Richard Joyson aka Mr Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I see a conflict? . . .
Hi sigmund1,
No, happily T2W is conflict free - amongst T2W staff at any rate! I'm afraid you're labouring under a misapprehension, as neither James Di Virgilio nor Mr. Charts are now - or have ever been - T2W staff members. Current staff are listed on our About Us page.
Tim.

I actually dont believe what i am reading in this site,someone who has not made a single live trade in his 12 years in a forum,has people supporting him as a good mentor.
nero1,
Mr. Charts and dbphoenix have people supporting them for the simple reason that they make valuable contributions to this forum and have adhered to our Community Constitution. Members such as them deserve everyone's support, not just from staff like me. Whether or not they're good or bad mentors and whether or not they make live calls is totally, utterly and completely irrelevant to their involvement here. That you and Sigmund1 don't much care for Mr. Charts is absolutely fine - you don't have to read his posts, let alone pay for any of his services. He probably isn't overly enamoured with either of you. but he doesn't start whinging threads endlessly moaning about you.
Tim.

Posting is not a "contribution" if the veiled and ulterior motive is to self-promote one's trading vendor services.
This is an interesting point and it's one that gets to the heart of the issue. Some people will argue - and indeed it may be true - the likes of dbphoenix and Mr. Charts wouldn't ever bother to post here if they knew there was no possibility of ever selling another book or trading course respectively. The official T2W line on this is that this doesn't matter, so long as they adhere to the Community Constitution. (I addressed this in post #27 earlier in this thread.)

For argument's sake, let's suppose this is indeed the case - i.e. that all vendors (not just the two I've mentioned) only ever post with the ulterior motive of promoting their vendor services. So long as they are 'good guy' vendors as outlined in the Community Constitution - then that's to the benefit of the whole community. I would even go so far as to say that in this respect, it's a great shame that some of the excellent contributors who have, over the years, been driven away by the trolls aren't - or weren't then - vendors. Had they been, they may have developed thicker skins, toughed it out and still be here today posting excellent content from which everyone could benefit and enjoy.

The bottom line is that dbphoenix may get a few book sales that he wouldn't get if he wasn't here and Mr. Charts may acquire a few more students. In the meantime, we all get to benefit from their immense knowledge and trading expertise. T2W and it's members are the net winners here. And we can all sleep easy, safe in the knowledge that if they go from being 'good guy' venders to 'bad guy' vendors - that our team of Mods will be onto them in a jiffy and they'll be out on their ear before their feet touch the ground.
Tim.

This is an interesting point and it's one that gets to the heart of the issue. Some people will argue - and indeed it may be true - the likes of dbphoenix and Mr. Charts wouldn't ever bother to post here if they knew there was no possibility of ever selling another book or trading course respectively. The official T2W line on this is that this doesn't matter, so long as they adhere to the Community Constitution. (I addressed this in post #27 earlier in this thread.)

For argument's sake, let's suppose this is indeed the case - i.e. that all vendors (not just the two I've mentioned) only ever post with the ulterior motive of promoting their vendor services. So long as they are 'good guy' vendors as outlined in the Community Constitution - then that's to the benefit of the whole community. I would even go so far as to say that in this respect, it's a great shame that some of the excellent contributors who have, over the years, been driven away by the trolls aren't - or weren't then - vendors. Had they been, they may have developed thicker skins, toughed it out and still be here today posting excellent content from which everyone could benefit and enjoy.

The bottom line is that dbphoenix may get a few book sales that he wouldn't get if he wasn't here and Mr. Charts may acquire a few more students. In the meantime, we all get to benefit from their immense knowledge and trading expertise. T2W and it's members are the net winners here. And we can all sleep easy, safe in the knowledge that if they go from being 'good guy' venders to 'bad guy' vendors - that our team of Mods will be onto them in a jiffy and they'll be out on their ear before their feet touch the ground.
Tim.

I haven't seen much value contributed from dbphoenix in recent posts, aside from condescending jibes, mostly a refusal to share what sort of intraday margins he trades with, P&L statements, realtime trade calls and trade management. The bar has been raised for trading vendor standards and potential consumers deserve respect in asking for vendors like dbphoenix to raise their behavior to standard ethical practices. Price action basics educational information is freely available with a simple Google search.

I am also aware that dbphoenix has been banned from Elitetrader for not "practicing what he preaches" and banned from Futures.io for covert vendor activities as well.

