All I Know About Trading Options, I Learned in Flight School

In T2Ws defence, they did delete the article by Howard when they realised what everyone else had been saying for 6 months.

I would hope that they did realise, but judging by what was written by various members of staff and moderators in defense of that particular article, I'm not entirely sure that they did.

:LOL:

The article and its subsequent handling was quality lulz, and provided many an amusing moment.

It would be even funnier if a group of Howard supporters started to petition for the reinstatement of that particular interview :LOL:

How odd that Howard had no comments on the removal of said article.

Any comments on that HC ? Are T2W bullies?

How odd that Howard had no comments on the removal of said article.

Any comments on that HC ? Are T2W bullies?

T2W has a minimum rank policy on articles. The article was removed based on this policy. Although some private email pointed out that not all "experts" were as dismissive as many of the so called "experts" here, those that ranked the article won out in the end.

I have moved on and my trading strategy has evolved. Although I may teach one day, I do not at the moment, in spite of "the DTs" posted here by ... wait for it ... DT.

I don't think that applies to trading. Maybe in the case of total noobs, but otherwise no.

I am of the belief that in any activity, especially one with danger associated with it, we must always be a student to survive, let alone thrive.

When I receive advice from credible sources that I don't understand, it reminds me of how much I have to learn. When I don't understand it or the premises of the conclusion are suspicious, I challenge the provider. That's how I learn best. Lucky for me, there are some here who have stuck with me with dialog in the best traditions of teaching to help me get it. Unfortunately, they are in the minority of the critics.

T2W has a minimum rank policy on articles. The article was removed based on this policy....

I am intriged. So how exactly does that work then ?

Does the article need to attract a minimum number of member rankings, or views ?
Does the article need to attract a rating higher than some particular threshold ?
Are all member votes equal, or are some members votes "more equal than others" ? :LOL:

Perhaps someone from T2W could clarify. This kind of sounds like the tail wagging the dog, if T2W commissions an interview, and their content editors think its appropriate and educational (or even lulzy), then it should stay (even if it is nonsense)

Who exactly ranked this article, and why are their opinions given such weight ? there needs to be a degree of transparency.

I suspect there could be other articles that dont meet these criteria, and if so, why are these not removed ? perhaps someone could provide details of articles that have been deleted and why. As the majority of these articles are written by vendors, surely it would be educational to know who the membership thinks is talkin bollox

A little off topic, but it makes me laugh.

If you see a bomb technician running, try to keep up with him.
Source: USAF Ammo Troop

I am of the belief that in any activity, especially one with danger associated with it, we must always be a student to survive, let alone thrive.

When I receive advice from credible sources that I don't understand, it reminds me of how much I have to learn. When I don't understand it or the premises of the conclusion are suspicious, I challenge the provider. That's how I learn best. Lucky for me, there are some here who have stuck with me with dialog in the best traditions of teaching to help me get it. Unfortunately, they are in the minority of the critics.

I just think that the idea is dangerous when applied to trading. Above all, the retail punter should strive for simplicity - markets are essentially very simple. It takes a long time to realise this, but in fact very little knowledge is required, and over-complication is a significant peril.

A little off topic, but it makes me laugh.

If you see a bomb technician running, try to keep up with him.
Source: USAF Ammo Troop

Actually I can see how that does apply to trading. Even better might be "If you see a crowd of bomb technicians running, try to keep up with them". :)

Keep going HoCo. I actually think this thread is providing some interesting discussion points. (y)

T2W has a minimum rank policy on articles. The article was removed based on this policy.

LOL! Howard - you can find a silver lining on any cloud.... ooooh - that might be a flight quote.

Although some private email pointed out that not all "experts" were as dismissive as many of the so called "experts" here, those that ranked the article won out in the end.

I have moved on and my trading strategy has evolved. Although I may teach one day, I do not at the moment, in spite of "the DTs" posted here by ... wait for it ... DT.

So - the interview wasn't removed because you are a numpty and despite hundreds of posts telling you that you are picking up pennies in front of a steam roller - PMs told a different story.

You do make me laugh.

I am intriged. So how exactly does that work then ?

Does the article need to attract a minimum number of member rankings, or views ?
Does the article need to attract a rating higher than some particular threshold ?
Are all member votes equal, or are some members votes "more equal than others" ? :LOL:

Perhaps someone from T2W could clarify. This kind of sounds like the tail wagging the dog, if T2W commissions an interview, and their content editors think its appropriate and educational (or even lulzy), then it should stay (even if it is nonsense)

Who exactly ranked this article, and why are their opinions given such weight ? there needs to be a degree of transparency.

I suspect there could be other articles that dont meet these criteria, and if so, why are these not removed ? perhaps someone could provide details of articles that have been deleted and why. As the majority of these articles are written by vendors, surely it would be educational to know who the membership thinks is talkin bollox

Nope - it's just Howard being delusional.

We all know why it was removed, the fact that Howard chooses to believe it's not because of him is par for the course.

LOL! Howard - you can find a silver lining on any cloud.... ooooh - that might be a flight quote.

"Every cloud has a silver lining, if you have the sense to look for it". Maybe?

After all, losses (clouds) are good learning opportunities.

HoCo, if you pinch that you owe me some royalties.

Nope - it's just Howard being delusional.

We all know why it was removed, the fact that Howard chooses to believe it's not because of him is par for the course.

I've not seen anyone support your falsehoods.

How's that working out for you.

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Source:

On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Source: Zerohedge

Brilliant - I've not logged onto T2W for months and Howard's threads are still top of the unread posts list.

Intriguing that the markets are tanking, VIX is up 20% today and Howard's busy on T2W. How's the selling vol thing going Howard?

On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Source: Zerohedge

Brilliant - I've not logged onto T2W for months and Howard's threads are still top of the unread posts list.

Intriguing that the markets are tanking, VIX is up 20% today and Howard's busy on T2W. How's the selling vol thing going Howard?

Surprisingly, I was away for several months as well. I received a kind invitation to return so I've done so. There are fewer obnoxious posters, but some very persistent bullies.

I've had some tough months. I just closed my first year and I was only up 35% in trading credit spreads. My strategy undergoes continuous improvement. Learning to take advantage of recent volatility changes. Learning when to stand aside. We'll see.

180-Degree Turn - A sometimes difficult maneuver to perform; the degree of difficulty is usually determined by the size of the pilot's ego.
Source: