Sierra/Mytrack/IB

Can you get MyTrack charts up?

Can you get IB charts up?

If so simply copy data files from the data directory in the Mystrack installation of Seirra to the data directory of the IB installation of Seirra. Then rename the copied files to symbols used by IB

for instance ES`Z becomes ES-200312-GLOBEX

JonnyT

fillyerboots said:
I'm still having trouble combining Mytrack historical with IB live in Sierra, can anyone out there give me some pointers?

FYB, do you mean combining MT daily histories with IB intraday data?

- If this go to data source settings, make sure DataFeed Service is set for IB, and Dial Data database (in the Historical box) is selected, you should see dd.trackdata.com, greyed in the name box. You need an MT sub (any sort) to use that, but it gives you access to daily histories in an IB installation of Sierra.

Or do you mean using a delayed MyTrack sub to provide intraday histories for an IB installation?

If this then you need, as JT has said, to copy the relevant *.mnd files from the data directory of the MT installation to the data dir. of the IB installation, changing the file names to match the IB codes at the same time. However, a point to note is that if you use a delayed MT feed, which is really the only reason you would want to do this, then you need to ensure your copying is done before the open, or you will get a 15min data gap!

The other drawback is that you will copy any imperfections in the MT data into your IB files, and in general I reckon the IB data is better. My solution to that is a small program I've written that just appends any new points into a Sierra data file, rather than replacing it, it also adjusts the timezone if you want, as IB and MT use different timezones. If you want a copy PM me with your email address.

Hi

I don't know if anyone can help me - I'm pretty new to all this. I logged on to my Sierra Charts this afternoon and they're all stuck on yesterday's prices and aren't moving although the numbers are changing on MyTrack. I haven't changed any settings since it was working yesterday - can anyone give any advice/ideas? It would be much appreciated. :confused:

Had a similar problem myself last week.

With me, whilst the charts refused to update the prices continued to move. Which of course is not a lot of help.

Tried everything I could think of, including suggestions in answer to my post, but nothing worked and finally gave up in disgust.

Logged on the next day and guess what - everything back to normal.

If you have not changed anything your problem may cure itself as well.

AGB

Thanks AGB

I've finally got it working by clicking on every other chart I had set up but hadn't used in a while - I don't know what I did but it started working again! I think I'll lose the will to live if it happens every day!

Thanks for your help anyway - much appreciated! :D

Austin/Liz,

Is this happening on all charts, or just some? I've once seen those symptoms where a few files had apparently got corrupted, due to dud data from MT. However, it still persisted once they had corrected the data at their end and I had to truncate the files on my PC before it would update correctly.

What you may need to do, to see if this is the problem, is:

1) Open the message log (Ctrl-M)
2) Disconnect and then Connect (in the File menu)
(you probably need to wait 10 sec or so between the two)
3) You then get a list of files being uploaded. If it all works OK the last message will be "Intraday Download COMLETE for *****". (If that's the case this isn't going to help!). However, if it sticks on a line such as: "Downloading intraday chart data for ******" then you have hit the problem.
4) Open the file named in the message.
5) Right click on it and select "Edit Minute Data"
6)Press the left arrow, at the bottom left a few times so you are positioned before the end of the file and then select "Delete from current position to end of file" Click OK when requested.
7) Now Sierra will try and reload all the files. This time it should load that file OK. If it then sticks on another you may need to repeat the process!

It's possible that just disconnecting and reconnecting on its own may fix the problem. MT has loads of servers, sometimes one misbehaves and reconnecting solves the problem. If you look at the message log it will tell you what server you connected to, the third line in the log should say something like "Connected to data feed server 42-4". Make sure if you reconnect it says something different, you don't want to reconnect to the same server, it can happen. If it does, just try again.

Hope some of this helps!