Sticky T2W Website Updates (New Features/Bug Fixes/Server Problems)

I know you may not need to maximise but I am curious to know what happens if you did and if the scroll bars appear, I have a Mac which is why I asked and this is not my website and I was just trying to help.

I know you may not need to maximise but I am curious to know what happens if you did and if the scroll bars appear, I have a Mac which is why I asked and this is not my website I was just trying to help.

The problem only seems to be with this website. If it was a setting that I accidentally turned on or off, it should, in theory, affect all websites, not just this one. Additionally, there are others with the same issues, which makes me think that it is not solely an issue with Firefox or Safari.

I posit that the problem might have something to do with UK users versus US users. Coastline and I are both in the US. I have posted here about problems that seem to divide the users besides the Atlantic Ocean. Several times http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/ has told me the site was down, while UK users apparently had no trouble.

Screenshot after I pressed the green dot on T2W
Screen_Shot_2016_08_11_at_2_35_30_PM.png

Screenshot after I pressed the green dot on Apple
Screen_Shot_2016_08_11_at_2_38_08_PM.png

The issue is not that important to me, but it appears to be so with Coastline. The scroll bar appears and disappears at will, so to speak.

Anybody else having a similar issues?

Can't see U tube videos the punters post.

Using opera.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 217
Is there a solution to the missing vertical scroll bar problem?
Sorry to hear you're still having issues Coastline. Unfortunately, I can't help as it's very much a technical issue which will require the skills of the highest calibre. Sadly, I possess none of any calibre. Definitely a job for the boss: @Sharky I'll make sure he sees the thread this time; apologies for the inconvenience!
Tim.

Hey everyone, can you check if the screen formatting is any better now? We've made some changes, and hopefully it'll be much improved. You'll probably need to do a hard refresh on your browser or clear your browser cache, as we're updated some javascript files.

Vertical Scroll Bar Still Missing

Sharky:

I am still having the same problems. Some pages show the vertical scroll bar and other pages do not. For example, the main Forum Threads page and this thread page do not show the vertical scroll bar.

I have tried both Firefox and Chrome. In Firefox, I can use the up/down arrows to move the page if the vertical scroll bar is missing. In Chrome, the up/down arrows do not even move the page.

I stopped the browser processes in Task Manager and refreshed the browsers. I also cleared all browser cache.

I am not having this problem with any other website.

Thanks.

Odd, I can't seem to replicate the issue, is anyone else having this problem, or NOT having it?

Are you using any sort of ad blocking software on your browsers? If so, can you try turning them off and seeing it makes a difference?

Can others also check the other issues with youtube videos etc, to see if that's improved. Thanks!

Sharky:

The problem seems resolved today. I jumped around to many different pages on the site, and I now see the vertical scroll bar on all pages. I checked both Firefox and Chrome.

Maybe it took a day for your changes to propagate [just a guess].
@hhiusa was also having the same problem as I was having, so hopefully he will confirm as well.

Thanks for taking care of it and following up.

Great, so we discovered the root of the problem. It wasn't the changes I made that fixed it, basically the ads we were showing for NinjaTrader were causing the problem. We've paused those ads and now everything is working again.

The changes I made yesterday should have fixed the issue with the new IE Edge browser I believe, that was mentioned earlier in the thread - so perhaps someone with that browser can check if that's the case.

Thanks, for all your help!

Sharky:

The problem seems resolved today. I jumped around to many different pages on the site, and I now see the vertical scroll bar on all pages. I checked both Firefox and Chrome.

Maybe it took a day for your changes to propagate [just a guess].

@hhiusa was also having the same problem as I was having, so hopefully he will confirm as well.

Thanks for taking care of it and following up.

Great, so we discovered the root of the problem. It wasn't the changes I made that fixed it, basically the ads we were showing for NinjaTrader were causing the problem. We've paused those ads and now everything is working again.

The changes I made yesterday should have fixed the issue with the new IE Edge browser I believe, that was mentioned earlier in the thread - so perhaps someone with that browser can check if that's the case.

Thanks, for all your help!

So, the problem was very real indeed and it was on T2W's side. Thank you very much for fixing the scroll bar issue.

I still think there is an issue concerning geolocation. @Coastline and I are located in the US and we were having issues, which are now resolved. I have had other issues in the past that seemed to have only affected US users. I have heard people residing outside of the US who frequent ET (which is in the US) complain about a similar issue while people in the US remained unaffected.

Thank you again.

In this case it was indeed geo-location based, in the sense the advert causing the problem would only show to US located visitors. It's not uncommon to restrict advertising by location, all depending on who the advertiser wishes to target.

Lately u have been receiving invalid response from your servers. The error is response error, invalid characters/missing colon in header or header is empty.

How often does it happen, daily, weekly? Is it on the forums, or other sections of the site, or random? Can you make a note of the full message, if it happens again. Thanks forker!

How often does it happen, daily, weekly? Is it on the forums, or other sections of the site, or random? Can you make a note of the full message, if it happens again. Thanks forker!

some days i don't get it, others like today i have seen it 4 times (main forum or sub-forum). Closing and opening a new window results in the same error and it seems as though it is a single server in a load balanced configuration is causing the problem (refreshing every few seconds persists the error for up to 30 seconds and then it works). This is the sort of scenario where my connection is then redirected to a different server that's working.

Thanks for the info, it sounds like something to do with the anti-DDOS service we use, where traffic is channeled through them first. Leave it with me, let me know if things improve the next few days, as I'm going to make some changes.

some days i don't get it, others like today i have seen it 4 times (main forum or sub-forum). Closing and opening a new window results in the same error and it seems as though it is a single server in a load balanced configuration is causing the problem (refreshing every few seconds persists the error for up to 30 seconds and then it works). This is the sort of scenario where my connection is then redirected to a different server that's working.

Have things improved?

Is there a reason that I cannot access my private messaging?

It comes up with a message saying:

"JosephMMcCormick, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

I also get this message when trying to start a new thread.