the U.S. has stolen even 1 barrel of oil. We buy our oil from the Middle East...Mexico... etc. There is alot of difference between buying and stealing! So, unless you can offer proof of stealing your argument is pure speculation.I sense the anti U.S. bashing in your remarks.