Richard Joyson aka Mr Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't find it

Crickey, I've looked and looked, the internet that is!

Might be there but didn't come across not even one.

A positive previous client recommendation for Mr Charts.

And after 16 years an all.

Did see the AVOID from Mike earlier today.

Yes, it was his first post as well - do you know him?

I reckon they might be playing with 'eachothers' privates :cheesy:

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4694-hehe.jpg

All this vendor venom, call me old fashioned, but I like to take responsibility for my own successes and failures.

The point I was making is that the critical inquiry against vendors is what is needed now more than ever and as Emmett Moore has shown, whether he's totally honest or not, when you turn over rocks there turn out to be all sorts of nasty things lurking underneath.

That is exactly what we do here all day, either by spam bot, investigating ourselves, by members reporting and by way of the wording in the community constitution.

It couldn't really be clearer than that.

I can't tell the number that have been hounded off the boards over the years, but it's a considerable number.

To be fair to sigmund , i heard negative reviews from other members as well re Mr charts services . An old member .

That is exactly what we do here all day, either by spam bot, investigating ourselves, by members reporting and by way of the wording in the community constitution.

It couldn't really be clearer than that.

I can't tell the number that have been hounded off the boards over the years, but it's a considerable number.

You do an admirable job from what I have seen. I am concerned about timsk however, is he the owner or just an administrative employee? His attitude towards me after turning over the figurative dbphoenix stone came as a surprise and encourages me look into dbphoenix's activity on this site further.

You forgot to add "IMHO" . Thats your own opinion which many others may disagree with .
No tar, you are completely wrong. I deliberately didn't put 'IMHO' because what I wrote is official forum policy. I even copied the relevant part of the CC earlier in the thread. You might not like it or agree with it, but that doesn't change what it is: official forum policy.

That being said you keep coming back to this topic : "are they good/bad vendors" which has no correlation with criticizing them , so even if some vendors are good and decent that doesn't mean they cant be criticized , for example interactive brokers they are good and decent brokers but surely they can be criticized , its called a "review" , no one has the right to ask others to shut up in this .
As long as you keep repeating this point I'll keep repeating my answer to it: no one - least of all me, is suggesting that a member can't be criticized, so long as they do so politely, support their comments with real evidence (not hearsay) and remain within T2W's Community Constitution (CC).

Also i want to add whether T2W welcomes a commercial member or not it doesn't mean that other members have to welcome them as well , i am speaking in general .
I've no issue with that either. However, 'not welcoming' someone and starting threads which suggest and / or imply they are scammers, charlatans and deceiving others is a very different matter and will not be tolerated here on T2W. If there are other forums where such behavior is acceptable, go and post such comments there - don't do it here.

. . . For the sake of transparency and openness . . .
No one with vendor status is required to disclose this kind of information publicly on the open forums. If prospective purchasers wish to ascertain answers like these as part of their due diligence prior to engaging the services of a vendor - that's a private matter between them and the vendor. Again, as the situation stands currently, this is official forum policy (not my personal opinion).

There used to be a hero with a thousand faces. Well now there's the trading charlatan with a thousand faces. The problem is the strength of the arguments coming from their hindsight charts is derived from the assumed premise that they can execute and make these judgements in realtime, which is much harder to do but trading educators rarely address the distinction between hindsight and realtime calls.
There's a very simple answer to this problem:
1. Don't assume anything. If anything, assume they can't execute and make these judgments in real time.
2. The success or lack thereof that dbphoenix, Mr. Charts or any other vendor has - is totally irrelevant to the success or otherwise you'll have if / when you try to implement their methodologies. This is where so many people go wrong when it comes to vendors. They assume that just because they paid their money and read the book (in dbphoenix' case) - that that entitles them to untold riches. Nothing could be further from the truth. You wouldn't buy and read a book by Mary Berry one day and expect to win Bake Off the next or, even to make a decent living as a baker.
3. Test the ideas first via paper trading and, if (and only if) that works, move to trading with the smallest size possible and build incrementally as your account equity grows. Both dbphoenix and Mr. Charts advise this: I've read it from both of them numerous times.

Dbphoenix is a garden variety one of thousands to me, clearly timsk has a personal bias influencing his judgement. Regarding hearsay evidence and how stupid my argument is, the web archive of dbhistory's business practices is for YOU to research, I merely showed the conclusion others, whom I respect, have made against him and *SURPRISE* dbphoenix has made no attempt to clarify why he was banned for apparently trying to hide his vendor status to avoid TOS violations on other trading forums.
perpetrates - I've had enough of this completely false allegation suggesting that I'm biased. Kindly put up (and provide some evidence) or shut up.

