Scotland Independence Referendum

In the UK will they tell us the void votes in the break down.

In AUS you will have to get your name ticked off first.

Still don't have to vote.

But will get a fine if you don't have your name ticked off.

Should add some people don't go pay the fine, so still have a turn out %

Last edited by a moderator:
In the UK will they tell us the void votes in the break down.

In AUS you will have to get your name ticked off first.

Still don't have to vote.

But will get a fine if you don't have your name ticked off.

It is lucky someone doesn't put a cartoon character up as a candidate. The result would scare the usual politicos out of their socks.

Here's my suggestion IMHO , only yes and no predictions - total should be 100% - , and in case of a tie we look at turnout predictions . I leave it to Sharky , and maybe increase the prize to 100 quids :clap: .

Here's my suggestion IMHO , only yes and no predictions - total should be 100% - , and in case of a tie we look at turnout predictions . I leave it to Sharky , and maybe increase the prize to 100 quids :clap: .

If one person spoils their ballot paper Yes / No does not = 100% It happens!

Turnout: 68%
Yes: 43%
No: 57%
(as per earlier post about undecided not counting, and Yes + No = 100%)

Reluctantly, a Yes vote. London is offering too much for a No. The Scots can have it and we'll keep the money!

Poor old @Sharky isn't goin ta know which way to turn given the various ways we've chosen to express our votes.

I've done mine as both percentage of the total eligible to vote and as a percentage of the turnout. If we're going to use only the valid YES/NO votes cast as representing 100% of the vote then my previously given figures come out as follows:-

Still reckon 74% of those eligible to vote will do so. And under the new rules where voids are not counted and only YES/NO are totaled, the YES votes will be 46% and the NO votes will be 54%.

Reluctantly, a Yes vote. London is offering too much for a No. The Scots can have it and we'll keep the money!

Splitlink, you gotta be in it ta win it. Give us your percentage breakdowns for the YES and the NO contingent where YES+NO = 100% of valid votes cast.

Anyway even those who gave a 3 way prediction , their yes / no numbers can be converted to a binary outcome not a big deal ...

I
Here's my suggestion IMHO , only yes and no predictions - total should be 100% - , and in case of a tie we look at turnout predictions . I leave it to Sharky , on that basis I will increase the prize to 100 quids :clap: .

That's the spirit mate, good effort. :clap:

turnout 82%
of votes cast:
spoiled 2% (those who thought the English Defence League was an option....)
yes 46%
no 52%

If I win I'd like my prize donated to the Distressed Bully Boys of Scotland Society, President A. Salmond.

turnout 82%
of votes cast:
spoiled 2% (those who thought the English Defence League was an option....)
yes 46%
no 52%

If I win I'd like my prize donated to the Distressed Bully Boys of Scotland Society, President A. Salmond.
At least if you win they'll still be able to use an Amazon voucher denominated in pounds sterling, That should cheer them up.

Maybe we should have a referendum in England to see if we want to carry them for another 300 years ?

Maybe we should have a referendum in England to see if we want to carry them for another 300 years ?

That referendum will come when they want to get back in!

At least, i hope it will but, as I have said before, we are a soft bunch.

That referendum will come when they want to get back in!

At least, i hope it will but, as I have said before, we are a soft bunch.

Can't just be in 1 week and out the next, can they ?
I mean it should be reviewed in say 100 years whichever way it goes.

I am glad to see the Westminster politicians have got off their fat behinds to actually try and hold the team together. It is a sad indictment of an out-of-touch Parliament that it should ever come to this. Or is that rascally Salmon greedy for wealth and power ?

OR

maybe Edinburgh - in
Glasgow - out