Sticky T2W Website Updates (New Features/Bug Fixes/Server Problems)

Update to the Community Constitution

Added to "1.11 Posting on T2W is a privilege not a right."

...For this reason, if you use TOR (the anonymity network) and start any kind of trolling activity you will be banned immediately (since it's highly likely you're a multi-nick which means you've had all the warnings in a previous incarnation and don't deserve the same chances as others).

See: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/faq.php?faq=faq_site_guidelines

Sorry for the disruption to normal service. For some reason the server crashed this morning and we're still investigating why. It was down for maybe an hour or two, but everything should now be working normally again.

Most probable cause was hard drive failure. We've added some extra monitoring to keep an eye on it, may need to swap it out if we have any more problems.
F should reimburse you for that as most of the hdd activity is on his threads. [emoji38]

F should reimburse you for that as most of the hdd activity is on his threads. [emoji38]

Lol

Got to admit we were very busy posting between 6 30 am and up to around 7 00 am - around the time it happened - I reckon somebody is trying to hack my chart screen shots ( lol) - we were testing the 30 second delay between comments to its limit - and then suddenly - that was it for over 90 mins or so

Bound to be my fault though lol - oh no - not another ban.........:eek:

Site was under DDOS attack this morning, we battened down the hatches and blocked most of the countries outside the Americas and Europe (temporarily) and now we're back online, for now.

Once again, apologies for the disruption to normal service. Continued attacks this afternoon but we seem to be back on top of it, for now.

Thanks for the updates, Sharky, and for your openness and honesty about the cause of the problems.

Why do you think people want to attack the forum?

. . . Why do you think people want to attack the forum?
T2W members speak the truth, outing those who don't wish to be outed. Either that, or some spotty fourteen year old who has grown weary of the adult entertainment industry and has nothing better to do. The devil makes work for idle hands etc. . .
:cheesy:

hang in there guys .................having at one point ran a small trading website with admin support (and that was a major pain in the B*tt) - I cannot imagine the aggro re a big forum like this

N

Lol

Got to admit we were very busy posting between 6 30 am and up to around 7 00 am - around the time it happened - I reckon somebody is trying to hack my chart screen shots ( lol) - we were testing the 30 second delay between comments to its limit - and then suddenly - that was it for over 90 mins or so

Bound to be my fault though lol - oh no - not another ban.........:eek:

yep - agree - couldnt get into T2win and just stopped posting and focussed on trading ..............:whistling

Thanks for the updates, Sharky, and for your openness and honesty about the cause of the problems.

Why do you think people want to attack the forum?

Looks like whoever initiated the attack was targetting the Boiler Room Scams thread. The DDOS is hitting those pages specifically, so for now, we've had to block that thread (you'll get an access denied, firewall notice if you try opening it) until such time as the attack ends. FYI It's been continuous since yesterday morning.

T2W members speak the truth, outing those who don't wish to be outed.
Looks like whoever initiated the attack was targetting the Boiler Room Scams thread.

Thanks, guys. I see what you mean, of course.

Good luck with repelling the attacks, and thank you for all your labours in this regard.

[I was asking as a small forum-owner, myself (nothing to do with trading/finance, and of no interest to T2W members!), who lives in fear of such things ... but I don't have content which is going to offend anyone, I suppose.]

Merry Xmas all! Unfortunately not everyone is in the festive spirit and we've been targetted again by a DDOS attack.. doing our best now to counter it.