If the tables were turned and dbphoenix posted saying that you had "manipulated and deceived a lot of people" - then I can guarantee you 100% that all my posts would be directed at him and not at you. In fact, I've given you the benefit of the doubt and gone out of my way to explain in detail the way the forum works and why you can't posts comments like this. I wouldn't bother doing that with dbphoenix, as he knows full well everything I've said - so I would simply report such a post for the Mods to deal with as they see fit.

I get that he's hurt your feelings with some of his comments. Been there, bought the T shirt, so I have some sympathy with you. On occasions, he doesn't score too highly in the sensitivity and diplomacy departments - but that's no excuse for posting libelous and defamatory comments about him that are not supported with rock solid evidence. And, as has been made crystal clear, a link to a thread on another site where people are also making libelous and defamatory comments about him does not constitute evidence. The same applies to Mr. Charts and all other vendors.

Lastly, no forum has done more than T2W over the years to protect newbies from ne'er-do-wells and provide them with detailed information that will help to ensure they don't fall prey to scammers and, if they do purchase trading related material, that they get what they want and what they pay for. These threads have been freely available to all since March 2011:
Can You Recommend a Mentor, Coach or Trading Course?
How Can I Distinguish Between Scams and Reputable Vendors?
Tim.

Last edited:
Yes, it was his first post as well - do you know him?

Yes it was first post. I signed up specifically to write my opinion. And no I don't know anyone here and no one asked me to post.

I'm not interested in boards /discussions but I thought I should tell my own experience.

In fact I don't think it's logical to have positive reviews with him or dp. Simply because all information is available for free. Unless someone doesn't want to look foolish for paying for a historical chart analysis.

'course if you yourself had been a client sigmundi then your opinion would be worth listening to - otherwise ..................

No tar, you are completely wrong. I deliberately didn't put 'IMHO' because what I wrote is official forum policy. I even copied the relevant part of the CC earlier in the thread. You might not like it or agree with it, but that doesn't change what it is: official forum policy.

As long as you keep repeating this point I'll keep repeating my answer to it: no one - least of all me, is suggesting that a member can't be criticized, so long as they do so politely, support their comments with real evidence (not hearsay) and remain within T2W's Community Constitution (CC).

I've no issue with that either. However, 'not welcoming' someone and starting threads which suggest and / or imply they are scammers, charlatans and deceiving others is a very different matter and will not be tolerated here on T2W. If there are other forums where such behavior is acceptable, go and post such comments there - don't do it here.

No one with vendor status is required to disclose this kind of information publicly on the open forums. If prospective purchasers wish to ascertain answers like these as part of their due diligence prior to engaging the services of a vendor - that's a private matter between them and the vendor. Again, as the situation stands currently, this is official forum policy (not my personal opinion).

There's a very simple answer to this problem:
1. Don't assume anything. If anything, assume they can't execute and make these judgments in real time.
2. The success or lack thereof that dbphoenix, Mr. Charts or any other vendor has - is totally irrelevant to the success or otherwise you'll have if / when you try to implement their methodologies. This is where so many people go wrong when it comes to vendors. They assume that just because they paid their money and read the book (in dbphoenix' case) - that that entitles them to untold riches. Nothing could be further from the truth. You wouldn't buy and read a book by Mary Berry one day and expect to win Bake Off the next or, even to make a decent living as a baker.
3. Test the ideas first via paper trading and, if (and only if) that works, move to trading with the smallest size possible and build incrementally as your account equity grows. Both dbphoenix and Mr. Charts advise this: I've read it from both of them numerous times.

perpetrates - I've had enough of this completely false allegation suggesting that I'm biased. Kindly put up (and provide some evidence) or shut up.

If the tables were turned and dbphoenix posted saying that you had "manipulated and deceived a lot of people" - then I can guarantee you 100% that all my posts would be directed at him and not at you. In fact, I've given you the benefit of the doubt and gone out of my way to explain in detail the way the forum works and why you can't posts comments like this. I wouldn't bother doing that with dbphoenix, as he knows full well everything I've said - so I would simply report such a post for the Mods to deal with as they see fit.

I get that he's hurt your feelings with some of his comments. Been there, bought the T shirt, so I have some sympathy with you. On occasions, he doesn't score too highly in the sensitivity and diplomacy departments - but that's no excuse for posting libelous and defamatory comments about him that are not supported with rock solid evidence. And, as has been made crystal clear, a link to a thread on another site where people are also making libelous and defamatory comments about him does not constitute evidence. The same applies to Mr. Charts and all other vendors.

