Richard Joyson aka Mr Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little over 5 years since I started swing trading leading to day trading. Although I lost huge long ago as a teenager with penny stocks as well, so I could say 6-7 years if I wanted to self-promote like a lot of folks do. You?

About 12 yrs on and off, and even then, part time, usually in blocks or around political events.

It does take a long time to really suss out what matters and to put all the pieces together. Even when flying, it's possible to get hit by a sidewinder. Have to be on guard at all times.

petetrades,
I'd also like to add if any poster gets preferential treatment from a moderator/site owner/administrator that should be an immediate red flag warranting suspicion and skeptical inquiry.
Agreed. And it doesn't happen here (see c_v's comment about cutting some slack).

basically the longer a poster has been sheltered on a trading forum the more the trading forum has a vested interest and an inherent conflict-of-interest in protecting that poster.
Potentially, you're correct. However, we have an extremely effective measure in place to ensure this never happens. Staff (like me) and Moderators (like c_v) operate completely independently of one another. The latter live and breathe by the Community Constitution and anyone - regardless of whether they are staff or long term members like dbphoenix - have to abide by it. Breaches of it are dealt completely impartially by the Mods.

There are precious few perks to being a Mod and, one of their rare joys is having the opportunity to edit or delete a post by a member of staff. So, if anything, Mods are harder on staff than they are on non-staff members. This is as it should be, not least to help avoid the very criticism you're making here.

Regarding double standards and bad attitudes, read above conersation with timsk.
There are no double standards for the reasons outlined above. If there's anything in any of my posts to this thread or elsewhere that makes you think otherwise, kindly highlight them and I will gladly add clarity to any points made and do whatever else I can to correct this most unfortunate and completely false impression.
Tim.

Alot of misunderstanding here . Even if a member did abide by the t2w constitution that doesn't mean he/she cant be criticized . The posts here arent asking for a certain member to be banned , there's a big difference .

. In the meantime, we all get to benefit from their immense knowledge and trading expertise. T2W and it's members are the net winners here.

Immense knowledge and trading expertise?

Someone needs to look up the definition of the word Charlatan.

And also look up Gullible while you are it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BF2
Immense knowledge and trading expertise?

Someone needs to look up the definition of the word Charlatan.

And also look up Gullible while you are it.

Hopefully dbphoenix gets a tradingschools.org review. That would be a first, a forum hobo without a website but review worthy nonetheless, due to how he APPEARS to have immense knowledge and trading expertise to exactly the people timsk has a vested interest in making a good first impression on - new traders and new subscribers.

I'd also like to add if any poster gets preferential treatment from a moderator/site owner/administrator that should be an immediate red flag warranting suspicion and skeptical inquiry. basically the longer a poster has been sheltered on a trading forum the more the trading forum has a vested interest and an inherent conflict-of-interest in protecting that poster.

Nobody who posts on a public forum is sheltering or being sheltered - quite the opposite - we each put our heads high up above the parapet every time we post. And this forum offers no protection from those who wish to shoot it off, within standard forum rules of conduct.

But if I have an opinion about trading, and express it here, you are totally entitled to say my evidence is inaccurate, or my analysis flawed, you can suggest I'm lying for some reason, or that I have just made an obvious mistake. Other forum users might agree with you and conclude I am a right prat. Or maybe that you are. I don't draw that conclusion.

But you are 100% wrong to suggest that the forum operates with any responsibility to maintaining my presence here over anyone else's and equally wrong in the converse implication that I might post things purely for the benefit or pleasure of the forum staff / mods. I say what I like and some of those things will offend those I wish to offend. Take your "preferential treatment" and use it as a stop.

Nobody who posts on a public forum is sheltering or being sheltered - quite the opposite - we each put our heads high up above the parapet every time we post. And this forum offers no protection from those who wish to shoot it off, within standard forum rules of conduct.

But if I have an opinion about trading, and express it here, you are totally entitled to say my evidence is inaccurate, or my analysis flawed, you can suggest I'm lying for some reason, or that I have just made an obvious mistake. Other forum users might agree with you and conclude I am a right prat. Or maybe that you are. I don't draw that conclusion.

But you are 100% wrong to suggest that the forum operates with any responsibility to maintaining my presence here over anyone else's and equally wrong in the converse implication that I might post things purely for the benefit or pleasure of the forum staff / mods. I say what I like and some of those things will offend those I wish to offend. Take your "preferential treatment" and use it as a stop.

But you are 100% wrong to not process and digest how timsk showed bias in favor of dbphoenix against me in this thread, which suggests 99% that this is a pattern repeating itself rather than an isolated incident of bias in favor of dbphoenix at the expense of other community members.

