Richard Joyson aka Mr Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a moving post from BigMike on dbphoenix, you really can tell BigMike puts his heart into trying to do the right thing when it comes to going the extra mile, or kilometer, and demanding transparency and pro-social ethical conduct from vendors.

Not exactly. When I signed up for BMT, I contacted him via PM, explained that I had a book, and wanted to know if it was going to be a problem. He replied that it would not be a problem as long as I never mentioned it nor maintained a journal of trades. And that was that. I never mentioned it nor did I open or maintain a journal, as requested.

But eventually my thread became popular, popular enough to put me within throwing distance of his "Wizard" (or whatever it was called) category, and if I became a "Wizard", this would make me the only "Wizard" that had not paid him his $100 fee (which I didn't pay because I had no interest in indicators or webinars or services of any kind). Suddenly he had issues with my never having journaled trades, something which he had earlier asked me not to do and which I did not do in order to comply with his request, and he came up with this spin in order to justify banning me, to which a number of people objected (one of his vendors, in fact, offered me a spot on the vendor's website to continue my postings).

Petetrades just can't get over the fact that I pointed out that his continued losses over the years are his fault and nobody else's due to his unwillingness to assume the responsibility for them. He will look for any other cause -- brokers, commissions, vendors, the market itself -- in order to avoid accepting that responsibility. And rather than focus on developing a thoroughly-tested and consistently-profitable trading plan, he wastes his time on T2W whining about how unfair all of it is and playing Poor Little Old Me. In fact, if he spent a fraction of the time studying, testing, and practicing that he spends stalking and posting, he'd be a success. He goes on about it day after day after day, usually from dawn till dusk but sometimes until the wee hours of the morning. It would be pitiful if he weren't such a PITA.

I don't respond to petetrades because I have no reason to. He's losing money. I'm not. So why should I care about what he posts? He's not trading my money. I respond to this post only because it is a falsehood. If people want to believe it anyway, I really couldn't care less. After 16 years, the Trading Forum Drama Club no longer holds any appeal.

I have a book. Yes. And Paul is very much aware of it. Has been since I began posting again. As I've explained umpteen times, those who want the content for free are welcome to it if they want to read all my posts. Those who value their time, however, and would prefer that all those posts be consolidated into something organized and highly-edited may elect the book instead. Their choice. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Not exactly. When I signed up for BMT, I contacted him via PM, explained that I had a book, and wanted to know if it was going to be a problem. He replied that it would not be a problem as long as I never mentioned it nor maintained a journal of trades. And that was that. I never mentioned it nor did I open or maintain a journal, as requested.

But eventually my thread became popular, popular enough to put me within throwing distance of his "Wizard" (or whatever it was called) category, and if I became a "Wizard", this would make me the only "Wizard" that had not paid him his $100 fee (which I didn't pay because I had no interest in indicators or webinars or services of any kind). Suddenly he had issues with my never having journaled trades, something which he had earlier asked me not to do and which I did not do in order to comply with his request, and he came up with this spin in order to justify banning me, to which a number of people objected (one of his vendors, in fact, offered me a spot on the vendor's website to continue my postings).

Petetrades just can't get over the fact that I pointed out that his continued losses over the years are his fault and nobody else's due to his unwillingness to assume the responsibility for them. He will look for any other cause -- brokers, commissions, vendors, the market itself -- in order to avoid accepting that responsibility. And rather than focus on developing a thoroughly-tested and consistently-profitable trading plan, he wastes his time on T2W whining about how unfair all of it is and playing Poor Little Old Me. In fact, if he spent a fraction of the time studying, testing, and practicing that he spends stalking and posting, he'd be a success. He goes on about it day after day after day, usually from dawn till dusk but sometimes until the wee hours of the morning. It would be pitiful if he weren't such a PITA.

I don't respond to petetrades because I have no reason to. He's losing money. I'm not. So why should I care about what he posts? He's not trading my money. I respond to this post only because it is a falsehood. If people want to believe it anyway, I really couldn't care less. After 16 years, the Trading Forum Drama Club no longer holds any appeal.

I have a book. Yes. And Paul is very much aware of it. Has been since I began posting again. As I've explained umpteen times, those who want the content for free are welcome to it if they want to read all my posts. Those who value their time, however, and would prefer that all those posts be consolidated into something organized and highly-edited may elect the book instead. Their choice. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

According to https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/why-is-dbphoenix-back.297118/ There was some confusion and lack of transparency as to whether you were a trader freely sharing their method and ideas for years, to give back to the community, or a trading vendor, which is the same issue BigMike brought up. The mature and responsible thing to do would have been to own up to being a vendor at the time if that's what you were, I am not making any decision on this matter but referring readers to the ET thread.

Well reasoned professional explanation.

Don't need to be rocket scientist to figure out what the other trol is all about. Obvious his bitter about losing money and surely he can't be held responsible. Ofcourse not. He simply did as he was told chasing greedy invisible voices inside his own head. Not his fault.

Now I have the PIS trolling me for expressing a free opinion. Worthy quest indeed. (n)

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/db-phoenix-failed-trader-turned-et-troll.286042/

Highlists of this thread, DB Phoenix- failed trader turned ET Troll, include Clubber Lang's insightful comment: "That clown was on ET for years trying to act like a big swinging dick trader. Those of us who were successful traders laughed at his drivel.
Now after years of silence (or maybe he couldn't pay his cable bill?) DB is back on ET trolling the P&R section as if Baron were paying him by the post."

The $100 has nothing to do with being a vendor , its a one time fee for any member that wants access to elite members sections , i didnt pay it as well but thats not the reason why you have been banned !

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/why-is-dbphoenix-back.297118/page-4

Here's the respected Maverick74's take on dbphoenix:

"What people don't like is the act. If you have a book, if you mentor others on the side, etc just come out and say it instead of acting like you are mother Theresa and your sole purpose in life is to help the sick and the poor. He then plays dumb when you call him out on it which is a question of character. Just be honest. Of course he told you to shut up about the e-book. The second you mention it exposes him as a vendor and not some innocent poster who just wants to "share". I have no issues with vendors as long as they are identified as such. You have no idea the business he does over PM's. I know how these guys work. Why do think he went over to Big Mike's and Trade To Win? To share? Come on. It's his livelihood. These website owners deserved to get paid if they are going to use these sites as recruiting grounds. But the guy is too cheap to ante up. So he just makes 10k posts where he is not selling anything waiting for people to PM him and trust me they do. It works. "

Here's another comment on dbphoenix;

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/why-is-dbphoenix-back.297118/page-4

"You're overlooking a few other details

Stuck his nose into several threads
Started..., I lost cont of how many TL (SLA I think) threads
Draws his TLs incorrectly - and this absolutely jacks up newer traders
Told me things don't work - that I literally use every day
Unwilling to prove he trades - which if you're going to "help" you better damn well know what you're talking about - talk the talk.., then walk the walk

And way too damn much ego

Where ever he is now - let him remain

Good riddance"

The $100 has nothing to do with being a vendor , its a one time fee for any member that wants access to elite members sections , i didnt pay it as well but thats not the reason why you have been banned !

Re-read what I wrote on the matter.

T2W is not a site to have posts copied from other sites and plastered all over here in an attempt to troll and counter troll each other. This thread has more than covered any of the discussions that are relevant to the subject and as such it is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.