• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[PORTFOLIO] CavaliereVerde investing

Who are the hoeroes of 2021?
QJU :ROFLMAO: but its lifespan has been very short...

NTI , SUG and ... other members of this forum ;)
It seems Return(2020) is not a good predictor of Return(2021)

I don't want to spoil my portfolio so I will give you only the most visible real hero : UYZ

Last edited:
That's what I'd like to see at Darwinex as investor support, it is an undocumented function (only visible by mouseover on a certain description at Zulutrade only on 1 list, maybe I didn't find the documentation):
1624091973651.png

CIS is in the Entry zone right now.If you will wait for his LA to recover,you will miss the best time to enter.
So, the Darwin did trend profitably for the next 6 months after your call. However, the timing of collapses might have been random.

In any case, I would not invest in any Darwin without a STOP. There a too few good enough Darwins to be able to construct a profitable free-floating portfolio relying only on diversification to manage risk. Better use STOPS and then know you can afford to be extremely selective, even if it involves trading only one Darwin.

CIS.PNG

Are you making profit investing darwins with STOPS ?
I think the secret is looking for darwins with good fundamentals (investable attributes) and a long trackrecord.
CIS has been lucky for one year.

The lesson for me with CIS has been to avoid to invest darwins with EX lower than 10 (CIS reached it only in 2021) and to avoid darwins with very low LA score (lower than 1).
Being selective we can prevent the loss instead of realizing it with a stoploss.

Last edited:
I think the secret is looking for darwins with good fundamentals (investable attributes) and a long trackrecord.

The lesson for me with CIS has been to avoid to invest darwins with EX lower than 10 (CIS reached it only in 2021) and to avoid darwins with very low LA score (lower than 1).
Being selective we can prevent the loss instead of realizing it with a stoploss.
La was too slow at FSK and ZVQ, but to avoid or leave a Darwin when La goes or is < 2 would have worked with CIS, EOD, GFA and others.

Speaking about fallen heroes like FSK HFD and CIS , when they were going strong their trackrecord was too short to meet the requirements of my filter.

No, certainly I'm not making money, just recovering some of the losses accrued when I did not use STOPS and was pursuing the dream of a profitable free-floating portfolio built on selection, allocation, diversification and correlation.

1) The first fact is there are too few profitable Darwins with full Experience and enough capacity left.
3) The second fact is any Darwin, no matter how good, can collapse any time.
4) As a result, diversification is not enough to ensure profits, and STOPS have to be used to limit the downside.
5) Moreover, the volatility of Darwins, i.e. the PNL of the strategy, is unlike price action in most financial markets, in that it is extremely biased to downside. The unstopped collapse of one single Darwin in your portfolio can erase all the profits, past and future, of the whole portfolio, and even more so if using leverage.

Textbook example to illustrate 5) above:
Darwinex_why_STOPS.PNG

Last edited: