S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2022

Dear Atilla, I am not a Russian competitor either :)
I guessed the correct direction two times out of three, my score should not be -1. I can withstand the disappointment of not getting any medals, but your magnifying glass used on July 9 made me upset :)

Hi Snowsword,

Very sorry and I do see on 9th July you did get 8th July call direction correct and should have been awarded 1 point instead of a -1 deduction.

I've now corrected the scoreboard.

Thank you very much for letting me know and I can assure you it is not because of your sword-wielding or possibly Russian origins or anything else come to that. :)

If you can all continue double-checking scoring for your selves, it'll help me keep my footing on the straight and narrow path. (y)

Quarter 3 - Leaderboard.
1658055402840.png

2022 - Overall Leaderboard
1658055487613.png

Argggh!
Missed the boat - again!

Got caught elsewhere before I realised it was then well past the entry deadline.

Argggh!
Missed the boat - again!

Got caught elsewhere before I realised it was then well past the entry deadline.

Hi Velo,

I'm sure the field wd allow your forecast if its couple of hours late once in a while. Has been known to happen.

Also guys I will not be able to do the write up until Sunday this week. I find my self in alien territory.

:)

Thanks, Atilla. I'll bear that in mind.

- But only if I'm a little bit late and not as badly far gone, as I was this week.

Hi Everyone, please find week 29, forecasts and results in one table below.

1nvest takes the gold medal. I-Cats Paw-I the silver and CV the bronze. Good call for the only three bulls rewarded with valuable points. 👏👏👏

1658678861875.png

6 bears get zilch this week.

1658678960442.png

Back to normal next week. :)
Do keep those forecasts coming.

Leader board for Quarter-3
1658679004306.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Looks like you forgot me :) US market opened at 3:30 p.m. AFAIK (or 4:30 p.m. GMT?)
View attachment 320325
Very sorry Cat's Paw. Probably because I rushed it.

I've now updated the tables above.

US markets open 14:30 GMT time. You were a little late but unless the results are very close and influence prizes most will not mind if I include it in the competition. If there are objections then we put it to a vote.

(y)

Congrats to last week's bull forecasters! Let's see if we can get some follow through on the bull side next week.

Next week ==> 4050 ⬆️

Attachments

• 7-29-2022 SPX Forecast.png
    7-29-2022 SPX Forecast.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 37
3895 for me. (n)

A busy week of news this week. Can't imagine it's all going to be spiffing good! :unsure:

Looking like I could miss the deadline again if not careful, so uncharacteristically, slapping in my entry right now, of -

==============

I too, would have been a bull last week, if I'd made the deadline in time
( It was 3920 a repeat of the prior week)

(Fed meeting this week (26 & 27th)

Hello all you fab forecasters, trying to catchup on the old routine and here are week 30, numbers.

We have 6 bulls and 4 bears. Cat's Paw is mighty bullish with 234 ticks in the North direction versus Weighted Average, 169 ticks due South. That's a whopping 403 point variance so big difference of opinions.

As it happens the market is just up 45 points from last weeks close. Isn't that marvellous. Big difference in views and markets says nope. Ain't moving. 0.75 basis point Fed rise really well factored in.

Wishing you all good fortunes. :)

1659003181712.png

Last edited: