S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014 with PRIZES!

Hi Guys,

League table updated with forecasts with bulls to bears.

This week's biggest bull is Samspade and baddest teddy is Malaguti.

Wishing you all good luck (y)

Hey guys :)
Sorry for the no show past 2 weeks. I've been mad busy since the holiday weekend here which is a good sign. And of course I watched just about every game of the World Cup :) Business is settling back down to normal summer levels now so I'll have some time to post again!!

Peter

Interesting week in the markets and true to form having made high of 1984 sank to a weekly low on Thursday to 1956 only to recover the next day to 1978. We've had these a good few times if I recall correctly.

Sadly Weighted Average takes gold on the podium this week but on the good side Postman takes the lead on the league tables. Lexcorp takes silver.

......................................Weighted Average
...........Lexcorp......................................................Postman
big3-02.jpg

League Table is here...

Whilst yours trully is dissapointed after counting his eggs before they hatch. Hammer Time doesn't quite feel the same anymore.

Last edited:
I really don't see why you are knocking my weighted average. The playing field is truly flat and the sum result of ALL our efforts.

I am amazed they are as good as they are, but definately a plus to compete with imho.

I really don't see why you are knocking my weighted average. The playing field is truly flat and the sum result of ALL our efforts.

I am amazed they are as good as they are, but definately a plus to compete with imho.

Both averages are overall leaders for the year with 41 points each and the nearest, less than average human is Gaffs.

Both the Average and Weighted Average have won the last two quarters competition.

This makes us all individually below average. :(

I'm wondering if it is;

1. the weighted system average formula
2. the forecasting pack or
3. quirk of statistics and 95% bell curve distribution at work

Either way I would prefer to see humanoid's rise above a simple average ;)

Both averages are overall leaders for the year with 41 points each and the nearest, less than average human is Gaffs.

Both the Average and Weighted Average have won the last two quarters competition.

This makes us all individually below average. :(

I'm wondering if it is;

1. the weighted system average formula
2. the forecasting pack or
3. quirk of statistics and 95% bell curve distribution at work

Either way I would prefer to see humanoid's rise above a simple average ;)

It is obvious we could all do with better systems. Quite what, I have no idea but some bright spark will produce one soon, just hope one can find it.
Not too difficult or new if one can get say 5+ people to work togethor. Perhaps in a propriety office or even better online.
:idea:

1988 - New licensing laws allow pubs to stay open all day in England and Wales.
hic hic hooray

Are procrastinators allowed or does this competition discriminate against us :whistling

Peter

Are procrastinators allowed or does this competition discriminate against us :whistling

Peter

Oh dear :-0
earlyriser-300x200.jpg

Sleepy baby syndrome :cheesy:

Sorry matey, but having been strict on a few others, despite you having missed good many weeks, I hate to say n-o...

Unless of course, you all stand up and shout;

Oi NOOOO! Let Wacky play!

I'm all ears :innocent:

Hi guys,

League tables updated as usual. Sampsade is the biggest bull and me the baddest paw paw.

Not sure how this weekend is going to pan out as I'm away in the deep wilderness so wireless access likely to be hit and miss.

Please do continue to forecast as usual and I'll play catch up on Monday.

Wishing you all good luck. Stay chilled with a frosty pint of Heineken ;)

Hi guys,
League tables[/URL] updated as usual. Sampsade is the biggest bull and me the baddest paw paw.

Not sure how this weekend is going to pan out as I'm away in the deep wilderness so wireless access likely to be hit and miss.

Please do continue to forecast as usual and I'll play catch up on Monday.

Wishing you all good luck. Stay chilled with a frosty pint of Heineken ;)

1956 again please