Lastly, no forum has done more than T2W over the years to protect newbies from ne'er-do-wells and provide them with detailed information that will help to ensure they don't fall prey to scammers and, if they do purchase trading related material, that they get what they want and what they pay for. These threads have been freely available to all since March 2011:
Can You Recommend a Mentor, Coach or Trading Course?
How Can I Distinguish Between Scams and Reputable Vendors?
Tim.

I am Pete not a perpetra.. Timsk please disclose your relationship on this site, are you the owner or just an administrator? The link I made, after which you made an ad hominem against me and took a side with dbphoenix as you are now, is not a link to libelous or defamatory statements about dbphoenix because he never addressed why he was banned at Elitetrader, he never denied it, therefore how can YOU decide that it's libelous and defamatory? Maybe it is, which is why I qualified the link with "apparently deceived.",, perhaps I need to restate that fact: it's only apparently true and upon reflection I'm not sure and I hope dbphoenix can come here and resolve the issue of why he was banned at several trading forums.

I am Pete not a perpetra.. Timsk please disclose your relationship on this site, are you the owner or just an administrator? The link I made, after which you made an ad hominem against me and took a side with dbphoenix as you are now, is not a link to libelous or defamatory statements about dbphoenix because he never addressed why he was banned at Elitetrader, he never denied it, therefore how can YOU decide that it's libelous and defamatory? Maybe it is, which is why I qualified the link with "apparently deceived.",, perhaps I need to restate that fact: it's only apparently true and upon reflection I'm not sure and I hope dbphoenix can come here and resolve the issue of why he was banned at several trading forums.

I suppose if you wanted T2W forum policy to be changed you could submit such a proposal regarding mandatory disclosure of bans received on other forums. Of course, to be fair, all the other forums in the world should also agree that they should do likewise. They might agree with you that this would be a very worthwhile public service. Or they might agree with me that you have completely lost the plot and have burrowed so deep into this issue that you can't even see reality any more. Do give it a rest.

I am Pete not a perpetra.. Timsk please disclose your relationship on this site, are you the owner or just an administrator? Timsk has already answered this question. The link I made, after which you made an ad hominem against me and took a side with dbphoenix as you are now, is not a link to libelous or defamatory statements about dbphoenix because he never addressed why he was banned at Elitetrader, he never denied it, therefore how can YOU decide that it's libelous and defamatory? Maybe it is, which is why I qualified the link with "apparently deceived.",, perhaps I need to restate that fact: it's only apparently true and upon reflection I'm not sure and I hope dbphoenix can come here and resolve the issue of why he was banned at several trading forums.

Do you not read?

Irrespective of where current bloggers have been and which sites they have been banned from they have not broken any T2W site rules? Do you not understand this point!

Db or anyone else is not obliged to answer any of your questions? It's a free world. Who are you anyway?

You have used the 'I' no less than 6 times in a paragraph with 8 lines along with having escalated your perceived unfair treatment and slight from Db to Timsk who is probably the the nicest guy on these threads trying to do a difficult job.

As for the capital YOU in your post, why the emphasis re:Timsk?

Do you really want or need people to answer all your questions that badly?

IMHO you need a medical check up. I know a good shrink if you want one?

These links worth spending some time on as you seriously need some help.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...1201/slighting-the-dangers-being-disrespected

http://www.emotionalcompetency.com/humiliation.htm

Get a life, walk the dog or stroke the cat dude. Really you need help. Both will reduce your blood pressure :)

I suppose if you wanted T2W forum policy to be changed you could submit such a proposal regarding mandatory disclosure of bans received on other forums. Of course, to be fair, all the other forums in the world should also agree that they should do likewise. They might agree with you that this would be a very worthwhile public service. Or they might agree with me that you have completely lost the plot and have burrowed so deep into this issue that you can't even see reality any more. Do give it a rest.

It's not about being banned from a trading forum per se, as the majority of bans are for trolling/rude behavior, most bans are not for the apparently unsubstantiated and hearsay-based allegations against dbphoenix, which are that he apparently was possibly hiding the fact that he was allegedly selling services on several forums against their terms of service and good, general, anti-Donald Trump-like ethical practices.

DionysusToast is a vendor, which means he has no credibility unless he has offered proof of his product's and/or method's success.

Pete, this is just nonsense. He provides tools for traders. There are also tons of live sessions where he shows how to use them. If other traders can see value in having such tools, that is up to them. Nobody is forcing them to have those tools.

As i understand DionysusToast is a friend not a client , which is not what sigmund was looking for ...

Status
Not open for further replies.