Sierra

Sean - ditto Oaty's comment : I've never had any probs with the stand alone version, so maybe you should try that.

You are crazy using the web browser version.

All serious traders use the Standalone version!!!

Thanks guys for the suggestion that I change over to Stand Alone TWS. I am doing that right now.

Sean

Does anyone get their charts "sticking" in Sierra? I've been out and left a page on Z running. When I switch to ES or YM they haven't been updating. I have to run through all the charts before they update again. It's as if you have to wake them up ......or is there a button I should click? :cheesy:
This is running off TWS.

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Sierra allows the export of price series data AND any number of indicator values to Excel/Access ?

For example:

DATE O H L C 50DMA BB STOCH
0101 5 5.1 4.9 5.05 4.98 5.1 99
0102 5.1 5.15 5.05 5.12 5 5.12 100

etc...

Many Thanks,

The General.

Yes it does. Any indicator you put on chart is exportable.

Add a default worksheet study to the chart and open it up!

JonnyT

Hi The General

When you open a worksheet study as JonnyT has pointed out, the indicators are hiding in cells AA1

HTH :)

IB Connection

Hi All,

I've just taken out a Sierra subscription, and want to run it unattended with my IB feed.

Sierra manages to login OK to IB, but when IB puts up the 'Accept incoming connection attempt?' message, Sierra sometimes misses it. Normally when I'm not around!

It almost looks as though Sierra tried to respond before TWS was asking.

Anyone come across this? I'd be grateful for advice.

I've also posted to Sierra & IB's support.

Try using TWS Start. There is an option on the menu to allow you to "automatically accept incoming communications".

Also, stick the ticker symbols for the instruments you are trading in the intraday file update list, and you should be fine.

I've had this as well. It's when my internet reconnects, but not always. My charts are in Intraday but where's the TWS Start?

Think TWS Start is some sort of utility oatman, try Google.

I'm sure rosso will reply, but I'll have a look later anyway & post if not. Must go to work now though, I'll just leave Sierra running...

I found it on Google. I've downloaded and clicked everything but I'm not sure what it's doing :cheesy:

You might want to try something I wrote for Woodie's group:

* If you are using my KeepTWSAlive program then note that there
* is a new release on Dave's site at
* http://www.e-minitraders.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=479
* It allows you to enter the password every time if you want a little
* more security. There is also a version that restarts your charting
* program at times of your choice. I found that occaisionally ensign would
* lose synch with IB during the night and so I added a module to close down
* Ensign and TWS and then restart them. Someone else had a similar problem
* with another program so I have released it. This way I lose 25 secs of data
* for the restart rather than risking being off line for 4 hours.

Hi Kiwi, thanks for the link. My internet dis/reconnects every 2 hours. I've got it set to keep dialing every second until connected. TWS logs in automatically. I can't remember having a problem there. It's just that Sierra doesn't always seem to catch although it's set to connect automatically. TWS still asks for permission to allow incoming connections. One is through a network. It "usually" happens automatically, but for instance y'day afternoon the networked one failed to reconnect.

Has anyone any idea how to display VWAP in sierra please? I know it's part of the TradeStation package but I don't want to go down that route!

oatman said:
It "usually" happens automatically, but for instance y'day afternoon the networked one failed to reconnect.

Don't know if it's relevant Oatman, but mine also failed yesterday - worked the day before though. I've not been using it long enough to know how much of a problem it is.

I've read a bit about TWS Start, seems like it may do the trick.

Mute.

I'm pretty useless on these things, haven't got a clue about programming etc. I'll have a play around at the weekend.

TWSStart

oatman,

It's taken me 'til now to try it, as IB's been down. It seems to work. I've attached a .bmp of the settings I've used in case you're not sure. Obviously, you'll have to put your username / password in.

Once the settings are set, if you make an entry in 'Task scheduler' with this in the 'Run' field, set it to run a couple of minutes before a task to start Sierra, you should be laughing.

"C:\Program Files\TWSStart_20\TWSStart.exe" /A

Kiwi,

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at that as well.

Regards,

Mute.

Attachments

• twsstart.bmp
    234.5 KB · Views: 245