Scotland Independence Referendum

@Sharky would is be reasonable dya think to set a cutoff time for this competition? The polls open at 07:00 BST tomorrow (Thursday).

I've been thinking and ermmm - yes but, no but, yes but, no but...

Turnout 89%
NO 51.65%
YES 48.35%

This has to be a scotch persons wet dream.
They can get 3:1 at the bookies and shaft the English in 24hrs.
William Wallace would be weak at the knees.
But they're too lazy to get out of the pub and do anything about it.

No offence to our friends North of the border.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sharky would is be reasonable dya think to set a cutoff time for this competition? The polls open at 07:00 BST tomorrow (Thursday).

Yeah I think we either say no more entries, given that voting has started; or we allow last minute predictions until voiting closes at 22:00 BST. As I understand it there aren't any exit polls released until then.

Since you came up with the idea Pat, I'll leave you to decide :LOL:

my feeling is that the silent majority will turn out and stop this fiasco.......

if I were a Scotsman and still on the fence that means I am relatively happy with the status quo......

no brainer vote ................

I think we will be surprised at the majority the no vote gets ...we need them all to turn out though

N

god help us if they vote yes................it could send a rumble through global financial markets ...................it doesn't need much to twitch the algo's.......

my feeling is that the silent majority will turn out and stop this fiasco.......

if I were a Scotsman and still on the fence that means I am relatively happy with the status quo......

no brainer vote ................

I think we will be surprised at the majority the no vote gets ...we need them all to turn out though

N

Its a guess, of course, but I feel that a big T/O means "NO"

I saw Catalan representation on t/v at lunchtime! That Catalan flag with the triangle in it means independistas. The dignity that the Scots are showing is impressing everyone and Spaniards are envious of it.

Sometimes you have to take a gamble in life, us as traders should relate to that more than anyone. Some of the most successful businesses took huge risks when starting out, maybe the Scots can make a independent Scotland flourish, maybe we are a touch envious / jealous of them.

Yeah I think we either say no more entries, given that voting has started; or we allow last minute predictions until voiting closes at 22:00 BST. As I understand it there aren't any exit polls released until then.

Since you came up with the idea Pat, I'll leave you to decide :LOL:
No official exit polls are one thing but with a £25 Amazon voucher riding on the result I think some will spare no efforts to seek inside information. Bribes, blackmail, oild favours being called in. You know how it works.

And ta be handed the power of decision, bit giddy with it all you know but in the interest of fairness I'm gonna uggest that now would be a good time to draw a line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COMPETITION CLOSED
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Down to you now @Sharky to draw up the table of entries. I'd offer ta do it meself but a s a competitor, that'd be a little iffy. I appreciate you're also a competitor but your integrity is beyond question.

I don't think that trading is gambling. Many businesses fail without proper preparation and planning and a sense of realism. All seemingly lacking in the independent Scotland intentions of Salmond et al.
I'm definitely not envious of them, the grass is greener here. Sorry to sound picky ! :)
FYI I am half Scots, half English, born in Yorkshire, lived there some of my childhood and some in the Gorbals in Glasgow, further back in generations East European. My paternal granddad WALKED all the way from Poland to Copenhagen aged 16 to avoid compulsory military service of 20 years in the Russian army and for a better life, then came to London.
Britain has taken people in through the centuries and been a haven and a place for freedom and the chance to do well. I for one will be deeply upset if Scotland divorces itself from this wonderful and green and pleasant land.

Its a guess, of course, but I feel that a big T/O means "NO"

I saw Catalan representation on t/v at lunchtime! That Catalan flag with the triangle in it means independistas. The dignity that the Scots are showing is impressing everyone and Spaniards are envious of it.

Dont confuse 'Dignity' with 'Apathy'. :LOL:

I don't think that trading is gambling. Many businesses fail without proper preparation and planning and a sense of realism. All seemingly lacking in the independent Scotland intentions of Salmond et al.
I'm definitely not envious of them, the grass is greener here. Sorry to sound picky ! :)
FYI I am half Scots, half English, born in Yorkshire, lived there some of my childhood and some in the Gorbals in Glasgow, further back in generations East European. My paternal granddad WALKED all the way from Poland to Copenhagen aged 16 to avoid compulsory military service of 20 years in the Russian army and for a better life, then came to London.
Britain has taken people in through the centuries and been a haven and a place for freedom and the chance to do well. I for one will be deeply upset if Scotland divorces itself from this wonderful and green and pleasant land.
It's good to hear different views and I respect what your saying, but I would like to give the Scots a chance, otherwise they will never know. It may take 10, 20 years, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Fair enough :)
Hopefully the 800,000 Scots here in England won't go back home, (none of the ones we know will), we'd miss their huge contribution.
I just dislike nationalist bully boys like Salmond and his lot. They keep on cropping up and 80% of the time it ends in suffering for someone.

It's good to hear different views and I respect what your saying, but I would like to give the Scots a chance, otherwise they will never know. It may take 10, 20 years, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

give a chance sure ..........but not the handouts and freebees they expect from us and the rest of the world following a yes decision

Scotland - you cant have your haggis and eat it (sorry ;))

N

No chances at our expense, thank you. They have been told by Salmond that they have plenty of oil. If that is the case, they'll be be ok. Apart from that, they are a capable lot and I wish them well, but not to finance them.

Courtesy of the BBC....

The polls have closed and counting is under way in the referendum to decide whether Scotland should stay in the UK or become an independent country.

Counting will be carried out through the night, with individual results announced for each of Scotland's 32 local authority areas.

The final national result is expected after 06:30 BST (05:30 GMT) on Friday.

A record turnout is anticipated, with 4,285,323 people - 97% of the electorate - having registered to vote.

The bulk of the local results are expected to come between 03:00 and 05:00 BST (02:00 and 04:00 GMT). These will include votes cast from the 789,024 postal vote applications, which was the largest volume of registration for postal votes ever in Scotland.