Sierra

does anyone know where I can get the stock codes for sierra software? i.e. what is the code for the dac or cac 40?

Got 'chartbook file error' this morning and lost my FE`Z and AX`Z charts.Tried to 'open/new intraday chart' and the new chart filled the screen.I had to open new chartbook to enable me to re-populate with multiple time-frames of FE`Z and AX`Z. I have Sierra across 4 monitors.Tried minimizing the window but still couldn't add charts in 'original' chartbook.What am I doing wrong?Also,How often do the rest of you get 'chartbook file error'? It's happened to me twice in approx. three months.

I use Mytrack/Sierra.I can bring up a chart of Tick.Unfortunately it doesn't exist (to my knowledge) as a study in Sierra.Is there any way that I can combine the chart of Tick with a chart of ES?

I'm trying to apply the same study conditions to all charts. It won't work, what to do please? :confused:

You should just be able to save it as a "study collection", and then when you open your new chart, select it from the drop-down list and it ought to apply in the saved colour/settings etc.

(How)Can I vary the colour of a Moving Average so that it is say,green when positive(up) and red when negative(down)?please.

There's no built in way. You could probably do it with a custom worksheet, though I've never tried. You certainly could if you wrote a custom DLL, but that's probably more hassle than you are looking for :)

Got 'Chartbook File Error' this morning 'No data or can not be read'.How often does this affect others?

I use MA crossover with red on the shorter time and blue on the longer. How can an average be + or - ? You can see if it's above or below the price.
Don't get that error.

Hi Jonnyy40

Never had any chartbook file errors.

In regard to your moving average question. I think I know what you are after. Check out the 'Sierra Chart User Group' at Yahoo! Goups. They have a few custom dll's and study collections that you can use to do this. Can't remember which one but it shouldn't take you too long to figure out.

By the way there is also a dll on there to put price chart in a study area. So that may solve your problem of putting a Tick chart on the same chart as ES.

Cheers

Lard

Great,Thanks.I had chart problems a few weeks ago_Opened the FTSE chartbook this morning and 'Chartbook file error,data is missing or can not be read'.I just wanted reassurance that it wasn't only me!

Hi guys
Is it possible to have two stocks on the same graph in Sierra? I can't figure it out :(
Thanks BD

BD

There is a study called 'Overlay' which allows you to overlary one chart on top of another. From what I can see you can only plot the second chart as a line and the scaling might not give you what you want.

Lard

I've got the latest Sierra version but some charts don't want to update. I have to play around with connections etc but that doesn't always work. The IB feed is OK and most of the charts are updating OK.
Any ideas please? :confused:

oatman,
This may solve your problem. Manually remove your accumulated chart data and personal studies from sierra/data directory to your desktop, remove the Sierra program completely and do a fresh install. Once completed, manually insert your accumulated chart data and personal studies back into the sierra/data directory. However, I do have a copy of version 39, so if all else fails, send me PM with your email address and i'll gladly send it to you.

Last edited: