S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2022

the weekly close was 4392.6? that should make myself, you and CV as 1st,2nd 3rd

Okay thanks 1nvest, have just identified issue.

Formula was still pointing to R14 last weeks closing price and not this weeks R15 close.

Sorted now.

1650052189699.png

Last edited:
Arrrrrgh! . . . :eek: - It's open!

Thought US markets would be closed on Easter Monday!
Pffttt! For an avowed, religiously overt Christian country, clearly, they don't believe in the resurrection then, do they? (Bleedin' religious part-timers! )

My bet this week is for 4328.

- But clearly, I'm way too late to enter.
So if Atilla rules I've "overslept" and missed the entry cut-off, I will of course accept and abide by that ruling. But is the back door open?

Am I the only one who thought US markets would be closed today?

Last edited:
Arrrrrgh! . . . :eek: - It's open!

Thought US markets would be closed on Easter Monday!
Pffttt! For an avowed, religiously overt Christian country, clearly, they don't believe in the resurrection then, do they? (Bleedin' religious part-timers! )

My bet this week is for 4328.

- But clearly, I'm way too late to enter.
So if Atilla rules I've "overslept" and missed the entry cut-off, I will of course accept and abide by that ruling. But is the back door open?

Am I the only one who thought US markets would be closed today?
I don't think you are alone Velo.

I'll happily accept as it is early in the quarter and not likely to be a decider.

If anybody objects please do shout out. We can put it to a vote or Room 101.

Notice you've turned bearish so good luck with that too. :)

Thanks Atilla. If others object I'm okay abiding with their objections.

It's not so much I've turned bullish, (oops meant bearish) as I'm remaining outwardly bullish for the month ending of April - at least until events prove otherwise, but realise the change in trend to bullish could just as easily be very much later in the month. If at all :)

Last edited:
Thanks Atilla. If others object I'm okay abiding with their objections.

It's not so much I've turned bullish, as I'm remain outwardly bullish for the month ending of April - at least until events prove otherwise, but realise the change in trend to bullish could just as easily be very much later in the month. If at all :)

I said you turned bearish - so you are still bullish for April. Not long to go... :)(y)

Hey guys, given the Easter Bank Holiday quite a few peeps forgot to enter forecast in time but I'm happy to accept all these unless anyone has any objections. Trust that's ok with you all?

@AC007 I see you have entered two forecasts. I can only accept one and will take the most recent one as your entry ie. 4425.

Hey Guys,

Here are the belated forecasts for week 16. Sorry for running late with the posting, it has been a bizi week for me.

CV is clinging on to his fours and continues practising his dark magic with the numbers. 5 4s don't add up to me but I'm sure he has his reasons for being the most bullish. On the other end of the spectrum, we have Velo who is more pessimistic than CV is optimistic. All very confusing.

Weighted Average is to the upside so fingers crossed the market will close higher before compiling to a poohey goohey stuff anytime soon over this summer.

Wishing you all prosperous trading and sunny days.

1650566614025.png

Well done to our new comer Velo who takes his first gold medal on the podium being the most bearish of us all. (y):)(y)

The market really took a dislike to Fed's speel that's for sure.

BB_Tfs_V2 takes the silver and 1nvest the bronze medals. (y)(y)

1650666084197.png

Results table...

1650665578139.png

1nvest now takes the lead for Quarter 2 with 6 points.

1650665735095.png