IB TWS & Sierra

oatman

2,879 22
I've recently been getting a message on TWS that I've
" exceeded the maximum number of tickers" and that not all charts were being displayed. I asked IB Help and apparently you can only have 40 tickers in total. ie 20 TWS + 20 Sierra. So presumably if I had 2 Sierras running it would go 3 ways, and so on.
The problem is that I was running some stocks just to keep an eye on, and follow some of the "live" trade posts. I've now got to knock a load off. So the question is which ones to keep.
Any suggestions on the more interesting/active ones please?

about 10 will do.

GreyingSurfer

173 0
No suggestions for choices. However, if you want to keep an eye on a larger number consider doing what I do - also have a mimimum, delayed sub to MyTrack. I run a second Sierra installation off that. Costs $25 a month, but it gives me unlimited 15 min delayed data, plus 15 day histories on anything I decide I want to look at. That way you could use the delayed feed to general screening and move the ones of current interest to your live IB/Sierra setup for trading. It's always worth having a backup data feed anyway (though it has to be said that IB is so much better and more reliable than MT it's use a backup for IB is limited)

nine

2,038 506
SCMagic

I've recently moved from Sierra to Ensign but a great strategy for backup with either comes from SCMagic. If I lose my data I can just collect the latest realtime file. Cost is 10 euro per month although I am still on the free trial.

Reactions: Mathemagician

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock