Sticky T2W Website Updates (New Features/Bug Fixes/Server Problems)

You have registered more than one account and that may have an affect on your permissions.

Just a heads-up, site was unavailable for about 10 mins, starting 20 mins ago. I'm keeping an eye on things, but for now, everything looks fine.

Apologies for the outage, the site was unavailable for about 35 mins.. and this time human error I'm afraid. Everything should be back to normal now.

Cheers Sharky.

Actually there was a short period yesterday (pm?) when I couldn't get in. Soon resolved itself though. Can't remember the details as I have slept since then.

Hey tomorton, you're right, the past week it's been a bit flaky, but today was something different, as piphoe put it, a proper 'fat finger'. Re. the flakiness, need to monitor it this week to understand the culprit. Seems to be an intermittent issue that quickly resolves itself.

Hey tomorton, you're right, the past week it's been a bit flaky, but today was something different, as piphoe put it, a proper 'fat finger'. Re. the flakiness, need to monitor it this week to understand the culprit. Seems to be an intermittent issue that quickly resolves itself.
I think it might be user related. To many threads started by a single user over too shorter time frame, overloaded the server :D

We're aware of an issue with the right hand ad banner in the forums. If you resize your browser window, at least in Chrome/Mac, after the page has loaded and the banner has appeared, it stays fixed in position, so can overlap the forum posts. Working on a fix today...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 10.01.37.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 10.01.37.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
Site is running extremely slow. Having difficulty in uploading screenshots of my platform to update journal. On a hard line connection running over 90mb download, 15+mb upload on desktop - same on laptop. Also same problem on mobile device, handheld with or without wifi or 4G

Thanks for the heads-up Lee, I'm having the exact same problems. I suspect it's some sort of networking issue with our dedicated hosting provider SoftLayer. I've logged a ticket with them and awaiting further updates.

So, despite my last comment, it appears the cause was a DDOS attack. We've put some additional measures in place and that seems to be working. Site is nice and fast for me now. Do let me know if you experience any further slowdowns.

hi Sharky,

Is it possible to add a button for "Go To Page Top"?
(Like on ebay)

Some threads can be long, and scrolling to top to refresh or get to "Last Posts" button is cumbersome.

I know Fn-Home works as a "page-top", but would be good to have a clickable button.

thanks

Try press f5 to reload the page
hi Sharky,

Is it possible to add a button for "Go To Page Top"?
(Like on ebay)

Some threads can be long, and scrolling to top to refresh or get to "Last Posts" button is cumbersome.

I know Fn-Home works as a "page-top", but would be good to have a clickable button.

thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Try press f5 to reload the page

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

F5 works, as you say, to refresh the page you are currently on.

But, if you want to see new posts across all the forums, you have to go to page-top, and hit "New Posts".
(you might be monitoring multiple threads)

Sure @trendie, sounds like a good idea! I'd planned to add "previous page", "next page" buttons, we can add "top of page" at the same time.. We'll add it next week.