MetaTrader 4 (MT4) 'How do I ...' / Q & A Thread

Hi
I was wondering if someone may help me? I am new to MT4

My bars on the 4 Hour chart in MT4 starts at 0400 0800 etc London time, is there a way I can make them begin at 0200, 0600 etc.

Thanks in advance.

I was wondering if someone may help me? I am new to MT4

My bars on the 4 Hour chart in MT4 starts at 0400 0800 etc London time, is there a way I can make them begin at 0200, 0600 etc.
Hi arjjay,
I'm not the best person to answer this, as I'm pants at techie questions of this kind. That said, I think the times are dictated by the location of the host servers. So, depending on who your broker is and where they're based - that will govern the chart times, and I suspect you can't change them. However, I could be wrong - but an e-mail or phone call to your broker will answer the question definitively one way or the other.
Tim.

Hi arjjay,
I'm not the best person to answer this, as I'm pants at techie questions of this kind. That said, I think the times are dictated by the location of the host servers. So, depending on who your broker is and where they're based - that will govern the chart times, and I suspect you can't change them. However, I could be wrong - but an e-mail or phone call to your broker will answer the question definitively one way or the other.
Tim.

Hi Tim,
Oh No. I hope not as I have spent ages developing a system based on the 4 hour bars starting at 0200, 0600 etc. There must be a way to change them I think?
Thanks

MT4 does not have the facility to change the time-stamp.
the info comes from the brokers servers.
it is a pain, and I think has been explored before.

easiest option is to find a broker that has their servers in your time-zone.

EDIT: or, as per timsks response, get an answer directly from your brokers.

Does anyone know how to get range bars from MT4? Is that feature built-in or must we buy from 3rd party vendors?

Total novice here.

I tried writing some simple EA's in fxdreema but when I try to test them in the MT4 tester, MT4 makes a sqeeking noise and I end up with no results, I am logged in on an FXCM demo account.

Does MT4 not work on the weekends?

Total novice here.

I tried writing some simple EA's in fxdreema but when I try to test them in the MT4 tester, MT4 makes a sqeeking noise and I end up with no results, I am logged in on an FXCM demo account.

Does MT4 not work on the weekends?

No feed at weekends on FXCM MT4