S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2016 with PRIZES!

well if you make forecasts this year similar to that of fund managers....youre probably wrong.

Here we go then!

Well done Pat with a Golden forecast off by just 1.59 points :clap: :clap: :clap:

I managed to pick up Silver.

TwinToWin 'leaves' with Bronze (you see what I did there :LOL:).

What a week, a 76 point drop on the last day, which we all expected. :whistling

Attachments

• Brexit.jpg
    Brexit.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited by a moderator:
Vot about ze bunce , I hear you say ? Not much if the EU gets nasty. Overfly Europe charge ? Right, we can charge their flights to Iceland and Scotland and .........the North Pole. So there. lol

I don't suppose some bright spark might eat a bit of humble pie and promise to upgrade the EU shambles in the NEAR future. Oh no much too subtle. Can they pull their heads out of their a*r*es ?

:LOL:

Last edited:
Now it is time for me to blow my own trumpet as it were...

Attachments

• byot.jpg
    byot.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 114
Result at the end of the second quarter !

First place Postman on 14 points with 3 Golds and 2 Silvers in the quarter. :clap:
3 people tie for 2nd place on 10 points, Behzadi, mike and pat494.

This means Pat is currently still in the lead for the yearly prize and he has the most medals.

Attachments

• bigp.jpg
    bigp.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 86
the ruling on south china sea is due any day now. China essentially says it wont respect the ruling. The US is beefing up intimidation tactics....but we may see a serious proxy confrontation. Once mainstream media stops hiding these developments things will get scary. Expect markets to prepare accordingly.

reuters

U.S. officials have warned China against declaring an air defense identification zone in the South China Sea, as it did in the East China Sea in 2013, and against stepping up its building and fortification of artificial islands.

They say that beyond diplomatic pressure, the U.S. response to such moves could include accelerated "freedom-of-navigation" patrols by U.S. warships and overflights by U.S. aircraft as well as increased defense aid to Southeast Asian countries.

Willett said that while it was still unclear how the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague would rule, "it isn't in (China's) interest to take additional provocative actions" after it does.

Willett reiterated the U.S. view that the ruling must be binding. She declined to detail how the United States might respond should Beijing stick to its vow to ignore the ruling, but said: "I do think it’s an important inflexion point, not just for the United States, but for the whole region."

Willett said Washington hoped China would see the ruling as "an opportunity to restart serious discussions with their neighbors."

China has accused the United States of "hyping" the issue and warned in May that international complaints about its actions in the South China Sea would snap back on its critics. But it has largely avoided specific threats of how it might respond to the arbitration ruling.

On Monday, U.S. Navy chief Admiral John Richardson said China's large-scale land reclamation in the South China Sea and militarization of artificial islands had extended its potential ability to deny access to some of the world's busiest shipping lanes.

The U.S. aircraft carriers John C. Stennis and Ronald Reagan staged joint operations last weekend in seas east of the Philippines in a show of strength ahead of The Hague ruling, prompting strong Chinese criticism.

China has listed more than 40 countries it says supports its position on the arbitration case. Willett said it was not even clear what those countries "have allegedly agreed to."

"There's some skepticism about that grouping," she said.

Only eight countries have publicly supported China's position, including land-locked states such as Niger and Afghanistan, according to Washington's Center for Strategic and International Studies.

Willett played down an apparent display of disunity by Southeast Asian countries last week. The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), following a foreign ministers meeting in China, issued and then abruptly withdrew a statement that expressed deep concerns over tensions in the South China Sea, a retraction widely seen as the result of Chinese pressure.

A senior U.S. official said ASEAN countries were "under an intense amount of pressure" and made clear that behind the scenes, Washington was working to stiffen their resolve