But you are 100% wrong to not process and digest how timsk showed bias in favor of dbphoenix against me in this thread, which suggests 99% that this is a pattern repeating itself rather than an isolated incident of bias in favor of dbphoenix at the expense of other community members.

I don't see bias against you from timsk. If you have criticism of the behaviour of another poster, the burden is on you to bring forward something to substantiate what you are saying. That might seem like a bias against you but you must have come across this in every other field of life - if you wish to say something is not right, you will be asked to prove why.

However, rather than do that, you went on to talk about "any poster" getting preferential treatment, specifically long-term members. That would include me and I take offence at your suggestion that I am in some sort of cartel with the forum to allow me to be treated preferentially over anyone. If I wished to make the sort of criticisms you have, of dbphoenix, and timsk, and by extension of me, I would expect even after 14 years of membership, that I would have to come up with some pretty rigorous arguments in my favour. Certainly, better than yours.

I don't see bias against you from timsk. If you have criticism of the behaviour of another poster, the burden is on you to bring forward something to substantiate what you are saying. That might seem like a bias against you but you must have come across this in every other field of life - if you wish to say something is not right, you will be asked to prove why.

However, rather than do that, you went on to talk about "any poster" getting preferential treatment, specifically long-term members. That would include me and I take offence at your suggestion that I am in some sort of cartel with the forum to allow me to be treated preferentially over anyone. If I wished to make the sort of criticisms you have, of dbphoenix, and timsk, and by extension of me, I would expect even after 14 years of membership, that I would have to come up with some pretty rigorous arguments in my favour. Certainly, better than yours.

The accusations by respected and veteran members of other trading forums and the action taken by site owner Baron on Elitetrader speaks for itself as a strong argument against dbphoenix, as does the Futures.io banishment. Timsk's ad hominem suggestion that me mentioning this shows my poor character and that the cloud of suspicion over dbphoenix is wishy-washy clearly suggests favortism more than weak argumentation on my part.

The accusations by respected and veteran members of other trading forums and the action taken by site owner Baron on Elitetrader speaks for itself as a strong argument against dbphoenix, as does the Futures.io banishment. Timsk's ad hominem suggestion that me mentioning this shows my poor character and that the cloud of suspicion over dbphoenix is wishy-washy clearly suggests favortism more than weak argumentation on my part.

Bans elsewhere mean nothing to me, I deal with people as I find them. timsk is right to be sceptical of hearsay evidence when we cannot have access to the full facts of each case. So am I. In any event, we're concerned with what's happening here and now, not some other place in some other circumstances.

Pete

So far as I see it all Timsk has done is point up that dip has done nothing untoward here on T2W. You may, or may not, agree with his (dbp's, that is) approach to price action analysis and associated trading. And you may, or may not think he is a successful trader himself (he has never made much comment about his own trading).

He sells an e-book (pretty cheap it is too) which is freely admitted, but he doesn't use the boards to constantly advertise and push it.

So what's the beef about what he's done on T2W? You seem to be condemning him by what you may have heard he may have done elsewhere when the evidence that matters is what he has done here.

Cheers

Jon

He sells an e-book (pretty cheap it is too) which is freely admitted, but he doesn't use the boards to constantly advertise and push it.

Jon

I disagree , i think he is actively advertising his book here ...

Bans elsewhere mean nothing to me, I deal with people as I find them. timsk is right to be sceptical of hearsay evidence when we cannot have access to the full facts of each case. So am I. In any event, we're concerned with what's happening here and now, not some other place in some other circumstances.

Thats fine , but please dont ask others to hide the fact that he was banned in other forums , whether this is relevant or not thats another issue .

Thats fine , but please dont ask others to hide the fact that he was banned in other forums , whether this is relevant or not thats another issue .

I haven't - and won't ask for such bans not to be mentioned here: I think people can say what they wish to say as long as they take responsibility for it.

But second-hand reports of bans elsewhere are irrelevant to how a member is dealt with here. If I came into some dispute with T2W, I would expect them to be scrupulous in having regard only to what I may or may not have done - here.

I haven't - and won't ask for such bans not to be mentioned here: I think people can say what they wish to say as long as they take responsibility for it.

But second-hand reports of bans elsewhere are irrelevant to how a member is dealt with here. If I came into some dispute with T2W, I would expect them to be scrupulous in having regard only to what I may or may not have done - here.

For a commercial member it may be relevant , i am sure potential clients would appreciate any piece of info/review before paying money .

I'm not asking for dbphoenix to be banned or suggesting that he violated the terms of service of this site. IMHO timsk is out of line and assuming a lot to suggest that the evidence linked to is wishy-washy and says more about me than it does about dbphoenix. If I had blabbed on about him being banned without providing evidence, or if dbphoenix was not flagrantly arrogant and condescending in his interaction in the "This is what happens when you time the market thread" then maybe timsk's defense of dbphoenix and attack against me would be valid.

