Scosey Farewell (ish)

I've figured it out!!!!!

The Content Manager's role is to stir up the sh*t with blind, illogical arguments so that users start posting again!

after the destruction of much community spirit let's look on the bright side. vendors are joining, filling the void and posting in droves (y)

...how interesting :(

Oh, and what community was that, LM? The one that just wanted a dirty laugh, talked about anything but trading and slagged off anyone who did, who never looked at anything a "vendor" might have to say about trading but were just happy to pillory all of them crooks, who just rubbished and insulted anyone who thought they had "found" something without any constructive criticism, who ignored cries for help other than telling them to get lost, etc, etc? No surprise "vendors" are filling the void if that's all the community could offer.

Fortunately there is still a good "community spirit" alive and well - take a look at flashy's thread or the ftse one for example if you doubt it.

who never looked at anything a "vendor" might have to say about trading but were just happy to pillory all of them crooks

You'll recall I looked at rather a lot of them and we know how that worked out. Little wonder they are treated with utter contempt now. It's a bit like saying the Nazis weren't all bad. I'm sure they weren't but given what we know now we're unlikely to 'just give them a chance to prove themselves' the next time they show up.

Fortunately there is still a good "community spirit" alive and well - take a look at flashy's thread or the ftse one for example if you doubt it.
Disagree regarding any community spirit, and unfortunately for you, so it would seem to the majority of the more active members.

Do agree that Flashy does a good job and tends to steer clear of non-trading related skirmishes, so much respect to him for that. But it’s a poor state of affairs when you are able to count the ‘good’ threads on the fingers of two fingers.

Was a time when the majority of threads, albeit far fewer in number, were far more active and interesting.

Before lashing out once again at the membership for the woefully declining standards, you might want to look at why it was working so well then. You were just a rank-and-file member like the rest of us back then Jon and the moderators were light of touch, impartial and most importantly, not obsessed with control. Now you act like lord and master. Same goes for Timsk-the-slack-line. Maybe time a change of hands?

You'll recall I looked at rather a lot of them and we know how that worked out. Little wonder they are treated with utter contempt now. It's a bit like saying the Nazis weren't all bad. I'm sure they weren't but given what we know now we're unlikely to 'just give them a chance to prove themselves' the next time they show up.

I don't dispute that, peebee , but what I do object to is writing people off just because they are (or might be) selling something. Yes, their marketing may be wildly over the top. Yes, the product may be dubious and yes, there are plenty of downright crooked dealers. Nonetheless, there are respectable products out there and the debate should centre around the pros and cons of that in my mind.

Disagree regarding any community spirit, and unfortunately for you, so it would seem to the majority of the more active members.

Do agree that Flashy does a good job and tends to steer clear of non-trading related skirmishes, so much respect to him for that. But it’s a poor state of affairs when you are able to count the ‘good’ threads on the fingers of two fingers.

Was a time when the majority of threads, albeit far fewer in number, were far more active and interesting.

Before lashing out once again at the membership for the woefully declining standards, you might want to look at why it was working so well then. You were just a rank-and-file member like the rest of us back then Jon and the moderators were light of touch, impartial and most importantly, not obsessed with control. Now you act like lord and master. Same goes for Timsk-the-slack-line. Maybe time a change of hands?

A light touch was easy, brambs, in the good old days when everyone wanted to talk about trading and were pretty civilised about it even when mounting the fiercest criticism. Personally, I'm not obsessed with control, just obsessed with trying to keep the thing within reasonable bounds :LOL:

You have a short memory then for someone who was on the proles side of the fence during the Bertie era. The various melees were allowed (for the most part) to run their course - over a number of years.

Just remembered by way of a potential proof and support for my suggestion for a lighter touch which I make above, you'll recall the only time it got out of control was when a love-struck mod decided to get OTT heavy with the members in support of her trading-amore.

The fracas which followed was then as it is now a response to over-zealous and what is seen as far from impartial moderation rather than inter-membership or content issues. Also these days exacerbated by stealth and moan modding from staff.

Vendors do enter t2w at their risk, but those that have a genuine product or service to offer should be able to stand up to the mere sticks & stones of members’ challenges without crying.

Equally the morons and idiots (which is where I started) – let them all stand on their own two feet (as we all had and still have to) or let them be put off with the first wave of robust riposte. If that’s all it takes to send them crying to mummy, then they’re not the stuff a trading website needs anyway.

I guess I’m just saying t2w would be all the better for being more like real life.

Timsk-the-slack-line. Maybe time a change of hands?
Bramble,
If you - or anyone else for that mater - thinks they can do a better job than me, then by all means contact Steve and tell him. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I won't wait to be pushed, I'll happily stand aside if there's someone in the wings that can do a better job than me and really improve the site. In the meantime, I welcome suggestions of anything I can do (that I'm not doing) that will make the site a better place. I expect this to be met with comments like 'the best thing you can do for T2W would be to stick your head in a bucket of water 3 times and only take it out twice' etc. By all means indulge in lulz if you want but, what's sad is that whenever I've made this sort of appeal before, aside from lulz, those that are most vociferous on these forums suddenly fall very silent.
Tim.

