Sierra

Sorry for late reply chaps, had major PC probs this week.

Anyway, looks like you're all sorted! Good stuff! :cheesy:

Mine looks good anyway, Thanks Rosso.

Not sure about the 'Restart on Login failed' option, but I'll see how it goes. Don't suppose it would do any harm to tick it anyway.

Cheers,

Mute.

Missing Intraday data (databull.com)

Thinking of subsribing to www.databull.com as mytrack is holey.They supply data in MetaStock,PRN,ASC11 and Excel format.
Which format is required?
(I read on previous page that you can export Excel from Sierra?can you import it?)Databull writes direct to hard-disk,will Sierra accept it? I copied this from a Sierra forum:-> What I want to do is manually insert the data from 11/20 so that my
> chart doesn't skip from 11/19 to 11/21. I don't understand what
> Notepad and Wordpad have to do with this. My apologies.

OK, we were talking about two different types of files. My post referred to DLY
files and you need to insert the data into MND file. To edit MND files I would
recommend MND converter available here:

http://www.rdeangelis.com/SC/mnd2txt.html

It's not my program. I'm just a happy user.

Do I need this,or will databull work ok alone?(I don't like downloading web programmes from unknown sources)

No.45

For your information..........
I just had to d/load Sierra again and discovered we're on No.45

when adding the RSI indicator to charts of forex, eur or gbp the indicator is always below 30. when applying the indicator to other charts, es or ym for instance, then it looks as normal, with indicator over bought/sold.
is this normal, i'm using default settings on all charts.

Seadog, I was just about to ask the same question. I have an AQ Euro USD futures chart using Mytrack data. The RSI only moves between 0 and about 45. Using a chart from Saxo Bank the RSI moves normally. Is this then a Sierra problem or just a change of settings needed?

Seadog/Tykoon

If you get the latest release for Sierra they have a new RSI-S which is meant for small values, like currencies. That should sort the problems out

Cheers

Lard

oatman, i've tried different setting but the indicator is always around or below 30, only on forex charts.

thanks lard, i'm still on ver 43, will download the latest one over the weekend.

many thanks.

Seadog, Update to the latest verion of Sierra. There was a problem with small numbers for RSI that started recently and has been resolved in one of the subreleases of version 45.

Now I see the other replies (hmmm. dont know how that happens). I did an RSI dll for a friend to overcome the problem while he awaited the version from Sierra so if the update doesnt work let me know and I will post the dll somewhere.