I haven't seen much value contributed from dbphoenix in recent posts, mostly a refusal to share what sort of intraday margins he trades with, P&L statements, realtime trade calls and trade management. The bar has been raised for vendor statandards, price action basics educational information is freely available with a simple Google search. I am also aware that dbphoenix has been banned from Elitetrader for not "practicing what he preaches" and banned from Futures.io for covert vendor activities well.
Hi petetrades,
Your perception of value may be different from mine or the next member's - so I won't expand on that other than to say that for me (and for T2W as a community forum), value means any member who engages directly with other members about a topic under discussion and provides interesting and thoughtful content. dbphoenix does that in abundance.

Regarding personal details about how he trades and providing statements etc. - there's absolutely no requirement for him - or any member for that matter - to do that.

That information regarding trading by price action is freely available on the net is also not relevant to his activities here or to his vendor status. Also, how other forums operate - along with any issues that may have arisen between them and dbphoenix - is a matter for them. It is of no interest or concern to T2W.

As I have said on numerous occasions, if he (or any member for that matter) is in breach of the Community Constitution, then please make the Moderators aware of this by using the red flag 'Report Post' facility - and they will take appropriate action. If you just don't care for the posts made by dbphoenix (or whoever), then you can hide any member from view by using the forum's ignore facility.
Tim.

I haven't seen much value contributed from dbphoenix in recent posts, aside from condescending jibes, mostly a refusal to share what sort of intraday margins he trades with, P&L statements, realtime trade calls and trade management. The bar has been raised for trading vendor standards and potential consumers deserve respect in asking for vendors like dbphoenix to raise their behavior to standard ethical practices. Price action basics educational information is freely available with a simple Google search.

I am also aware that dbphoenix has been banned from Elitetrader for not "practicing what he preaches" and banned from Futures.io for covert vendor activities as well.

please post evidence

gosh, never had a laugh from t2w in a long time really need that one nero!!!
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
don't forget the banks, the banks were 5harting their pants when you posted that bottom
I am very happy when i amuse the trolls of the site...,you dont need to be jealus though,some day in a couple 200 years maybe you can do what i can do now...

I am very happy when i amuse the trolls of the site...,you dont need to be jealus though,some day in a couple 200 years maybe you can do what i can do now...

don't know man,if you know so much shouldn't you be on a weekend getaway? swiss alps possibly...drinking a 50 thousand dollar wine bottle with some french broad
surely your holiness would get a private jet ride back to greece for the first hour of trading
but you're here with us hunting online fugitives who never stole from you....or even spoke to you for that matter
so if you know how to trade......enjoy your life dude....the food you eat doesn't make me 5hit

. . .Apparently, over the span of over a decade, dbphoenix manipulated and deceived a lot of people on Elitetrader and for a brief time before being exposed and shut down on Futures.io.
petetrades,
Different forums have different rules and if dbphoenix breached ET's and Big Mike's rules - that's a matter for them - it's got nowt to do with us. Posting unverifiable, wishy washy allegations about what he may - or may not - have done on another forum says rather more about you than it does about him, and I'm sorry to say it's not good.

If you have any evidence of any kind that dbphoenix has "manipulated and deceived" T2W members, then kindly bring it to the attention of the Mods and they will take appropriate action. If you just don't like the man for whatever reason - put him on ignore. It's as simple as that. The same applies to Mr. Charts and all other vendors. End of story.
Tim.

Hence dbphoenix is a commercial member then there shouldnt be a problem to point out that he was banned from 2 other forums , it falls under full disclosure .

Last edited:
Hence dbphoenix is a commercial member then there shouldnt be a problem to point out that he was banned from 2 other forums , it falls under full disclosure .

Well, that's rather like saying that someone has been found guilty in court without further explanation. May have been for a car parking offence or murder.

Dbp has occasionally got a bit ratty with people who disagree with him but hasn't done anything offensive to T2W rules to my knowledge even for anyone who thinks Wyckoff is all mumbo jumbo :)

Well, that's rather like saying that someone has been found guilty in court without further explanation. May have been for a car parking offence or murder.

Dbp has occasionally got a bit ratty with people who disagree with him but hasn't done anything offensive to T2W rules to my knowledge even for anyone who thinks Wyckoff is all mumbo jumbo :)

looks like a classic sabotage campaign, I wouldn't want to **** off whoever is after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.