S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2022

Here are some numbers from the competition table folks.

League Table sorted in order of Running Total for the year.
View attachment 319423

Quick reminder, there is a $50 Amazon Voucher price money for the winner of each quarter.

Also, $100 for the final end of year podium winners, to be split in $50:$30:$20 ratios for 1st, 2nd and 3rd position in points.

Where there is a draw then the difference in gold medals will decide the winning positions.

We decided to pay all winnings at the end of the year. The annual $300 prize money is awarded by T2W.

(y):)(y)

This competition is to improve consistency in getting the trend right and forecasting trading ranges and market closing prices. Forecasting, recording and looking at these numbers over a good many years, I can sincerely state it has changed my view helping me trade better too.

I look ahead to what news announcements are in the pipeline and in particular observe trends and I favour Pivot Points a lot, picking closing levels based on PPs. PPs are also great S/R levels for turning points.

Sometimes I wonder why we don't have more bloggers forecasting?

Perhaps the answer is that it requires discipline and consistency. To be motivated enough to put the effort in. There is public humiliation too as CV and I know too well. It's all in the best possible taste, so ignore the tit-for-tats as CV is great most of the time. 😁

Anyhow, this competition is not about the money but more about learning to get trends and consistency right. Hence, the little prize money is only for those who can stay the course.

Hi Att,
minor detail, but 2_bit forecast direction was down, market went up, therefore they should be -1

Barjon CC and Cav seem to have dropped off the radar. Is it worth a PM to rally the comp troops?

Hi Att,
minor detail, but 2_bit forecast direction was down, market went up, therefore they should be -1

Barjon CC and Cav seem to have dropped off the radar. Is it worth a PM to rally the comp troops?

Thanks CV, I've updated 2-bits -1 point.

I've removed the others because it just makes the whole table look odd and skews averages.

Still have their stats what with no show, not worth keeping them imo.

1656168826877.png

I think Barjon is peeved off with me, no idea why? Something to do with Bliar possibly...

If you can rally the forecasters all good with me.

Sometimes I think persisting with this forecasting competition must be like serving time. ;)

4100 please. Let's see if I can at least get correct direction this week:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 7-1-2022 SPX Forecast.png
    7-1-2022 SPX Forecast.png
    115 KB · Views: 46
Thanks CV, I've updated 2-bits -1 point.

I've removed the others because it just makes the whole table look odd and skews averages.

Still have their stats what with no show, not worth keeping them imo.

View attachment 319426

I think Barjon is peeved off with me, no idea why? Something to do with Bliar possibly...

If you can rally the forecasters all good with me.

Sometimes I think persisting with this forecasting competition must be like serving time. ;)
2_bit forecast came in on last Tuesday so it should be taken for this week, not for last week, because of the delay :)

And now it is overwritten

4023 for me :)
2_bit forecast came in on last Tuesday so it should be taken for this week, not for last week, because of the delay :)

And now it is overwritten

Last Monday was holiday and sow was Tuesday, so it was valid Cat's Paw.

1656318792068.png

Hello to all you fab forecasters. Here we go kicking off Quarter-3 - SPX-500 weekly close cash call competition.

We have 10 bulls and one bear CV. There is 261 point variance in the forecasts. Not much in it given the first day of the week.

Wishing you all prosperous trading and happy sunny days. :)

1656368717959.png

CV finds his mojo in Week 26, great call dude. The outlier. The salmon swimming against the current takes the gold medal. Just 13 ticks away from close. Well done. 👏👏(y):)

CV
1656712473855.png

1656712414682.png

Quarter-3, League Table

1656712742612.png

Good call CV! (y)

Thought when 3700's first showed up we are all gonna get a -1 point, and CV would win only by default.
But that late rise in the US afternoon proved what a great call CV put in.
Well done.