• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] HFD by HighFive

Not to be too harsh but he's being stubborn on the GBPUSD and has thrown out all the risk management rhetoric in his description.

The warning bells should have started ringing after the epistle about changing locations, etc. After over 200k in performance fees, better professionalism should be expected.

Not to be too harsh but he's being stubborn on the GBPUSD and has thrown out all the risk management rhetoric in his description.

The warning bells should have started ringing after the epistle about changing locations, etc. After over 200k in performance fees, better professionalism should be expected.
he knows his darwin is doomed now. I don't think i have seen a darwin go through one of these collapse that ever recovers investment. with 200k in the back pocket. he is going for broke

H is not a professional, but paid someone to write professional content to post the community.
His communication was not geniune while for example CIS has real communication.

H is not a professional, but paid someone to write professional content to post the community.
His communication was not geniune while for example CIS has real communication.
sure, CIS is saying all the right things. he knows the right things to say. but it only took a weekend to do "soul searching" and bish bash bosh, raring to go by monday. that leaves me cautious. I hope he does hold it together. it is no good for any of us to see Darwins collapse

he knows his darwin is doomed now. I don't think i have seen a darwin go through one of these collapse that ever recovers investment. with 200k in the back pocket. he is going for broke
Obviously can't recover when you have a strategy (or lack thereof), that makes you stubbornly stick to a direction even when clearly wrong. Even if he does recover it will be by luck. A quality trader should never lose over 60% in two months without a Black Swan that is at least double the CHF one.

Obviously can't recover when you have a strategy (or lack thereof), that makes you stubbornly stick to a direction even when clearly wrong. Even if he does recover it will be by luck. A quality trader should never lose over 60% in two months without a Black Swan that is at least double the CHF one.
it is not a strategy he lacks, it is a risk manager to shut him out of his account for his own good

Hi! I bet that these failures like this is partuculary reason for closing darwinex forums.

Hi,

If we read about traders then you will always see "dark days". Ray Dalio, Warren Buffett or Bill Ackman had big drop in equities.

But they stay on the boat and communicated and give a plan.

Problem occurs when DarwinEx and the trader do not act. Shouldn't DarwinEx send some notification to the investors telling a drop of "X %" have occurs?

I'm sure most investors do not look at the DarwinEx on daily or weekly basis.

That my 2 cents

If we had had money to invest, doing it in HFD was not in the thought, in the trading journal it was evident that it was not good enough to handle the losses, its recoveries were just a stroke of luck with high leverage, it's all over now.

I never invested in HFD and this is the reason I am at break even in 2020 (and not in red) , but I can understand who was investing.
There was overtrading in DD but not martingales.
What prevented me to invest was that was too good to be true and his communication was a bit strange.

Hi,

If we read about traders then you will always see "dark days". Ray Dalio, Warren Buffett or Bill Ackman had big drop in equities.

But they stay on the boat and communicated and give a plan.

Problem occurs when DarwinEx and the trader do not act. Shouldn't DarwinEx send some notification to the investors telling a drop of "X %" have occurs?

I'm sure most investors do not look at the DarwinEx on daily or weekly basis.

That my 2 cents

I have requested a new feature : be able to receive alerts set on Darwin quotes
edit : does it already exist ? 😳

Last edited by a moderator:
->https://www.darwinex.com/account/D.58234#
WOW insane!
Underlying strategy recovered 40% in 4 days! 😲 😲
What has been lost at VaR 10-20% is being recoverd essntially at full risk.
Investos aren't risking much but the problem is that with this leverage he can blow with an unlucky week.
If he blows the account he is likely to stop trading and investors will have to sell low.

->https://www.darwinex.com/account/D.58234#
WOW insane!
Underlying strategy recovered 40% in 4 days! 😲 😲
What has been lost at VaR 10-20% is being recoverd essntially at full risk.
Investos aren't risking much but the problem is that with this leverage he can blow with an unlucky week.
If he blows the account he is likely to stop trading and investors will have to sell low.
But as you say it is a double edged sword! In german we say "ritt auf der Rasierklinge" which translets to tiptoeing on a razer blade. Slip up and your finished