By the way, the linked to thread re: dbphoenix's banishment is not just hearsay evidence, because we can read the actual posts on other forums, not just hear reports from third parties of such events)

I'm not asking for dbphoenix to be banned or suggesting that he violated the terms of service of this site. IMHO timsk is out of line and assuming a lot to suggest that the evidence linked to is wishy-washy and says more about me than it does about dbphoenix. If I had blabbed on about him being banned without providing evidence, or if dbphoenix was not flagrantly arrogant and condescending in his interaction in the "This is what happens when you time the market thread" then maybe timsk's defense of dbphoenix and attack against me would be valid.

By the way, the linked to thread re: dbphoenix's banishment is not just hearsay evidence, because we can read the actual posts on other forums, not just hear reports from third parties of such events)

I totally see your "evidence" as wishy-washy.

We can't know all the information the mods on other sites may have had in their possession nor gauge how much weight they put to it when they made their decisions. We can't even agree therefore that they were right and that their analysis was balanced and their decision appropriate. Nevertheless, even if privy to what they knew and did, we are dealing with what happens here and now. As I said, I deal with people as I find them - here and now.

I don't say you are a stupid person but this argument is stupidly motivated and poorly executed on your behalf.

My post is for new traders who are considering spending £1000 for learning with the person mentioned here.

Back in 2012 I contacted him and asked about his teaching, he replied with what the course is about and how it will works. He wanted me to hire space in London for the meeting as it's better for me compared paying travel costs for him travelling to me. Really?

I told him I'll think about it and contacted him if I agree. So far was normal apart from hiring the space.

The problem happened after when he kept sending me emails asking when I'll proceed as he is busy trading and don't have time for emails etc etc.

Despite I told him I'll contact you if I want to proceed.

My advice? Stay away from him and his course simply based on my experience. A successful trader does not need to teach nor spam people and pushing his sells.

As for dp, it's the same don't get fooled with historical chart analysis. There's a reason why analysts are not hired as traders. There is big differences between the two.

Finally I'm not against the teaching in general there are many people who teach you how to trade. The difference? They provide proof of successful trading and even with this it doesn't make you trader.

Alot of misunderstanding here . Even if a member did abide by the t2w constitution that doesn't mean he/she cant be criticized . The posts here arent asking for a certain member to be banned , there's a big difference .
A lot of misunderstanding indeed.
No one - least of all me, is suggesting that a member can't be criticized, so long as they do so politely, support their comments with real evidence (not hearsay) and remain within T2W's Community Constitution (CC).

I've not shown any bias or favour towards anyone. I've explained fairly and comprehensively T2W's official position regarding vendors and the relationship between staff and Moderators. If you have evidence to the contrary, kindly provide a link or withdraw your insulting accusation.

I've addressed this in detail in previous posts. Merely repeating yourself doesn't get us any further forward. Therefore, please respond to specific points that I've made and, if I've not explained myself clearly enough and / or you require further explanation about anything I've written - I'll do my best to oblige.

I disagree , i think he is actively advertising his book here ...
Well tar, as a former Mod, you ought to know better than anyone what to do about it, i.e. report any posts where dbp has done this using the red flag 'Report Post' facility so the Mods can take appropriate action.

No one has asked anyone to hide anything.

Again, I'm not attacking you at all. What I am doing is making very clear what T2W's official policy is on vendors - which may be very different to that of other forums. It is completely unacceptable for any member to suggest or imply that another member is in some way dishonourable without providing a shred of evidence to support such an accusation.. That in itself is a breach of our CC.

As a general note, all members need to be extremely careful about using words like 'scammer' 'charlatan' and 'deception' etc. These are very serious accusations and it is totally unacceptable to say such things just because you don't much care for someone, felt that they treated you harshly in some way and /or because you don't like vendors. T2W's official position is that there are 'good guy' vendors who we welcome and, unless and until someone posts solid evidence to suggest the contrary, then both Mr. Charts and dbphoenix fall into this category.
Tim.

T2W's official position is that there are 'good guy' vendors who we welcome and, unless and until someone posts solid evidence to suggest the contrary, then both Mr. Charts and dbphoenix fall into this category.
Tim.

You forgot to add "IMHO" . Thats your own opinion which many others may disagree with . That being said you keep coming back to this topic : "are they good/bad vendors" which has no correlation with criticizing them , so even if some vendors are good and decent that doesn't mean they cant be criticized , for example interactive brokers they are good and decent brokers but surely they can be criticized , its called a "review" , no one has the right to ask others to shut up in this .

Also i want to add whether T2W welcomes a commercial member or not it doesn't mean that other members have to welcome them as well , i am speaking in general .

Status
Not open for further replies.