Quote of the day

It's listed under spreadbetting on the hmrc site! Nothing I am thinking just facts.

If people can't understand english or hmrc rules then you better hope your stupidity is taken into consideration when hmrc come knocking. Given that you are able to make any money in the first place

If trader X is buying and averaging down in fixed size and in equal distances for example buy 1 lot every 100 pips , then it is impossible to always have the average entry price near the bottom , it will be exactly in the middle between the first entry and the last one , one would need 50% retracement just to get back to BE .

Ofcourse there could be another version of averaging down , for example first buy every 100 pips then buy every 50 and so on, while increasing size more aggressively all the way down just to try to make the average entry near the bottom , but that wont work every time , at some point you will run out of fuel before seeing the bottom , which will keep your average entry hanging up there way off the bottom . Not to mention the steep drawdowns you will suffer just to get back to BE .

Which brings me to the old saying : martingale works if you have unlimited money .

All of this is just to avoid taking a loss of few pips in the first place while being ok with taking the same amount as profits .

6099-darktone-albums-general-5-picture4462-risk-blinkers.jpg

Your new avatar pic... is that a blinkered dummy or just a dummy with a horse face?

I think so too.

You don't want to be trading with the herd but against them.

You want to be buying when they are selling and selling when they are buying.

You should be picking off their stop losses so you can profit and not trying to hide behind them by a few paces. This just puts you at the wrong end of the firing range.

yep

to many ego wrestling on those boards always holding constantly absolute truths which in my humble perception translates in absolute bs.

Many healthy discussion are killed by those strong opinion/beliefs, here the egos can get very aggressive (fear) in defending something that exist only in their mind, showing a luck of maturity as a trader and as a person.

(of course here i am not referring to anyone in particular...)
aaa

The new " alternative reality " is the Trump supporters speak for downright lies.
Disgraceful.

I am not going to do any live trades,i dont want to show more of what i know,i have showed enough.Not targets nothing.
You cannot beat me in nothing of these with what i know,not even hedge funds can.

Quality like this doesnt come along often :cheesy:

dear pretentious effeminate dbphoenix/mr. charts fanboy, however was used in contrast to the implied change of mind, that your first impression was that of an idiot, he changed his mind, however you have restored the original state of perceived idiocy.

Mr_Bean_zps57f5b6aa.jpg