S&P500 Hourly Turns

hwsteele

Experienced member
I thought I would give forecasting hourly turns for the S&P500 a shot just for the heck of it. I know I won't catch all of the turns but the forecasts I give should turn the market most of the time.( As if I was the one turning the market:cheesy:)
All times given are Eastern Standard Time as to line up with the New York Stock Exchange.

10-6 shows 2:00P.M.
10-7 open and then 10:00 to 10:30A.M.
10-8 2:30P.M.
10-9 10:30 to 11:00A.M. and 2:30P.M.
10-10 12:00noon

The turn forecast today "turned" out to be mostly good. The market was in a range from about 1028 to 1032 before two and then at two traded down to the day's low. It then turned around and headed back up 50 points to close a little above the 1050 main pivot number.
Tuesday the pivots show to be the open and then 10:00 to 10:30 so I would guess the market will trade down 'til about the 10:00 to 10:30 time frame and then turn up for the day.
We could see the market go down to 1037 and then up for the rest of the day.

The market turned down about 15 minutes after it opened and then retraced two thirds back up then at 10:30 turned down again. Both forecast times were good but not great.
Wednesday shows a 2:30 turn so watch for that.

It took me a LONG time to figure out the forecasting methods I use now. It's not that they are the greatest ever or I am the only person to figure them out, but I do guard them closely as I do not want to be ridiculed for them any more. Not that you have at all but it has happened before.
Sorry to say I don't feel as though I would like to give them away at this time. I hope you understand.

It took me a LONG time to figure out the forecasting methods I use now. It's not that they are the greatest ever or I am the only person to figure them out, but I do guard them closely as I do not want to be ridiculed for them any more. Not that you have at all but it has happened before.
Sorry to say I don't feel as though I would like to give them away at this time. I hope you understand.

Yes i do understand
it will be interesting to see how it works out
I have been trying to work it out using a daily range
and pivots

Not to give myself away but you might not want to confine your calculation for forecasting turning points to just 1 day at a time. More along the lines of treating each main swing as a day regardless of how many hours it takes.

Last edited:
Not to give myself away but you might not want to confine your calculation for forecasting turning points to just 1 day at a time. More along the lines of treating each main swing as a day regardless of how many hours it takes.

thanks for that
I am working in the uk , and on uk time

Last edited:
Today we did have a turn at 2:30 forecast. It was good for about 15 points. Thursday I show three turning points at 10:30, 11:00, and 2:30. Lets see how that turns out.
Todays 2:30 turn happened when price was right on the 1020.50 minor pivot level.

Last edited:
Well the 11:00 turn was the only one that the market turned with the other two were of no effect. The big move down today started at 1:30 not 2:30.
Friday shows a 12:00P.M. turn.

The 12:00 forecast was a good one with about a 30 point move after the turn.

Look for 10:15 time frame tomorrow in the morning in addition to the opening.

Both the open and the 10:15 turn times worked out today.
Look for turns at the following times on Monday:
10:50-11:00
12:25-12:30
1:00