S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2022

3960 for me. We've got to see a pull back-UP!!! Don't we??? :oops::rolleyes::eek:

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

We have just 5 weeks forecasts left for reaching the mid-point of 2022 and end of Quarter 2. Isn't it amazing just how fast time whizzes bye.

In week 22, we have 8 bulls and 2 bears. CV has gone against the field sticking to the Black Box Trend Following System. Could we possibly have 8 consecutive down weeks for the SPX500?

Been playing this comp for good many years now and I don't recall such a run, up or down before. We are in strange eerie times of uncertainty.

Here is the full table and wishing you all good prosperous trading. Keep your shirts on! :)

1653339285559.png

Well done to I-Cat's Paw-I who takes the top spot and the gold medal on the podium this week. He was the most optimistic of us and still, SPX bounced so high coming to rest another 61 points higher.

Velo in second place takes the silver and Snowsword the bronze medals and valuable points. Good call guys. 👏👏👏

1653771797699.png

Quarter 2 - Forecasts, points and medals table.
1653771086879.png

With just 4 weeks forecast left the league table looks very close at the top. With 16 maximum points on the table and a potential -4 loss. pretty much any one can win.

What is strange is last quarter's winner CV is in negative figures and that's not good. It implies the market has changed but our dear ol CV has not. Not bragging or anything but isn't it delightful to get the boot in when someone is down. ;):D(y)

Quarter 2 - Points Leader Board
1653771240063.png

My submission this week is:

---------

Have you noticed the optical illusion in this week's results board?
3 medal winners - and 4 winners names mentioned :)

- or is there?
Can you spot the fourth name in the image? . . . Stanford or Stanlord ? :)

Strange. The TV finance channels are showing general nonsense.

Googled and it's Memorial Day, a public holiday in the USA today.
(Says stock markets in the US are closed today)

- but I see futures are running normally, with the S&P500 running in the 4160's as I type.

Strange. The TV finance channels are showing general nonsense.

Googled and it's Memorial Day, a public holiday in the USA today.
(Says stock markets in the US are closed today)

- but I see futures are running normally, with the S&P500 running in the 4160's as I type.
It should be because the EU market was trading.

My submission this week is:

---------

Have you noticed the optical illusion in this week's results board?
3 medal winners - and 4 winners names mentioned :)

- or is there?
Can you spot the fourth name in the image? . . . Stanford or Stanlord ? :)
Yes well spotted I did notice that but decided not to try and integrate.

I feared you'd notice Snowsword name in Silver lining instead of bronze. Phew. Glad you missed that one :)

Hi Everyone,

Here are the forecasts for Week 22 - almost half way through the year.

We have 9 bulls v 1 bear - legendary grizzly CV...

I reckon the dead-cat bounce is still in place but this week may be touch and go.

1654015605847.png

Wishing you all the best :)

Well done to CV who take the only medal this week for getting the direction right. (y):giggle:(y)
Pulling him self up off the floor, with his bootstraps. Good call CV.

The rest of us get humble pie losing 1 point.

1654349939604.png

1654349547283.png

Quarter 2 - League Table
1654350025298.png

Last edited: