Random!

In no way does your answer address my question ,though i have to say, i'm getting used to that on T2W with certain members.........:confused:

OK I'll spell it out for you.

Your post suggested that you couldn't understand why attractive women are attracted to unattractive men.

I suggested that there is more to attraction than just superficial good looks. Personality for example, and as Bramble suggests, money helps.

Why has it started annoying me when i see a really fit bird with a ugly/plain fella?

There are two possible reasons why you may be annoyed about it.

1. You are astonishingly good looking but can only attract dogs.
2. You are astonishingly ugly and still only attract dogs.

Now does that answer your question?

:cheesy:

"smartly turned out girls see in some of the male articles "...typically male viewpoint...let...doctor luuurrrrvvv enlighten you lads ;) ;)

A pleasing appearance whilst uplifting from an hormonal perspective is nice ,but transitory in the sense that after awhile even a great piccy loses it's ability to stimulate the receptors in the same way it originally did.....however , neuronally well arranged guys who may not make the finals lineup for looks can use same indefinitely to stimulate well setup girls..indeed their rather plain looks can be the exact compliment to showing off the looks of a very attractive girl ...it is of course possible to be both pleasing to look at and intelligent as well BUT there is a kind of irony to the situation for quite a lot of guys...they think getting to the gym ...moulding the muscle etc ...the chic haircut...the visual appearance is going to get them what they want ...they seem to forget all this loving self attention is the exact opposite of what is required to stimulate the girl they want ..that is the girl wants the stimulation and to get that the guy as to stop paying so much attention to himself and start paying attention to her.
Courses soon to be available at disgustingly expensive prices.

Good points chump. A the fit girls may like the plain bloke because -
she knows he is a safe bet, and will not attract much competition from other females, and he will likely be very grateful for having a bird who is fitter than him, thus he will treat her well, and in many cases be a willing door mat :LOL: .

Last edited:

Your post suggested that you couldn't understand why attractive women are attracted to unattractive men.

I suggested that there is more to attraction than just superficial good looks. Personality for example, and as Bramble suggests, money helps.

Thats better!

Or he can be old, like me, who only merits a kiss on the forehead, smugly observed by the boyfriend, who hasn't had a shave in three days and calls me Dad:(

Split

Or he can be old, like me, who only merits a kiss on the forehead, smugly observed by the boyfriend, who hasn't had a shave in three days and calls me Dad:(

Split

Hey split

patronising though it may be, a peck on the forehead is better than nothing, right? :LOL:

And how many people do you know who spend morning noon and night in the boozer (and aren't alcoholics :rolleyes: )....

Last time I watched Eastenders was over one Christmas many years ago.

Depressing bunch of morons the lot of em.

Never watched the program since. Even the music has suicidal tendencies which makes you want to jump out of your 9th floor balcony.

Anybody notice the distinction between tasteless drab colours and horrible wall paper with the shows from coulourful Australian Neighbours with the nice sea coastlines?

Hate to think what the foreigners must think of us all here in London watching this ****e programmo... :eek:

Last time I watched Eastenders was over one Christmas many years ago.

Depressing bunch of morons the lot of em.

Never watched the program since. Even the music has suicidal tendencies which makes you want to jump out of your 9th floor balcony.

Anybody notice the distinction between tasteless drab colours and horrible wall paper with the shows from coulourful Australian Neighbours with the nice sea coastlines?

Hate to think what the foreigners must think of us all here in London watching this ****e programmo... :eek:

All that is true Atilla and does reflect the opinion of eg. my dad.
I used to think the same way and was depressed by Eastenders, especially when it was about junkies, HIV, rape, and other depressing storylines.

These days however, i find Eastenders quite the opposite, as it makes me feel lucky to be where i am and not where they are!
Similar also with Corrie, produces warm escapism feelings.

As for the Aussie soaps, they depress me somewhat. Sure the places are nice and sunny as are the peoples/babes. But this is what depresses me, they are showing something that might be better than what i have here. Watching this in action is somewhat depressing IMO.

However, i would not live in Australia if you paid me, as the summer UV index of 12+ would see me -
A) Fry
B) Make me look 10 years older

I'd love to visit Australia one day, possibly as a stop-over on a longer trip to New Zealand, at some stage in life, and hope i get the chance, but Its not essential for me :) .

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007351051,00.html

What does anyone think about the reported Great White Shark filmed in Cornwall. Is it a GWS?

I don't see why not. I'd be very surprised if they'd never made it into UK waters, as the temperature is well within their tolerance zone.