Tim, it's not a case of anyone doing 'better' or not. You're not doing a good job so just your stopping would improve the site.

It's only your ego that prevents you from doing the obvious thing.

Bramble
Tim, it's not a case of anyone doing 'better' or not. You're not doing a good job so just your stopping would improve the site..
Please enlighten us all. What specifically am I doing that the site would benefit from if I desisted from doing it? Besides which, what criteria do you judge that I'm not doing a good job?

It's only your ego that prevents you from doing the obvious thing.
. . . and it's only your ego that brings you back here. I hate to disappoint you, but I'm not the suicidal sort.
:LOL:

Bramble

Please enlighten us all. What specifically am I doing that the site would benefit from if I desisted from doing it? Besides which, what criteria do you judge that I'm not doing a good job?
What specifically are you doing that we would all benefit from your stopping? Irritating us.

What criteria do I use (not judge) to establish you’re not doing a good job? The quality of content has nose-dived since you took your staff position as content manager. How do I judge that quality? By simple comparison to what I consider is good and what I enjoy reading and find useful. You manage to side-step all of those criteria.

. . . and it's only your ego that brings you back here. I hate to disappoint you, but I'm not the suicidal sort.
:LOL:
Very true. We all get what we get from the site. It’s not your suicide I’m recommending. Just stop trying to provide content. The articles are lame.

Bramble,
What specifically are you doing that we would all benefit from your stopping? Irritating us.
3 words: pot, kettle, black.

What criteria do I use (not judge) to establish you’re not doing a good job? The quality of content has nose-dived since you took your staff position as content manager. How do I judge that quality? By simple comparison to what I consider is good and what I enjoy reading and find useful. You manage to side-step all of those criteria.
Aha, I think I see the problem; you misunderstand what I do. Based on my job title, you appear to be under the impression that I have control over who joins the site and what they post. Unfortunately, I have none at all.

Very true. We all get what we get from the site. It’s not your suicide I’m recommending. Just stop trying to provide content. The articles are lame.
The content that I personally provide has been largely well received. Everything I write comes with an plea for members to get in touch if there are inaccuracies, mistakes or misleading information etc. Since I've been in post, only one member has ever done this. With regard to the articles, they were a feature of the site long before I was appointed. Again, another oft repeated plea: if you or anyone other member thinks they can do better - please submit your article(s). We especially welcome 'home grown' content.
Tim.

It probably comes as no surprise but I'm in complete agreement with the bramble.

At the end of the day we can only judge the success or otherwise of the current strategy by t2w's financial results. Those numbers will either prove Tim's assertions correct, or they won't

Time will tell, and there's no place to hide

The main reason people (aspiring, experienced and the rest) come to a trading forum is surely to talk/learn about trading? If this is not the case then might as well move on and find somewhere else.

The comments about articles are unfortunately true (in the most part), they are directed at certain level traders, and are hooked with some dudes homepage, which low and behold introduces them to the world of pay for services. Ill post a link here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/articles/146210-hidden-strengths-volume-analysis-part-2-a.html

At the time I tried to generate some debate, but the guy was not really interested. I was showing him facts, but these points kept being swept under the carpet. I could see that he was not interested in communicating with someone whom might have a bit of knowledge/experience, the play here was to hook in new (ish) traders by using some highly sought after subject as bait.

Maybe Im thinking too much like a conspiracy theorist, but this is a dirty business. Once you have walked the walk you can see through all this, and this is why I believe that so many get beyond the point of frustration and join in the lulz. Which is a shame as Im sure this was not the intention back in 2000.

But I do ask this to the more experienced folk out there;

If you could start 3 threads to benefit the audience, what would they be?

Obviously we would have to really be precise as to whom the audience is/are.

The hard part for a content manager is being able to know what is good quality and what qualifies someone to make the decision on this. I totally agree this is not easy, its a jigsaw of many pieces, but the truth is that there is very little of value on the site in pure trading terms (at the momet). But there has been in the past, so it is possible to achieve again.

But I do ask this to the more experienced folk out there;

Get offline, read some books, get involved in the market.

When/why are you getting in? When/why are you getting out?

How are you gonna manage your risk in the meantime?

What else is there to know? This site is largely full of shizen.

I'm drunk by the way so do not attemt to engage in conversatojn with me

1. Exposé of how retail forex brokers including FXCM have used the virtual dealer plugin to defraud clients.

2. Exposé of a certain training guru (with a helicopter) who cannot be named and how he and the other trainers use fraud to rip off the public.

3. Exposé of how many managed forex accounts end up being scams.

But of course that's not the sort of content that people welcome. They'd rather have an article on how much I made trading forex and how easy it was (just 15 minutes a day).