Scosey Farewell (ish)

What happened to the brambles post ? Who removed it and why ?

Surely it's possible to express an opinion without censorship or the threat of a ban ?

But of course that's not the sort of content that people welcome. They'd rather have an article on how much I made trading forex and how easy it was (just 15 minutes a day).
Hi Peebee,
I know you already know why we don't have such articles but, for the benefit of subscribers to the thread who may not know, the reason is that we can't afford the litigation battle that is likely to ensue. However, we are very aware of the scam issue and do a lot more than most other sites to alert our members to the problem. Besides the numerous threads by you and others, within the Articles section itself, there are these 2 contributions:
Forex Scams - How to Spot them a Mile Away
Spotting a Forex Scam

In the Trading FAQs forum we have these 2 threads:
How Can I Distinguish Between Scams and Reputable Vendors?
Can You Recommend a Mentor, Coach or Trading Course?

If you feel the FAQs are inaccurate or need updating in some way, please let me know and I'll do it. Failing that, you're always welcome to post to the actual thread of course. If you feel you can add anything not covered by the two articles listed, please write one of your own and submit it. I'll stick my neck out and say that unless there's a very good reason not to - we would almost certainly publish it.
;)
Tim.

What happened to the brambles post ? Who removed it and why ?

Surely it's possible to express an opinion without censorship or the threat of a ban ?

I deleted it, hare.

expressing an opinion is one thing - gratuitous insult and rudeness to someone trying to do their best is quite another.

why brambs, my dear chap, i thought you'd come back to help lift the quality of posts :) seems not :LOL:

Must be time for a wasp-style syndicate (oh no, sorry, forgot, you don't get banned for that). How about some slagging off the the rip-off scam vendors? PeeBee, please let me have the list of names and I'll keep posting them until I get a result.

Must be time for a wasp-style syndicate (oh no, sorry, forgot, you don't get banned for that). How about some slagging off the the rip-off scam vendors? PeeBee, please let me have the list of names and I'll keep posting them until I get a result.

Oh this one will do it for you.

Superfundfx partner offer.

Tellme more about Superfundfx partner offer. Is there a thread that Jon hasn't deleted on here somewhere that gives me the information I need to avoid falling into a trap?

Oh, and what community was that, LM? The one that just wanted a dirty laugh, talked about anything but trading and slagged off anyone who did, who never looked at anything a "vendor" might have to say about trading but were just happy to pillory all of them crooks, who just rubbished and insulted anyone who thought they had "found" something without any constructive criticism, who ignored cries for help other than telling them to get lost, etc, etc? No surprise "vendors" are filling the void if that's all the community could offer.

Fortunately there is still a good "community spirit" alive and well - take a look at flashy's thread or the ftse one for example if you doubt it.

i'm not talking of the dirty stuff, it goes without saying that all filth should be deleted. i'm talking of the community as a whole and the impact the changes have delivered to the existing community as was.

for sure there's still the older, pre change threads that continue unaffected. to be honest it's very rare for these threads to be affected by any disruptive influence re board changes or lulz/sport or whatever one wants to call it.

of old i would say that the yearly dow threads are prime examples. as of now we have Pat494's S&P 500 weekly competition, robster970's S&P 500 & other indexes, flash's Live Trading and General Chat Lounge.

usually the affected threads are when members cry foul due to the content of the thread starters post, or how op conducts themselves thereafter the first post. as you well know, there's often a vending or scam element in the threads that degenerate most of the time. the t2w community is well known for sniffing out the dodgy poster.

the busting up of the community is a reference to the way that the boards have been chopped up and spread about. an ill conceived kind of sprinkling of the good prosperous bits throughout the boards to try and get chats going in the stale less frequented parts. eg have you not noticed the loss of the forex section at all? a prosperous community in itself, all broken and scattered.

Last edited:
Tellme more about Superfundfx partner offer. Is there a thread that Jon hasn't deleted on here somewhere that gives me the information I need to avoid falling into a trap?

Actually it appears there isn't. I recall all the threads were deleted but one was reinstated after much back and forth with Timsk or Barjon. Maybe it's been deleted again or maybe I just can't find it.

Actually it appears there isn't. I recall all the threads were deleted but one was reinstated after much back and forth with Timsk or Barjon. Maybe it's been deleted again or maybe I just can't find it.

was that the shewolf thread, if so it's gone again.

Anyone surprised?
Bamboozled while we weren't looking. Same mo as it has been, threads are removed after they get to page 2 so no one notices.

Peter

Nothing bamboozling about it. I reinstated it, but it has now been deleted by admin for legal action reasons. I'm asking admin if we can't leave the thread title (or a notice if the title itself is legally challenged) so that everyone knows what's what.

Don't we have some sort of legal immunity from Australian legal action given how we sent them all there in the first place for doing this sort of thing?