I believe the sea is their domain. If you go in it, you play by their rules. People have o business in the sea as far as i'm concerned!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007351051,00.html

What does anyone think about the reported Great White Shark filmed in Cornwall. Is it a GWS?

I don't see why not. I'd be very surprised if they'd never made it into UK waters, as the temperature is well within their tolerance zone.

I believe the sea is their domain. If you go in it, you play by their rules. People have o business in the sea as far as i'm concerned!

That is a fabrication by the Sun newspaper. Not true.

Photo apparently came from a ship that was in UK waters about 25 years ago. :LOL:

If you have not read the book "Close to Shore" by Michael Capuzzo, I highly recommend it. Apart from a thrilling read about a Great White' s activities along the New Jersey coast it has fascinating material about the shark, itself.

I quote:-

"Every two weeks or so,the entire double row of fifty functional teeth simply rolled over the jaw and fell out, and a completely new set of fifty rose in its place"

The book is full of wonderful things, like that, about the fish's organism and, I repeat, it is unputdownable. Review , part of Headline Group, but I can't find it on their website. Try Amazon.

This shark was completely off course, going along with the Gulf Stream and out of the way of its normal fishing grounds. It was hungry and picked up the smell of human urine dozens of kilometres away. Are you sure that the odd one could not get over here? Read this book and you'll wonder!

Split

I suggest the local council get some Chief Brody cardboard cut-outs and distribute them along the beach, a giant inflatable "orca" fishing vessel complete with inflatable Captain Quint, also playing a recording of "come and have a go if you think your hard enough" out in the bay...that should scare the bugger off.

If its a particularly dim shark then I suggest the following played on giant screens on the beach to illustrate the dire situation it finds itself.

Jaws in 30 seconds, re-enacted by bunnies...no carrot munchers were harmed in the making of this motion picture, well ok, maybe 1 or 2 lost limbs.

http://www.angryalien.com/0804/jawsbunnies.asp

What does a male gynaecologist say when asked.

"So why do you want to become a gynaecologist?"

And what would Freud comment on their chosen profession, would it be

A. Ding Dong.

B. They wish to act out their fantasy without being judged on performance.

Or

C. Maybe they just want to have a bloody good look.

next post I'll be attempting to examine Christianity V Islam , who the smart monies on....

Points to consider -
1) if a male gynaecologist displayed the remotist signs of pleasure when examining a patient, their career may be quite short lived, as they'd likely get many complaints made against them.
2) Any sane individual would feel very wrong/guilty and abusive of their position by getting peasure from examining female patients in this way.
3) The majority of gynecologists patients might be the elderly.
4) When you've seen 1000 or more, surely an element of boredom will kick in.

5) Therefore perhaps the male gynaecologist has less freedom/opportunity than expected to "enjoy" his job in an inappropriate way.

However, no doubt many male gynaecologist are perverts :devilish: , & why are there so many male gynaecologists in the 1st place :confused:.

The long-term unemployed often have among the highest quality of life IMO.
They do not have to work, have all their bills paid for them, have no stress over mortgage payments etc., can sleep when they want and all their time is free time.

Meanwhile at the opposite end of the scale, you have eg. Doctors who are there to make people healthy. They are among the highest paid, hardest working members of society, with big stress and drink problems. They also have a minimum of spare/leisure time due to the long hours..............
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4080424.stm

:confused: :confused:

I suggest the local council get some Chief Brody cardboard cut-outs and distribute them along the beach, a giant inflatable "orca" fishing vessel complete with inflatable Captain Quint, also playing a recording of "come and have a go if you think your hard enough" out in the bay...that should scare the bugger off.

If its a particularly dim shark then I suggest the following played on giant screens on the beach to illustrate the dire situation it finds itself.

Jaws in 30 seconds, re-enacted by bunnies...no carrot munchers were harmed in the making of this motion picture, well ok, maybe 1 or 2 lost limbs.

http://www.angryalien.com/0804/jawsbunnies.asp

If anyone wants a laugh, try this week's "Now Show" on Radio 4, which spends some time on the shark matter.

Split

Are all football spectators stupid?

They willingly pay around half-a full days salary to watch a bunch of VASTLY overpaid lads running around a field kicking a ball about?
Even D1 teams charge up £20 a game now.
Out of principle, I would NEVER pay to watch any pro football team play either in person or via Sky/PPV TV.

I've much more respect for pro rugby, cricket & basketball players than i have for soccer "stars". Because in these other sports, they either have to work longer hours (cricket), train harder, be aerobically fitter (basketball), be anaerobically fitter/bigger/have to do weights (rugby), and they all got paid a fraction of the premiership pansies, who aren't the best of athletes.

Last edited: